Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/26/2017 in all areas

  1. aka

    Generic Christianity

    Hey Bro.... you speak as I think. This is so true to me as well "To me, they appear to be nothing more than man-made constructs of what they think the Bible says. Bono once said that when the Holy Spirit leaves the church, all you have left is religion. IMHO, we are "saved" when we strive to have a relationship with Yahweh rather than with a denomination. Jesus gives us salvation - the church did not."
    1 point
  2. JoeMo

    The 144,000

    Brief posts are much easier to answer. Every once and a while, a long post is appropriate if you are passionate about something. In general (but not always), anything longer than one screen's worth is too long.
    1 point
  3. aka

    Do You Think Campmeetings are Outdated

    Here's a solution: You'll be the envy of the crowd at camp as they watch you whiz by with the greatest of ease from tent to tent and meeting to meeting.
    1 point
  4. Rahab

    Barabbas - There's Something About That Name

    point well made about Barrabas... seems like people are still choosing him today
    1 point
  5. Rahab

    The 144,000

    I was told my posts are too brief... I could do more but I'm hoping that people will take note and do the background work for themselves and of thine own self be approved. As for brevity? I think on forums it is important...speaking to everyone on this but there might be some cases where context is very important... I read in SOP that Jesus spoke simply as possible with not long sentences but they carried a punch like none other. He was brief and to the point. People understood Him clearly as His words searched the hearts. and Yes, Jesus is the Word!!
    1 point
  6. phkrause

    Quotes

    “When it is a question of God's almighty Spirit, never say, "I can't." ” - Oswald Chambers
    1 point
  7. JoeMo

    Trumps Proposed Budget

    Maybe I'm inferring incorrectly from this post; but IMHO there is a difference between "discrimination" and "resisting evil". If I refuse to allow a minority ethnic group or religious group to use a bathroom, elevator, or drinking fountain in my establishment, that's discrimination. If I refuse to allow my preteen daughter to shower or otherwise get naked in front of a boy who thinks he's a girl, that's my (and hopefully her) conscience speaking. If I support all minorities being forced to have sterility operations, that's discrimination. If I have a problem having my tax dollars pay for a "convenience" abortion for someone who can't otherwise afford it, that's my conscience. Just because someone refuses to do something for someone else, that doesn't make them a bigot.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...