Jump to content
ClubAdventist

The South Carolina targeted killings


Recommended Posts

Posted

It is true the forms one has to fill out ask ones racial background such as Hispanic, Asian, or Black, etc, however, not "African-American".  As you said the "black" term is not accurate.  You are right.  It comes from racial prejudice still imbedded among people.  If one has one drop of black blood one is called black.  If a black person has a ¾ of white blood he is not called "white", but he is a black.  This is the bias we have in our society.

Posted

It is true the forms one has to fill out ask ones racial background such as Hispanic, Asian, or Black, etc, however, not "African-American".  As you said the "black" term is not accurate.  You are right.  It comes from racial prejudice still imbedded among people.  If one has one drop of black blood one is called black.  If a black person has a ¾ of white blood he is not called "white", but he is a black.  This is the bias we have in our society.

Perhaps the natural reality that seems obvious when one lights a candle in a dark room, it is transformed into a gradation of light and there is essentially no negative bias for the determination of darkness. I recall a conversation by some illustrious black individual who protested against being referred to as black by a white person. He asked the question, why do you call me black since I am brown and you are pink, or some such conversation as that.

Personally I'm satisfied with the color God gave me at birth and it will only change when He chooses to transform me.

51Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be
changed....1 Corinthians 15
 
God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

There is a delusion that inhabits the mind of many American's when it comes to racism. They are still captive to the belief and practice that black Americans are not real Americans. Sickening.

Did they fly the flag at half mast for this young lad killed for no other reason than an African-American wanted to experience a "thrill killing"..

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-baseball-player-chris-lanes-killer-gets-life-without-parole-20150616-ghpp1d.html

Posted

This thread has gone off the track but, I would like to make one last comment as some made a fun of me saying I am ignorant. Many years ago, in this country I learned that there are four racial classifications, namely: Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Indian, and Negroid.  As time went by some people were offended by this classification, so it was revised.  Oriental for Mongoloid, and Colored for Negroid.  Further down the road, some wanted them changed, so, again they changed to Asian, and Black.  The Blacks wanted further change to African-Americans recently, however, some object to this idea as they are not from Africa.  Strictly speaking Asians are the ones live in the region of Asia, Africans are the ones live in Africa.  For a person who was born and living in American call oneself African-American just because one's ancestors came from Africa is a misnomer, however, whatever makes one happy let it be that way.

 

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

This thread has gone off the track but, I would like to make one last comment as some made a fun of me saying I am ignorant. Many years ago, in this country I learned that there are four racial classifications, namely: Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Indian, and Negroid.  As time went by some people were offended by this classification, so it was revised.  Oriental for Mongoloid, and Colored for Negroid.  Further down the road, some wanted them changed, so, again they changed to Asian, and Black.  The Blacks wanted further change to African-Americans recently, however, some object to this idea as they are not from Africa.   Africans are the ones live in Africa.  For a person who was born and living in American call oneself African-American just because one's ancestors came from Africa is a misnomer, however, whatever makes one happy let it be that way.

 

Dude, I wasn't trying to make fun just pointing out what is evident. "The blacks" (the use of which betrays again your level of understanding) are not using African-American as a racial classification in the same way that Caucasoid is used. Why? They are seeing to describe blacks in America  not around the world.

Strictly speaking Asians are the ones live in the region of Asia,

So if someone in Japan starts to live in France he is no longer Asian? He's French?

Edited by lazarus

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Posted

I remember a learning experience I had in Africa, it was either Uganda or Rwanda..  called by description, black 5 ft 3 glasses etc..  I was informed he was brown not black, black people come from a part of Sudan..

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

 

Posted

An Asian man moves to France and takes up a Franch citizenship,  then he maybe called Asian-French. His decedents born in France would be French.

  • Administrators
Posted (edited)

You are confusing citizenship with nationality or national origin.  How are you going to identify someone with duel citizenship?  How would you identify someone's heritage? They are not mutually exclusive.  does someone lose one at the expense of the other?  Why not celebrate both and be proud of both?  

Edited by Tom Wetmore

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Administrators
Posted

America is less of a melting pot and more of a salad.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Members
Posted

It is true the forms one has to fill out ask ones racial background such as Hispanic, Asian, or Black, etc, however, not "African-American".  As you said the "black" term is not accurate.  You are right.  It comes from racial prejudice still imbedded among people.  If one has one drop of black blood one is called black.  If a black person has a ¾ of white blood he is not called "white", but he is a black.  This is the bias we have in our society.

Won, I'd like to see those people that actually have black blood or white blood!!! I've always thought that all people had red blood?? Am I wrong??????

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Did they fly the flag at half mast for this young lad killed for no other reason than an African-American wanted to experience a "thrill killing"..

3ce75f22afff4dad6b71e8fb75b144679661f091

Edited by lazarus

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Posted

Because they still would have gunned him down if he were African American.... 

 

Posted

Lararuz,

I would very much appreciated if you do not address me as "dude".  The official documents ask people for their racial classification not what their lineage is!

Stan,

The person who lives  as a permanent resident in France is official classified as French regardless their ethnicity not just caucasians.  If one want to know who their ancestors were then, one can specify .  For example, I came from Korea and took an American citizenship.  I am officially Korean-American, racially I am an Asian.  I married a woman who is from Norway and she is half Swedish.  How would you officially classify my children?  Are you going to say they are Korean-Norwegian-Swedish or officially they are Americans? It gets even further complicated,  my daughter married an American citizen whose ancestors are French and some more couple of nationalities.  So, according to your reasoning how are you going to classify my grand kids officially, are they Americans or are you going to spell out whole thing?

Posted

Peter, 

Next time you come up to MA stop by and draw some blood from me, it will show you the color is "yellow"!!!

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

The United States today in not considered to be a type of "tomato soup melting pot" in which all are blended into one.  Rather  it is considered to be a salad or mince pie in which a variety of elements, each of which contributes a flavor, unite to give birth to the entire salad or pie.

 

From that perspective, the following statement is considered, at best to be uninformed:

 

 I would very much to see drop those hyphenated word and simply use "American".

People are more than just American. They are individuals that contribute something to the mix that make up the citizens of this country  To ask that they drop the hyphenated word is to diminish and/or discredit the contribution that they make to this nation.

. 

 

Edited by Gregory Matthews

Gregory

  • Moderators
Posted

Lararuz,

I would very much appreciated if you do not address me as "dude".  The official documents ask people for their racial classification not what their lineage is!

Sure.

We're are not talking about racial classification though. We are talking about what people chose to call themselves. In the end this has nothing to do with this white supremacist killing these African Americans.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Posted

The official docs. do not ask one what one wants to be called.  They are asking the racial classification.

  • Moderators
Posted

The official docs. do not ask one what one wants to be called.  They are asking the racial classification.

You may be discussing racial classification. I'm not. Your original point was about "segregating" and "desperation". You seem to draw a link between the killings and the use of the name African-American.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Posted

The United States today in not considered to be a type of "tomato soup melting pot" in which all are blended into one.  Rather  it is considered to be a salad or mince pie in which a variety of elements, each of which contributes a flavor, unite to give birth to the entire salad or pie.

 

From that perspective, the following statement is considered, at best to be uninformed:

 

People are more than just American. They are individuals that contribute something to the mix that make up the citizens of this country  To ask that they drop the hyphenated word is to diminish and/or discredit the contribution that they make to this nation.

. 

 

::like::

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

When referring to people as "Asian", keep in mind that Asia is a huge continent and "Asian" includes Israelis, Syrians, Iranians, Turks, Kurds, Indians, Pakistanis, Siberians, Nepalese and many others in addition to the classic "orientals" (meaning "from the East") such as Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese. "Asian" as a racial classification is all but useless.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

  • Members
Posted

Peter, 

Next time you come up to MA stop by and draw some blood from me, it will show you the color is "yellow"!!!

I have no doubt that its red, just like every other person on earth!!

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Perhaps the only real Americans are the Native American Tribes, here long before the influx of European and other nationalities. Maybe the majority of us white-skinned folk should identify ourselves as Euro-Americans.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451
 

Posted

Sooner of later they are going to make a movie about this.  Perhaps a made for TV movie, or maybe even a hollywood, big screen movie.   The story lines are too compelling.  This guy, the perpetrator, is complex, to say the least.  He is an avowed racist, yet he had black friends.  I just read where one of his african american drinking buddies says he still loves him as a friend.

But, beyond the racial issues. This incident, as former Texas former Governor Perry meant to call it, or so he says, shows just how evil men's hearts are, or can be.  I mean, prayer meeting.  Wednesday night prayer is like an oasis in the middle of the week.  I don't attend as much as I should, but it is.   This type of meeting is about as all american as can be.  For someone, anyone, to desecrate something like that in such a violent and shocking manner is scary.   I don't know if the secular humanist film makers in hollywood will be able to convey all of that, but to be sure a movie will be made.

Posted

Re African...

 

only 2/3 of Africans are black or blackish..  My adopted child home was from an Island in Africa. Most her look at her would say she was Chinese.

African does not mean black or blackish.  I

Is Egypt part of Africa?  Check the map.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...