Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/20/2017 in all areas

  1. JoeMo

    The nature of the Holy Spirit

    Evidence that Matt. 28:19 was changed from "Jesus" to "Father, Son and Holy Ghost" (probably by the Catholic Church). Rather than copy and paste long textual material, I will simply refer you to some websites. http://www.onenesspentecostal.com/matt2819-willis.htm http://www.trinitytruth.org/matthew28_19addedtext.html https://discover-the-truth.com/2013/07/26/trinity-the-truth-about-matthew-2819-1-john-57/ https://www.torahresource.com/pdf-articles/matt-28-19-a-text-critical-investigation.pdf There are many, many more references in Google. If you look at these, scholars are split on the authenticity of Matt: 28:19. I personally am hesitant to base my own beliefs on just a single verse of the Bible which only implies a triune God. Matt. 28:19 is the only verse in the Bible that uses the phrase "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit together that I know of.
    1 point
  2. 8thdaypriest

    The nature of the Holy Spirit

    2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (NKJ) The word "is" was added by the translators. There were many "scriptures" around, that were NOT inspired of God. ASV 2 Timothy 3:16 "Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness." To my mind, this is Paul telling Timothy that the Old Testament writings, were good to learn from and teach from. The "Scriptures" we now read in our English, have come some distance from the originals. It is truly a great miracle that we have them as close to the originals as they are. But we should concede that some changes were made, and many such changes reflected the doctrinal bias of the translators. Who was it who said, "Every translation IS an interpretation" ?? Take the word "Hell" for instance. What began as simply the abode of the dead - Sheol, was turned into a place of eternal conscious torment - because of Greek cultural beliefs.
    1 point
  3. Gregory Matthews

    SDAs Invite 5,000+ to Lunch

    On August 9, 2017, SDAs In the Metro Denver area have been invited to pray for a picnic that will be hosted on the following day. * This picnic lunch will take place in the City Park of Denver. * The table will consist of 660 sections, each 8-feet long, for a total of 5,280 feet, or one mile in length. * It will seat 5,280 people. * The plan is to unite people from diverse backgrounds, economic levels , nationalities, socio-economic, racial, gender, denominational and political, around a common table and shared meal. * Thirty-three Metro Denver Mayors have agreed to participate, along with other invited community leaders. * Each of the 660 sections will have a host who provide for the needs of their section. * Contractors will build the 660 sections of the table. * Following the close of the picnic, the 660 sections of the table will be donated to Metro Denver neighborhoods for their future use to foster community in their areas. * I think, but could be wrong, that this project came out of the doctoral studies of Tim Cress, of the LifeSource SDA Fellowship in Denver. NOTE: I have abstracted the above information from: Carol Bolden, "LifeSource Fellowship Builds Mile-Long Table," Outlook, July/August, 2017, page 22.
    1 point
  4. 8thdaypriest

    The nature of the Holy Spirit

    OK Jackson, The publishers of YSRP changed the word "it" to "He" in many of the quotations. How's that? Jackson, I'm just not going to spend my time going through the disc of Ellen White's writings looking for these changes. I know it was done. Exactly how many times it was done - I don't know. I suspect it was done with those quotations which were used in more recent publications, or in publications published during times of controversy in the church over the doctrine of the Holy Spirit. What I suggest for those interested, is that they look up the earliest use of the quotation in a published collection. That is how I came across the ones I found. The point - for me - is Ellen White sometimes used He and sometimes used "it" in reference to the Holy Spirit. That says - to me - that she was not completely settled on the nature of the Holy Spirit, herself.
    1 point
  5. aka

    Creatures in our Hands

    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...