Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Myth of Arctic Meltdown: Stunning Satellite Images Show Summer Ice Cap


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

Topic is almost a year old, but it gives us a nice chance to check in on hch's prophecies.

We're still here - no end of the world - and Pope Francis has been in office for over 2 years (March 2013).

It also gives us a nice chance to check in on the Arctic ice: and waddaya know, it's the lowest on record: http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/2015-arctic-sea-ice-maximum-annual-extent-is-lowest-on-record/

Truth is important

Posted

So the saga continues...

Most, if not all of the natural disasters in the world will not be worldwide until we see the coming of Christ, as indicated by this comment from the Word

11 And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.....Genesis 9

OTOH, when one is in the middle of a 5 year drought for a large section of the country such as California, Nevada, and other parts of the western U.S., it is easy to feel inundated worldwide such as might be indicated in the lives of those who are experiencing famine.

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Topic is almost a year old, but it gives us a nice chance to check in on hch's prophecies.

We're still here - no end of the world - and Pope Francis has been in office for over 2 years (March 2013).

It also gives us a nice chance to check in on the Arctic ice: and waddaya know, it's the lowest on record: http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/2015-arctic-sea-ice-maximum-annual-extent-is-lowest-on-record/

Some things get better with age (like my understanding of Bible prophecy).

California has not fallen into the sea (yet) and the Rocky Mountains are still the backbone of the USA

(even if they don't have a drop of snow on them - but from reading Revelation I'm not surprised).

But I am surprised that there are folks that don't see that vanishing snow caps have anything to do with global warming?

 

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Even if the Rocky Mountains don't have a drop of snow on them:

I am looking out the window of my home at the Rocky Mountains and I see snow in many places.

Last Saturday my wife and I decided to get out into God's great created world.  We drove a car from the Eastern side of the Rocky Mountains, over the top and part way down the Western side.  We saw snow  in many places.

Well, technically the statement about a drop of snow is correct.  The Rocky Mountains have many drops of snow on them and not just one drop.  Also, I suppose, HCH did not say that the Rocky Mountains did not have any snow on them.  He just sounded like he said such.  Or, who knows, maybe he did not say anything at all about this subject. 

 

Edited by Gregory Matthews

Gregory

Posted

As I look out my window, I see plenty of snow on the Front Range.  I drive by full resivoirs every day; and rivers and creeks running full.  It is now mid-July in one of the mildest and wettest summers I can remember.  We have only needed to water our lawn twice this summer.  Never needed the AC yet.

You gotta love living in Colorado!

Posted

Even if the Rocky Mountains don't have a drop of snow on them:

I am looking out the window of my home at the Rocky Mountains and I see snow in many places.

Last Saturday my wife and I decided to get out into God's great created world.  We drove a car from the Eastern side of the Rocky Mountains, over the top and part way down the Western side.  We saw snow  in many places.

Well, technically the statement about a drop of snow is correct.  The Rocky Mountains have many drops of snow on them and not just one drop.  Also, I suppose, HCH did not say that the Rocky Mountains did not have any snow on them.  He just sounded like he said such.  Or, who knows, maybe he did not say anything at all about this subject. 

 

Did your trek over the mountains give credence to the idea

that global warming is upon us or business as usual?

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Posted

I live in CA and am parched.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

 

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

 

Posted

As I look out my window, I see plenty of snow on the Front Range.  I drive by full reservoirs every day; and rivers and creeks running full.  It is now mid-July in one of the mildest and wettest summers I can remember.  We have only needed to water our lawn twice this summer.  Never needed the AC yet.

You gotta love living in Colorado!

Just a few days ago there was a news report about all the wells going dry out west and people being forced off their land like it was in the dust bowl days because of no water.

Pictures of Hoover Dam (in Colorado) show it's at the lowest point since before it was built. Is that wrong? Is there an abundance of water at the Hoover Dam but they are telling us that it's going dry? Why the contradictions?

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

  • Moderators
Posted

HCH:  My personal belief is that global warming is here and humanity is one factor.  We are not the only factor, but we are the only factor that we can control.

As to my trek over the mountains, my subjective evaluation was that there there was a bit less snow than normal.

Did your trek over the mountains give credence to the idea

that global warming is upon us or business as usual?

 

Gregory

Posted

Did your trek over the mountains give credence to the idea that global warming is upon us or business as usual?

I am starting to see predictions of another ice age. Arctic cap has grown significantly.  I do not discount a human effect on the planet, however, global warming? No. I tend to regard that as a leftist plot, along with the Roman church, to gain control of the masses. OK, libs, attack!

                          >>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

*****************************************************************************

    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

       --Shakespeare from Hamlet

*****************************************************************************

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Posted

Just a few days ago there was a news report about all the wells going dry out west and people being forced off their land like it was in the dust bowl days because of no water.

Pictures of Hoover Dam (in Colorado) show it's at the lowest point since before it was built. Is that wrong? Is there an abundance of water at the Hoover Dam but they are telling us that it's going dry? Why the contradictions?

Hoover Dam is on the Colorado River; but not in Colorado; it straddles the Arizona-Nevada border.  It is indeed at very low levels.

Currently, no part of Colorado is in drought; resevoirs are full; and rivers and creeks are running full.  I think we've had only 1 or 2 days above 90 degrees F this summer so far.  Almost twice normal precipitation.

Posted

Hoover Dam is on the Colorado River; but not in Colorado; it straddles the Arizona-Nevada border.  It is indeed at very low levels.

Currently, no part of Colorado is in drought; reservoirs are full; and rivers and creeks are running full.  I think we've had only 1 or 2 days above 90 degrees F this summer so far.  Almost twice normal precipitation.

Thank you for correcting my geographical misspeak so politely.

I think this quote is worthy of consideration:

“The judgments of God are in the land. The wars and rumors of wars, the destruction by fire and flood, say clearly that the time of trouble, which is to increase until the end, is very near at hand. We have no time to lose. The world is stirred with the spirit of war. The prophecies of the eleventh of Daniel have almost reached their final fulfillment.”[1]

 

[1] The Day of the Lord Is Near, & Hasteth Greatly, RH, 11/24/1904 par. 8

 

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Posted

I am starting to see predictions of another ice age. Arctic cap has grown significantly.  I do not discount a human effect on the planet, however, global warming? No. I tend to regard that as a leftist plot, along with the Roman church, to gain control of the masses. OK, libs, attack!

In response to JoeMo, I sent a prediction from EGW that I thought was timely though it did not predict an ice age.

I also did some research to see if there was anything to verify an increase in fire or flooding that she predicted.

Then for good measure I checked out earthquakes and tornadoes. (earth, fire, water, wind)

What results do you think would align with the global warming scenario?

Destruction by earth, fire, water, wind: Increase? Decrease? No change?

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Posted

As to my trek over the mountains, my subjective evaluation was that there there was a bit less snow than normal.

So in spite of your personal view, the evidence is not conclusive?

My kids have a game "spill the beans"

everybody adds beans. The pot fills up and it looks normal.

Then it reaches a point of no return and all the beans get spilled.

In the game, we all know that the beans will spill when critical mass is reached.

The global warming difference is that we disagree that the problem will ever reach critical mass.

Proponents say that business as usual will result in critical mass sooner than later.

Nay sayers say that it is a cyclical event: no big deal.

Will it turn out to be like it was in the days of Noah?

Noah predicted rain (critical mass) and the nay sayers brushed it off as a normal cycle

How long before we know for sure?

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Posted

I have heard that other planets in our solar system are also "warming".  I've read that this may be due to the approach of a large object - like a huge asteroid.  There are many prophecies that predict the earth will be "moved out of it's place" and "reel to and fro" - which could happen with a huge asteroid hit.  Earth could be knocked closer to the sun resulting in 7 times hotter, and the new rotation could also result in periods when earth is very cold and dark.  This also is something noted in the 7 last wrath plagues.  

    Jeremiah 4:23-26 [After the great day of the Lord] “I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void; And the heavens, they had no light.  I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth.  I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled.  I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, And all its cities were broken down At the presence of the LORD, By His fierce anger.”

Isaiah 24:18-20  “For the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth are shaken.  The earth is violently broken.  The earth is split open.  The earth is shaken exceedingly.  The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall totter like a hut.”  

    NOTE:  John may be describing an asteroid shower, or the stars may have the appearance of falling when the earth reels to and fro.

    Isaiah 13:13  “Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth will move out of her place, [out of her orbit?] in the wrath of the LORD of hosts and in the day of His fierce anger.”

 

8thdaypriest

Posted

Climate change, probably the main cause of famines, is insignificant compared to a planet being struck by something really big, losing or adding a chunk, then wobbling and shaking around in a death-dance. Anyone watching that moon-sized chunk of rock approaching should realize that they are doomed, along with the rest of the life on this world.

The bombardment of the Earth by asteroids will likely be an extinction event, but it's preceded by the most fortunate rescue of the followers of YHVH. I'm thinking that the cities from the Kingdom of the Stars will swoop in around the globe, sound their horns, and wait for the chosen ones to be pulled up and inside.

Before the ice age warm-climate animals ranged in the northern latitudes. Maybe that will happen again.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451
 

Posted

We have the Bible that says in Rev_16:8  "And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire."

We have a mixed review of global warming.

and we have scoffers like those in Noah's day that said "It ain't goina rain!"

And we have the choice to go by faith or sight.

So if we do not see the Bible fulfilled as we think it ought to be fulfilled,

do we cast off our faith? Or refuse to believe until we see it as we expect it to be?

Or by faith, do we confirm that it is upon us and look up for our Redemption is drawing near?

 

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...