Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/13/2017 in all areas

  1. Stan

    I grew up in the Westboro Baptist Church

    1 point
  2. JoeMo

    I grew up in the Westboro Baptist Church

    Hard to say. There is no link here. Here is the link: I agree with Stan. powerful video.
    1 point
  3. Stan

    I grew up in the Westboro Baptist Church

    this is so full of powerful statements.
    1 point
  4. debbym

    The nature of the Holy Spirit

    Jesus made it clear, in His absence they would experience a great Loss. The Helper from Heaven would come to them and represent the character and purposes of Jesus, just as the Holy Spirit was there for Christ, teaching Him of His Heavenly Father. The Spirit represents Jesus to each individual without the limitations of time and space Jesus had. Bringing all the authority and love and tenderness and power of God to us personally. Only By the Holy Spirit can we resist the power of sin rolling down through every generation in our sinful nature. By these promises we are partakers of Divine nature having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. the oil of anointing that flowed down the robe of Aaron represented the Holy Spirit that enveloped Jesus at his inauguration as High priest and flowed down to earth through His great sacrifice and victory in a great torrent, to bring us heaven, to lift us up and restore our communion with heaven. The white curtain wall around the desert sanctuary surrounded the work of Christ on earth and in heaven. From the alter of sacrifice to the Most Holy Place Christ walked from earth to heaven. Earth is profoundly connected to heaven by the powerful working of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit makes known the head of the human race, by creation and now also by incarnation, death, resurrection, and intercession is Jesus. The very heart of God is pouring love and mercy on the world.
    1 point
  5. B/W Photodude

    I do some color!

    Many years ago, I came home from the academy. One Sabbath afternoon, my brother said, "Hey! Lets sneak out and go see a movie!" Mind you, I had a very strict Adventist mom and had never been to a movie theater in my life! But we did. We went to see "The Man with the X-rays Eyes". I have been hooked on seeing what I can't see ever since. My X-man superpower would be to see all of the electromagnetic bands with my own eyes! I did not go into radiology, but always enjoyed taking patients to radiology (ICU patients always had their nurse go with them to scans) for their imaging tests which included everything from CT scans, MRI, PET scans, angiograms with their spinning injections, nuclear medicine studies, and not to forget plain ol' x-rays and fluoroscopy studies.
    1 point
  6. B/W Photodude

    I do some color!

    What you are seeing in the police chases is FLIR (forward looking infrared) photography. This is interesting as it and thermography use radiation created by the human body and is not a light source reflecting off of the subject. Why this is interesting is, Adam and Eve were said to have glowed with the glory of God. In fact, Moses coming down off the mountain had to cover his face because of the fear people had of looking at him. I do not know what this "glow" of Adam and Eve or even of Moses was, and I am not sure that it can even be photographed. If you took a picture of Moses coming down from the mountain and later looked at it, would you get the same feelings you got looking at him in real life? But whatever the "science" behind the glow, it no longer is present in most human beings today. It is interesting that the only real use of the "glow" from FLIR subjects are usually from people being caught in the act of sin ... I mean ... breaking the law! So, amazingly, even sinful people have an unseen "glow" to them. Thermography also has a medical use in finding certain disease states. Again, the effects of sin show up in the flesh and is visible in our human "glow." Some people will say that clothing is an invention of the devil. Not exactly, but it seems that clothing is a counterfit for the brightness of their being from being in the presence of God. But that is another completely different thread!
    1 point
  7. Gustave

    The nature of the Holy Spirit

    Read John 14, 16 again. Jesus says He will ask The Father - who will send ANOTHER Paraclete. That is clearly ANOTHER Person distinct from the Father & The Son.
    1 point
  8. aka

    I do some color!

    Hi, PhotoDude, I'm so glad you are part of this Forum and are teaching us the intricacies of matters we have no idea about. Seeing the above picture (manipulated) made be access my own values and I came to the conclusion that the mercy of God shows Himself in letting light so fall to give us the intensity of color as we know it in all things of nature. No, I definitely don't like colors giving (to me) a view that seems alien to my learned mental picture of how nature is to look in this world.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...