Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/15/2017 in all areas

  1. JoeMo

    Why I quit tithing

    When "paying tithe", doe it only count if you pay it to the denomination (whether you are an SDA or not)? As an SDA, I rarely pay my tithe to the Conference. I DO pay my tithe to support the church and its ministry; I just don't put it under the entry of "Tithe" on the offering envelope. I support frontier missions, local outreach efforts, and missions to the poor and homeless. When Malachi 3:10 says "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house", I'm not of the opinion that the definition of "storehouse" is exclusively "the SDA Conference".
    2 points
  2. rudywoofs (Pam)

    awesome story ~

    1 point
  3. JoeMo

    The 144,000

    Jesus never railed against the Pharisees for being legalistic or being "Torah Thumpers"; He railed against them for being hypocrites (See Matt. 6 and 23). Outside of the disciples, it seems like Jesus hung out a lot with Pharisees. I would not be surprised if Jesus would have identified with the Pharisees in principle if He wasn't the Messiah.
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    bible protection

    Hebrew a dead language: At the time of the Dead Sea Scrolls, some were written in Hebrew. NOTE: The DSS date from prior to the time of Christ to after Christ.
    1 point
  5. phkrause

    Rivky’s Setting the Shabbat Table

    Little Rivky Speilman loved helping her mother. In particular, she loved to help set the Shabbat table. One Friday night, the guests came home from shul, and everyone sat down. Mrs. Speilman noticed something was missing. "Rivky," she said, "you didn't put a knife and fork at Uncle Morty’s place." "I thought he wouldn't need them," explained Rivky. "Abba says Uncle Morty always eats like a horse!"
    1 point
  6. Gregory Matthews

    A Word

    Answer: short
    1 point
  7. JoeMo

    The 144,000

    Maybe they didn't explicitly call themselves Christians, but their followers were labelled Christian in the apostolic era; so I infer that whether or not they called themselves Christian, at least Paul and Peter identified with Christians. " So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." (Acts 11:26) "However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name." (1 Peter 4:16)
    1 point
  8. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  9. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  10. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  11. Geoarrge

    bible protection

    The Bible doesn't say that the Canaanites were annihilated, though. Crowing that surviving Canaanite DNA disproves something that the Bible doesn't actually say, merely shows poor reading comprehension.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...