Jump to content
ClubAdventist

The Little Horn--More


Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, TrevorL said:

A few of the 20 he lists are AD 180 Irenaeus, AD 185 Tertullian, AD 194 Clement, AD 230 Origen, AD 330 Eusebius, AD 340-420 Jerome, AD 520 Andreas of Caesarea.

These references are pretty dated.  Most of these guys probably thought the earth was flat and that the universe orbited around the earth.  I'd probably go with some of the more recent references (many of which still identify the four metals as you do.  But they differ on the toes ...

Posted

Greetings again JoeMo,

9 hours ago, JoeMo said:

But they differ on the toes ...

Most of the 20 on the list also equated the ten horns to be the divisions of the Roman Empire after the decline of the Roman Empire. I do not know how you understand Daniel 8, but I subscribe to the fairly common view that the prominent horn of the Goat was Alexander the Great, and the four horns represent the subdivision of the Grecian Empire after the death of Alexander. I compare this concept with the subdivision of the Roman Empire represented by ten horns in Daniel 7. So again, I do not see the need to start again from scratch on the jigsaw, or reinvent the wheel.

Kind regards Trevor

Posted
On 1/22/2019 at 2:02 AM, TrevorL said:

I do not know how you understand Daniel 8, but I subscribe to the fairly common view that the prominent horn of the Goat was Alexander the Great

No problem there.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:02 AM, TrevorL said:

So again, I do not see the need to start again from scratch on the jigsaw, or reinvent the wheel.

Maybe it's just my perception of things; but when theories don't represents reality (at least my perception of reality), it's time to revisit the theories.

  • 4 months later...
Posted

We should be careful not to lock ourselves into the beliefs of our Adventist Forefathers and Foremothers.

They confused the Dark Day, the meteor shower, and the Lisbon earthquake with the Day of YHVH, a day with Black Sun, Red Moon, Falling Stars, and the shaking of the Earth, all occurring when the Sixth Seal is opened and men's hearts fail in fear and call for the rocks to fall on them to hide them from the face of YHVH.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...