Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/04/2017 in all areas

  1. Gregory Matthews

    Can the Bible be Trusted?

    I trust the Bible more than I trust my understanding of the Bible.
    2 points
  2. antcreations

    ADRA's Intervention in the World's Largest Refugee Settlement

    Hello everyone, I would like to share with you all what ADRA is doing in the refugee settlements in Uganda. If you would like to help and donate, please contact your ADRA office in your countries. Also, you can help by sharing this video with your friends and networks. Thank you for your support. ADRA in West Nile from Charles Ed II Aguilar on Vimeo.
    2 points
  3. @antcreations you are blessing us all by making a significant difference for those who have no voice for themselves.
    2 points
  4. APL

    Another Female Ordained

    The Saviour's commission to the disciples includes all believers to the end of time. All to whom the heavenly inspiration has come are put in trust with the gospel. All who receive the life of Christ are ordained to work for the salvation of their fellow men. For this work the church was established, and all who take upon themselves its sacred vows are thereby pledged to be co-workers with Christ. {CT 466.2}
    2 points
  5. Gregory Matthews

    Another Female Ordained

    See: https://conversation.spectrummagazine.org/t/la-sierra-university-church-celebrates-ordination-of-beverly-maravilla/13743
    1 point
  6. Gregory Matthews

    VA Health Benefits

    As a former employee of the Department of Veterans' Affairs I have often stated that VA health care is excellent, but that it is Congress that has caused problems that has enacted laws that make if a very complex process for a veteran to obtain health care. The following adds another aspect to this issue: https://www.afge.org/article/afge-rallies-to-stop-delays-in-veteran-benefits-claims/?link_id=9&can_id=bb57a8d9fec03d0dcafdbb275dbd14e2&source=email-no-shutdown-for-now-2-2-2-2-2-2-2&email_referrer=no-shutdown-for-now-2-2-2-2-2-2-2&email_subject=budget-cuts-no-way
    1 point
  7. Excellent idea: Jermiya Mitchell, 17, a rising senior at Morgan Park High School on the South Side, said she has had few interactions with her guidance counselor. “We never had that conversation about life after high school,” she said. “I would like to have a counselor that really wanted to know what I wanted to do after high school and would help me get there.”
    1 point
  8. lazarus

    Racist leftists/socialists

    There are racists on left and right. Its as AMerican as apple pie.
    1 point
  9. CoAspen

    Socialized medicine at its finest

    laz, where you been! Missing your comments.
    1 point
  10. LifeHiscost

    Another Female Ordained

    Ever since Adam took the piece of fruit from Eve, woman have been playing a game of catch-up. God is Love!~Jesus saves!
    1 point
  11. Gregory Matthews

    Another Female Ordained

    As most here probably know, I support the ordination of females. I have also stated that in some of the previous cases the females ordained were only ordained a Local Elders and therefore were not in violation of policy. This case is to me a an ordination to that of SDA clergy and not that of a Local Elder. NOTE: I am not saying that this is in violation of policy. However, I do have some concerns about this ordination. The NAD has policy as to the educational requirements for ordination as clergy. Exceptions are made on an individual basis, and I do support that. But, it appears that Beverly does not meet those standard educational requirements. Under present SDA policy, she is likely to face limited employment opportunities as a SDA congregational pastor. The time may come when she may want to consider transitioning to a Federal Chaplaincy. She will be unable to do so, if I am correct as to her educational background. I can only hope that the SECC sponsors her to obtain the standard educational requirements, here in the U.S. for employment as clergy. I think that I will contact the SECC President with my thoughts on this.
    1 point
  12. Rahab

    The 144,000

    1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...