Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/25/2017 in all areas

  1. JoeMo

    Trumps Proposed Budget

    Maybe I'm inferring incorrectly from this post; but IMHO there is a difference between "discrimination" and "resisting evil". If I refuse to allow a minority ethnic group or religious group to use a bathroom, elevator, or drinking fountain in my establishment, that's discrimination. If I refuse to allow my preteen daughter to shower or otherwise get naked in front of a boy who thinks he's a girl, that's my (and hopefully her) conscience speaking. If I support all minorities being forced to have sterility operations, that's discrimination. If I have a problem having my tax dollars pay for a "convenience" abortion for someone who can't otherwise afford it, that's my conscience. Just because someone refuses to do something for someone else, that doesn't make them a bigot.
    1 point
  2. aka

    Quotes

    1 point
  3. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  4. Ron Amnsn

    The 144,000

    It is often important to quote more than just one verse. In this case the "them" is a subset of the Israelites. When Moses and Aaron had listed the people at Sinai (Numbers 1), God had instructed them to not list the Levites. Eleazar the priest was a Levite, so he would not have been listed in the earlier census which contained the list of "them" from which all died except Caleb and Joshua. There were others besides the Levites who were not listed in the earlier census. From all the other tribes the males that were under 20 years of age were not listed in the census at Sinai. And probably none of the women were listed in the census at Sinai. Deuteronomy 2:14-17 also specifies that it was the men of war who died in the wilderness. Since Eleazar was a priest rather than a man of war, he was not included in those who died.
    1 point
  5. CoAspen

    Trumps Proposed Budget

    I agree with you....we should All, (jew, gentile, christian, atheist, muslim, etc, etc) be able to discriminate against anyone or anything and then just say "Thats my conscience (religious) belief". (we all know that is what Christ would do.....right?) (tic)
    1 point
  6. 8thdaypriest

    The 144,000

    I remember the LORD said to Abraham, "I will curse him who curses you." That would be turning the curse BACK on the one who spoke it. Does not the LORD often turn curses into blessings? Sarah's childlessness, for instance. Balaam meant to speak curses, but instead spoke blessings. Why cannot this same principle apply to those who meant to curse Christ?
    1 point
  7. JoeMo

    Trumps Proposed Budget

    As happy as I was after Trump's election, I'm starting to have second thoughts ...
    1 point
  8. Gregory Matthews

    Trumps Proposed Budget

    I am not saying that I agree with everything referenced above, I do not. My greatest concern is found in the Washington Post citation where it is stated that President Trump would like to eliminate the cost of living adjustment that federal retirees get today. I believe that acceptance of this provision will set the stage for future elimination of the cost of living adjustment that is currently found in Social Security and other such programs that so-many of our citizens depend upon. After all, how many of you would like to know that your Social Security payment is fixed for life at the time you began receiving it.
    1 point
  9. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  10. Rahab

    What Walter Veith Gets Right.

    Walter is excellent... I agree with about 95% of what he says... caution here to not follow any one man exclusively
    1 point
  11. Rahab

    Is there lard in the beans?

    eating right won't save you keeping the Sabbath won't save you doing good things won't save you...etc. etc. etc. Taking each individual point won't save you but think of it this way... it is the whole matter that counts. Not just being healthy, and having a healthy clear mind, and a worthy vessel for the Holy Spirit to dwell within. Not just the Sabbath but all the other commandments as well.. you break one, you break them all. Doing good works won't save you, but you won't make it unless you do good works. That means, with the right motive of the heart. Keep in mind, It is the WHOLE that matters... Jesus did it all. In every sense He fulfilled everything as a lesson to us all. We are now to prove to the world that we can also fulfill everything that He did because we can come in through Him. Every provision has been met on His part. Now it is up to us... lard? not for me thank you
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...