Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/03/2017 in all areas

  1. rudywoofs (Pam)

    Another Female Ordained

    I definitely support women's ordination. What bothers me, though, are the write-ups (such as the one in the OP) on the women who *do* get ordained, without similar write-ups of the men who are ordained. In the attempt to bolster the status of the newly-ordained women, the newly-ordained men seem to have been relegated to a "ho-hum" status. Women aren't the only ones who have fascinating stories to tell about their spiritual journey leading to ordination. If the pro WO group wants to be fair, then they should treat everyone the same — otherwise, it begins to look like partiality based on one's sex....and that's shooting themselves in the foot.
    2 points
  2. Gary K

    Socialized medicine at its finest

    In the following link British parents of a child with a most likely fatal condition are denied the right to take their child to the US for an experimental medical treatment for which they have raised the money to have done. The child had been being treated in a UK hospital until the hospital said they couldn't do anything more for it. So, the parents asked the hospital to release their child so they could take it to the US. The hospital has refused and the courts have said the child's "right to die" is more important than its right to possibly live by the parents taking the child to the US for treatment. It is utter madness, but this is what you get when government thinks it is the final arbiter of life, health, and death. http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/matt-walsh-courts-in-europe-have-sentenced-a-baby-to-death-this-is-socialized-medicine/
    1 point
  3. LifeHiscost

    Worldliness

    Whatever I do out of selfishness for myself, without consideration for others who may be affected adversely by my choices. God is Love!~Jesus saves!
    1 point
  4. aka

    Quotes

    1 point
  5. phkrause

    Quotes

    1 point
  6. Stan

    Am I conservative? No. Am I liberal, No.

    1 point
  7. phkrause

    Reminds me of Daniel

    But none of those guys made fools of themselves! or had stupid things to say, day after day after day!!
    1 point
  8. LynnDel

    Dangers of Water Baptism

    Good idea about that sugar, Chaplain Gregory! The article's main focus was preparation and assessing the conditions around the proposed baptism area. Since Jesus was baptized in the Jordan after John the Baptist had already baptized many people, we can assume that any hazards had previously been removed. When it comes to water-born disease or crocodiles, etc., I suppose if those things are known to be a hazard in the area, another venue might be chosen if available. I remember baptisms in Ethiopia taking place in a pit that was dug in the red earth, and the Ethiopians were baptized in white robes that turned red when they came up out of the red water. Perhaps it was during the dry season when the rivers were down to a trickle, I don't know. There was no baptistry ready for use at that time. I know of some who believe that since baptism is blessed by God, "there should no evil befall you" while you are being baptized, and therefore one shouldn't worry. What do you think about that?
    1 point
  9. Zach Wasaka

    Dangers of Water Baptism

    I have never seen anyone getting sick or any kind of infection after baptism however when it comes to Natural water bodies there might be a risk of Man eaters in that kind of water and at the same time it can't be treated. But water in the swimming pool can easily be treated.
    1 point
  10. JoeMo

    The 144,000

    Wow! Good call! I agree 100%. The numbers in both Revelation and Daniel are literal. I would also propose that to 70th week (7 years) and most of the things we listed will take place in the near future. Tricky question. If you are asking if Christianity has replaced Israel as the seen of Abraham, definitely not. We are ADDED to the seed of Abraham, but we do not replace ethnic Israel. Read Romans 11, if you have not ever done so (you probably have). If you are asking if we are part of ethnic Israel, who knows? The Jews know they are; but there are 11 other tribes of Israel that are unaccounted for. God says He will include 12,000 from each tribe to make up the 144,000. outside of the 12,000 from the tribe oj Judah, the other 132,000 are currently unaccounted for. There are LOTS of discussions on this topic elsewhere in Adventistan. Just search for the topic and you will find enough to keep you busy for days!
    1 point
  11. Aliensanctuary

    Caution for this and any website.

    I really appreciate this community, and, the vigilance of the administrators to keep spammers out.
    1 point
  12. Gregory Matthews

    Caution for this and any website.

    Well, we live in a society where people love to litigate. As good Christians we have to adapt to that society. E.G. Under U.S. Federal law, every owner of a discussion type website must take certain steps to determine whether or not any people 13 years of age and under participate in that website. If such are participating, Federal law requires the compliance with certain safeguards. A failure to comply has consequences. Outside of legal requirements,, we as church members must consider ethical implications of certain issues. This may require us to take certain steps that may not be required by law. The law does not determine our ethics.
    1 point
  13. LifeHiscost

    Caution for this and any website.

    While it may be going overboard in personal efforts about safety, I no longer have a cellphone. First reason was savings but considering how many vultures there are out there now, I figured since I got by without one for 7 decades, I wouldn't go out of business if I didn't have one now. Making as intelligent decisions as we can after asking God to take care of us when we are unable to take care of ourselves, would seem to take care of any wolves that are trying to skin us alive. God is Love! Jesus saves!
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...