Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/23/2017 in all areas

  1. Gregory Matthews

    Ordering a Pizza in Today's World

    ORDERING A PIZZA IN TODAY'S WORLD Hello! Is this Gordon's Pizza? No sir, it's Google's Pizza. Did I dial the wrong number? No sir, Google bought the pizza store. Oh, alright - then I’d like to place an order please. Okay sir, do you want the usual? The usual? You know what my usual is? According to the caller ID, the last 15 times you’ve ordered a 12-slice with double-cheese and thick crust. Okay - that’s what I want this time too. May I suggest that this time you order an 8-slice with ricotta, arugula, and tomato instead? No, I hate vegetables. But your cholesterol is not good. How do you know? Through the subscribers guide. We have the results of your blood tests for the last 7 years. Maybe so, but I don’t want the pizza you suggest – I already take medicine for high cholesterol. But you haven’t taken the medicine regularly. 4 months ago you purchased from Drugsale Network a box of only 30 tablets. I bought more from another drugstore. It's not showing on your credit card sir. I paid in cash. But according to your bank statement you did not withdraw that much cash. I have another source of cash. This is not showing on your last tax form, unless you got it from an undeclared income source. I'm sick of Google, Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp. I'm going to an island without internet, where there’s no cellphone service, and no one to spy on me ... I understand sir, but you’ll need to renew your passport ... it expired 5 weeks ago . . .
    2 points
  2. B/W Photodude

    John Greenleaf Whittier

    I was reading through Thoughts From the Mount of Blessings when I came across this statement: "His glory is His children's good: His joy, His tender Fatherhood." (p.77) I noted that unlike much of the text around it, it had quote marks and I thought this came from another writer. Curiosity got the best of me and I set out to find where it came from. Really was a short search to find that it was written by John Greenleaf Whittier. (https://books.google.com/books?id=BUY_AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA281&lpg=PA281&dq=His+glory+is+His+children's+good:+His+joy,+His+tender+Fatherhood.&source=bl&ots=6RJXOOir69&sig=3szpZ3No2i-3H-V5wSliIJp2JqI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwib1KPDkKDVAhXFPD4KHV3hD9wQ6AEIOTAF#v=onepage&q=His glory is His children's good%3A His joy%2C His tender Fatherhood.&f=false) Songs of John Greenleaf Whittier are in the SDA Hymnal they are: 376 - All Things Are Thine 455 - Immortal Love, Forever Full 480 - Dear Lord and Father 481 - Dear Lord and Father Given that EGW had an interest in the abolition of slavery, it is also no surprise that she was acquainted with the writings of Whittier. For more about Whittier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Greenleaf_Whittier
    1 point
  3. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    SDA Bible Video Game

    See: https://atoday.org/innovators-can-a-video-game-help-meet-the-goals-of-jesus-great-commission/
    1 point
  5. Dr. Shane

    Is there lard in the beans?

    I don't think it is a small minority of members impacted by this. I remember when my kids came home from school one day (an Adventist school) with the bad news that we couldn't eat Jell-O anymore. That didn't bother them too much until the teacher at school told them no more Gummie-bears. In the Southwestern US, rice and beans are staples in the diet of much of the population and even moreso among Adventists. Over 50% of the restaurants use lard in their beans. That creates a real issue, especially for vegetarians. Meat eaters can simply eat chicken or beef and avoid the beans. For vegetarians, beans tends to be one of our major staples. So this is a real issue for people to understand. Many Adventists believe that eating pork is a sin just like it was during ancient Israel. That simply is not the case. During ancient Israel, eating pork made a person ceremonially unclean. Those laws were done away with. Pork is still unclean but our reason for avoiding it is not the same as it was for ancient Israel. We avoid it for health reasons not for ceremonial reasons. Our biggest concern regarding Gummie-bears should be the sugar content, not the collagen.
    1 point
  6. Dr. Shane

    Print Your Own Book!

    Is this a copy of a book a person writes themselves or a copy of a book that is out of print? Those that want to self-publish can use Amazon's CreateSpace. I have written several books that I give away to people I know or meet in a 12 Step Recovery program. They also become available on Amazon.com and the kindle. I can get them printed for me between $2 and $4 each plus postage depending on the size of the book.
    1 point
  7. Gregory Matthews

    Religion in the Military

    See: https://blogs.lcms.org/2017/religious-liberty-in-secularized-military NOTE: There are aspects in the above article with which I disagree. I post material because I think that what I post raises issues that are worthy of consideration and are well stated in the material that I post. Typically, I do not state whether or not I agree with the material. This case is complex, and not easily resolved as to what should be done. So, in this case I am simply stating that I have disagreement with some parts of the article. Read it and give it some thought. For an official 2014 U.S. Air force policy on this matter see: http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/554096/air-force-updates-af-instruction-1-1/
    1 point
  8. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  9. phkrause

    Joke of the Day

    Eyes joke Q: What did the left eye say to the right eye? A: "Between you and me, something smells!"
    1 point
  10. phkrause

    Joke of the Day

    Math Joke Q: Why did the math book look so sad? A: Because it had so many problems!
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...