Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/12/2017 in all areas

  1. aka

    North Korea behind its Bamboo Curtain

    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/20-interesting-facts-about-north-korea/83843944/ 20 facts not well known.......
    2 points
  2. Stan

    Kingdom of AdventiStan

    Stan at the end of name means Land of. India used to be hindustan.. land of hindus etc etc that is all it means, nothing more.
    1 point
  3. whbae

    North Korea behind its Bamboo Curtain

    You are right the grandmother of Kim Il Sung was a SDA. My mother told me this story. In fact, my mother also told me that her father brought the SDA gospel to Sun An, North Korea(now) from Japan. This is where the adventism spread throughout entire Korea. My grandfather invited missionaries to come to help get thing going after organizing a group of believers. There are a lot more stories to this and how the Korean believers behaved, but I won't go into it.
    1 point
  4. debbym

    The 144,000

    Everyone is God's by creation. not everyone of God's children are willing to be filled with faith and love to God. Every being and every thing in the universe came from God. He is deeply personally involved in every one in His creation. God does accept the decision of His creatures every one.
    1 point
  5. JoeMo

    The 144,000

    This is my current opinion. As I've said before, I don't think any of us know how prophecy will be fulfilled until it is fulfilling. We may know the big picture (like Jesus is coming again); but we don't know the details. Unfortunately, the devil is in the details (literally). So we must watch. We must keep our eyes and minds open to more than one possible scenario, otherwise we may be deceived by apparent fulfillment of our "pet" scenario, or miss the real deal because of how much we love our pet scenario. I could never say you guys are dead wrong; you ask good questions that I can't answer with any certainty; and you aren't giving me any reason to change or materially alter my current opinion. But I also do not dismiss yours. I will be filing them away as viable alternative scenarios.
    1 point
  6. Gregory Matthews

    North Korea behind its Bamboo Curtain

    One fact that is little known, outside of South Korea, is that the grandmother of Kim Il Sung was a devout Seventh-day Adventist! NOTE: Kim Il Sung is considered to be the founder of the modern North Korea. There is some awareness, outside of South Korea, that the Kim Il Sung had parents and grandparents who were devout Christians. However, that background was generally of the Presbyterian faith. One example of this may be accessed at: http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?num=7616&cataId=nk01300 There are other websites that are similar to the above. While the major Christian background of Kim Il Sung was Presbyterian, as I said, it is little known today, outside of South Korea, that one of his grandmothers was a devout SDA.
    1 point
  7. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  8. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  9. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  10. GayatfootofCross

    How much does the Age difference in a relationship matter to you.

    My partner is 10 years older and we have been together for over 28 years now. I look about 15 plus years younger than I am therefore people assume he is my dad over and over again!
    1 point
  11. Gregory Matthews

    Reflections

    Earlier today, my wife and I were out and about and stopped by the home where my oldest son lives with his mother. During that visit, the conversation turned to the issues with North Korea and I was asked as to why a proposed solution could not be done. My response was to the effect that there is no possible military solution that exists. Any such military solution would result in huge deaths and potentially lead to a war that involved other countries. After supper today, my wife asked me what I had been thinking about, as she noted that I had been deep in thought. I told her that she was correct. I had be reliving the time when I went with an Army unit into combat---my thinking as I prepared to go, the realization that I might not return, the preparation for taking care of my affairs (I was divorced at that time.) for an unknown length of time. In addition I had been thinking of some of my actual experiences. Having lived in Korea for a total of 35 months, I have a feeling for what is happening there. On one assignment, my unit had a DMZ mission. I have been at the border between North and South Korea. I have stepped across the line into North Korean territory under the watchful eyes of the North Korean soldiers. By the way, the Korean War has never formally ended. Formally a state of war exists between North and South Korea. I am well aquainted with the extent to which the people in South Korea live in constant preparation for an invasion from the North. We have it lucky here in the United States of America. I can only say: No informed military person advocates military action, of any type as a resolution of the issues that we face in Korea at the present. Any military action will result in a horrendous loss of life by many people. South Kore and Japan are under the gun as a minimum. Any solution must be found outside of military action. Let us hope that those with the power to make decisions on this matter will find ways to resolve the issues outside of military action.
    1 point
  12. LifeHiscost

    Trivia Quiz?

    Can't keep up.
    1 point
  13. My husband and I are 14 years apart. There is a generation gap but who cares? I am much happier with him than I ever was in my first marriage. Being the same age does not mean you will be compatible.
    1 point
  14. Jeannieb43

    My day job, English

    A very interesting publication, Stan! I love reading our Adventist news publications -- it's just like being a part of a huge fraternity, all around the world. There's usually always somebody mentioned who is either your friend, or a friend-of-a-friend. Thanks for this.
    1 point
  15. JoeMo

    The 144,000

    This line of thought has led to the longest lived, most universal, and most severe persecution of any ethnic group in history. for 2,000 years, Christians have justified persecuting those dirty Christ-killing Jews. The Jews did not kill Christ; He voluntarily laid down His life for all humanity. No matter what, the Jews and the rest of Israel will always be God's chosen people - not because that are good; but because He is good and honors His promises. Read Genesis 15. It is a one-sided unconditional covenant that God made with Abraham where God swears on His own life that Abraham's seed will be His people. There were absolutely no conditions put on Abraham. Read Romans 11for a warning to Christians who are smug enough to think they are superior to Israel. The Israelites have indeed suffered for breaking the Mosaic Covenant; they were cursed; but not abandoned. The makeup of the 144,000 attests to this - 12,000 from each tribe of Israel.
    1 point
  16. Gregory Matthews

    50 Years in a Wheelchair

    You will recognize her name immediately. She has spent the past 50 years in a wheelchair. The following tells how she reflects on the past 50 years and her understanding of where God was in all of this and when she expected that God would restore her to full health: http://www.christianitytoday.com/women/2017/july/joni-eareckson-tada-fifty-years-wheelchair-walk-jesus.html?utm_source=ctweekly-html&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_term=16245031&utm_content=527089595&utm_campaign=email
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...