DickOdenthal Posted February 4, 2022 Posted February 4, 2022 B/W I frankly have reached the point in my life that I don’t care what preacher has to say or any other book from the Bible. If you go to the EGW app and look up various phrases or words she used you are confronted with the same passage, paragraph or more being used in numerous different publications at various times. You are left not even knowing the context. So when EGW uses the word perfection is she using it from the Common Anglo Saxon understanding of the 19th century or was she using it in the KJV 1611 understanding? Maybe she was using it as the Biblical writer intended then if she was her comments would certainly be understood differently than the minor fringe LGT preachers and teachers understand her. Bottom line for me the Bible defines terms. As I have studied more how the Hebrew writers constructed their letters/books I strangely find certain points of emphasis for the LGT people strangely absent from the narrative. What I mean by this is that if you have to cobble a bunch of texts together to try and create a teaching like LGT. I cannot find in the narrative either in the Old or New Testament where a prophet or an apostle knew about the teaching. Quote
GHansen Posted February 4, 2022 Posted February 4, 2022 5 hours ago, DickOdenthal said: Bottom line for me the Bible defines terms. Amen to that. Usually the terms are defined in the immediate context. Simple problem is that many of us functionally illiterate, i.e., we lack the ability to actually understand what we are reading. George Knight has written a book, "I Used to be Perfect." Perhaps similar to Bruinsma's book? Quote
DickOdenthal Posted February 5, 2022 Posted February 5, 2022 I have that book. Read it quite a few years ago. I actually like George Knight. All in all seems an honest writer. What I mean by that is he just doesn’t regurgitate positions. Thinks for himself. phkrause 1 Quote
Humble Disciple Posted February 7, 2022 Posted February 7, 2022 Jesus isn't going to return until the Great Commission is fulfilled, when the Gospel is preached to all nations, no matter how perfect we think we are. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.