Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/18/2017 in all areas
-
Monica Lewinsky:Cyber Bullying
phkrause and one other reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Monica Lewinsky, for many she will be remembered as a bimbo, a woman with a mouth, no brain and nothing of value that came from that mouth--simply a person to be dismissed. In this video, she is shown to have a brain and a mouth that speaks forth words and ideas that have value and should not be dismissed. I suggest that it will be of value for you to spend the 22 minutes watching the video. Her message is compelling. Gay, thank you for bringing it to our attention.2 points -
The nature of the Holy Spirit
Gail and one other reacted to debbym for a topic
i spoke to a gentleman who spoke most fervently about the non person hood of the holy Spirit. He was really enthusiastic about it, it meant a lot to him to have this new idea. I was generally only concerned that however you wish to think about the presence of God, it is important how you respond and relate to the working of the Holy Spirit. i thought if we reason away the person of the Holy Spirit we could reason away the person of the Son, and then God would then just be a force in the universe that expressed in various ways at various times, but was only one individual. I think there are god's of India that have many faces. Some one suggests that to think of the Godhead in three parts diminishes the understanding of God, others would say it makes it more clear. people can have many aspects of themselves, wear many hats, and express themselves in different ways and at different times. We can wear many hats, yet remain one individual. would we make God in our image? This gentleman felt that if the Holy Spirit was specifically the immediate presence of The Father... and not The Spirit as an individual, he felt he was more intimate with God when he experienced the Holy Spirit, for he was in the immediate and direct presence of the Person of the Father, and he cherished this as being much more intimate with God.2 points -
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
The nature of the Holy Spirit
LifeHiscost reacted to debbym for a topic
we do not lose by understanding that that the nature of the trinity is beyond our understanding.1 point -
1 point
-
The nature of the Holy Spirit
JoeMo reacted to LifeHiscost for a topic
Rachel, do you actually think that God would not provide a person/s for the end times even as He provided special messengers (prophets) for important significant times in past biblical history? You might find this of interest from another source that I have found inspiring. God bless you. God is Love!~Jesus saves!1 point -
1 point
-
1 point
-
Canada & Military Service
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Well, the message was transmitted to me by Pony Express, so I guess it was not as current as I thought it to be. I understand that President Roosevelt is considering some fancy new means of communication that uses electricity and wires. Personally, I do not think that it will work well. After all, with a horse, one only has to feed and water. I guess we will just have to see what is possible in this new information age.1 point -
The Sabbath & Prison Employment
phkrause reacted to CoAspen for a topic
I believe there are sincere people who simple don't understand what 'working on the sabbath' was all about in Biblical times and God was saying when the word 'remember' was used. We often try to use the words essential and non-essential in arguments. What may not seem essential for me could be essential for another person. There were times in my past employment history where I simply did not apply or not accept the position that required sabbath work. it was a personal decision and I would never try to make an employer accommodate my desires. I believe the 'sabbath' commandment can often be used/abused for personal desires. Just my opinion and not meant to apply to others.1 point -
Ben Carson Defends Cuts to His Budget
phkrause reacted to CoAspen for a topic
Treating symptoms rather than cause. There may indeed need to cuts, but, that usually means cuts to those departments/personnel who monitor the funds being spent. There is probably much waste and misuse of funds, it is a .gov agency with unlimited funding by taxpayers, but in reality cutting funds does not solve problems, only gets attention! One would think a physician had better understanding of how to treat the cause. But, politics is politics, ever the ruler!!!1 point -
The nature of the Holy Spirit
LifeHiscost reacted to JoeMo for a topic
I don't even consider it a debate. I would LOVE to know more about the nature of the Holy Spirit! I would like to know as much as I can about the nature Father, the Son, and the spirit which comes forth from them. Part of learning sharing opinions. I would never condemn a trinitarian, and I am confident that none here would condemn someone who prefers a dualistic God rather than a triune God. God is a riddle wrapped in enigma and surrounded by mystery. None of us will understand Him fully until we can see Him face to face. At best, we can only partially understand. I think it's fun to compare notes with others whether or not the believe as I do. It quits being fun when people start taking it personally.1 point -
The nature of the Holy Spirit
LifeHiscost reacted to debbym for a topic
Today's readying from the devotional The Faith I Live By One Lease of Life, June 10 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them. Ecclesiastes 12:1. {FLB 167.1} Life is mysterious and sacred. It is the manifestation of God Himself, the source of all life. Precious are its opportunities, and earnestly should they be improved. Once lost, they are gone forever. {FLB 167.2} Before us God places eternity, with its solemn realities, and gives us a grasp on immortal, imperishable themes. He presents valuable, ennobling truth, that we may advance in a safe and sure path, in pursuit of an object worthy of the earnest engagement of all our capabilities. {FLB 167.3} God looks into the tiny seed that He Himself has formed, and sees wrapped within it the beautiful flower, the shrub, or the lofty, widespreading tree. So does He see the possibilities in every human being. We are here for a purpose. God has given us His plan for our life, and He desires us to reach the highest standard of development. {FLB 167.4} He desires that we shall constantly be growing in holiness, in happiness, in usefulness. All have capabilities which they must be taught to regard as sacred endowments, to appreciate as the Lord’s gifts, and rightly to employ. He desires the youth to cultivate every power of their being, and to bring every faculty into active exercise. He desires them to enjoy all that is useful and precious in this life, to be good and to do good, laying up a heavenly treasure for the future life. {FLB 167.5} It should be their ambition to excel in all things that are unselfish, high, and noble. Let them look to Christ as the pattern after which they are to be fashioned. The holy ambition that He revealed in His life they are to cherish—an ambition to make the world better for their having lived in it. This is the work to which they are called. {FLB 167.6} Only one lease of life is granted us; and the inquiry with everyone should be, How can I invest my life so that it will yield the greatest profit? How can I do most for the glory of God and the benefit of my fellow men? {FLB 167.7}1 point