Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/17/2017 in all areas

  1. Bravus

    Where was the church ...

    'alt-right' has come to be shorthand for white supremacy - which is not 100% accurate, but that's what I was talking about. Pretty sure there are not black people in the white supremacist groups.
    3 points
  2. rudywoofs (Pam)

    Racist Graffiti on SDA Church

    sometimes I wonder how many of these incidents are done by true racists, and how many are done by people whose motive is just to "stir the pot" and cause uproar just for the heck of it....
    2 points
  3. phkrause

    Where was the church ...

    How do you know that they are leftists?? Did they say they were?? Just because people love those stupid labels, doesn't make them so-called leftists!!!!! How about those that kill doctors that do abortions?? Are they are rightists????? Not in my book!!!!! People are people period and they do things that are sinful, not because they are left or right. Everyone of us has a little of each of your so-called labels!!!!! If your in love with labels than according to your own meaning, which I'm getting from the way you post, the POTUS would be on the left and not on the right!!!!! According to the POTUS there were many good people on each side of the protesters!! How can that be?? Because according to Jesus, no one is good, but the Father!!!!! Besides how can a person that hates anyone be "good?" That goes for anyone on the so-called left or right!!!!!
    2 points
  4. rudywoofs (Pam)

    Where was the church ...

    ....when I select alt-R on my computer, I get the "registered trademark" symbol: ® .... "alt" means "old" in German.. "Old Right"... "Old-Rite".... there is a Russian Orthodox "Old-Rite" church, and their current bishop discharges his duties from the town of Braila in the Ukraine. Braila is on the Danube River. Now, the Danube Waltz was written by Johann Strauss, who was buried in Vienna, Austria. There is an Adventist school in Austria, Seminar Schloss Bogenhofen, near Braunau. Braunau is where Adolf Hitler was born. Hitler rose to power in 1933. Carol Burnett and Tim Conway were both born in 1933, and are comedians. One of the funniest comedians ever was Great Britain's Benny Hill. Benny Hill's theme song makes a California car chase take on a comedic tone. (see below) So who are the alt-Right? Darned if I know. Looks like it could refer to just about anyone, given the proper build-up....
    2 points
  5. CoAspen

    Where was the church ...

    I love labels! Have no clue who is included in or what it is...alt-right. Have a feeling that labels are designed just to confuse people and make it easy to point fingers!
    2 points
  6. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    2 points
  7. By Jason Hines, Ph.D., J.D. am slightly ashamed and embarrassed that it takes incidents like what happened in Charlottesville yesterday to drive me back into the writer’s chair. I guess the very thing I have criticized has affected me. It becomes monotonous to continue to write 500-1000 words about how everything is going on in our society today is […] The post At the Surface: The Dangers of False Equivalency about Charlottesville appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV - Celebrating Liberty of Conscience. View the full article
    1 point
  8. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  9. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  10. 8thdaypriest

    The 144,000

    So when God says directly in Jeremiah, that he will not reject Israel or Judah while day and night continue IMO, God has NOT rejected "Israel" or "Judah" - IF by "Israel" you MEAN those who believe in and seek to obey Yahweh, AND are led by His Spirit. The rulers who called for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, were ethnic Israelites. But - they were not "led by His Spirit". I have no problem with the "natural branches" - those raised as part of cultural, historic Israel - being closer to/ or more easily grafted in. They have a greater understanding of the history. They already keep more of the commandments. Their culture allows them to keep the commandments more easily (without pressure from their social support group) than those from Sunday keeping cultures, or non-religious cultural backgrounds, or even Muslim culture. On the other hand, their is massive cultural opposition against any Jew who comes to believe in Jesus Christ AS Messiah. Such belief separates them from their social support group. In my neck of the woods - small town East Texas - social support groups like family, friends, work associates, clubs, your kids sporting events, etc. etc. - are extremely important!! Some folks choose to keep their new faith/beliefs a secret, rather than risk loosing their friends and family, and place in Southern society. I personally know three women who have told me, "I'm with you Rachel. I agree, what you've said makes a lot more sense. I just can't get my family upset right now" (or ever). One told me she would remain a "closet conditionalist". I can agree. There IS a DIFFERENCE concerning the difficulty involved in coming to believe in Jesus Christ, in making the commitment to serve Christ, in bearing witness to your faith in Jesus Christ - as the Son of God, and the only way to God the Father. But the range of difficulty varies from individual to individual, and from culture to culture. Is it easier for a Jew to become part of a congregation praising Jesus as Messiah? Or is it easier for someone from a Sunday keeping church, whose entire extended family attends that church, to suddenly decide that the 7th Day Sabbath IS part of the New Covenant? Seems to me, both individuals face great difficulty.
    1 point
  11. JoeMo

    Where was the church ...

    C'mon, Bravus! You shouldn't label all alt-right people as murderous haters any more than you can label all Muslims as such. There are African Americans among the alt-right movement; just like there are Caucasians in the "Black Lives Matter" movement. Alt-Right is not ruled exclusively by the KKK and other white supremacists any more than Islam is ruled exclusively by ISIS and the Taliban.
    1 point
  12. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  13. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  14. Bravus

    Where was the church ...

    The alt-right want to kill black people. The 'alt-left' want universal health care. False equivalence is false.
    1 point
  15. Gregory Matthews

    Where was the church ...

    I have deleted a post. It is acceptable for one to disagree with a post. It may (?) be acceptable for one to speculate on psychological issues related to a newsworthy person or event. It may (?) be acceptable for one to tell another how they present themselves. However, there are some statements, when directed to another of our members, that should be said in a private conversation. I personally believe that the post I deleted was of that type. I believe that it crossed a line. I acknowledge that the line between what is acceptable and what is not, is not always clear. I acknowledge that we may not always agree as to where that line should be drawn. Well, I felt it should not be in public view, so I deleted it. It is now gone.
    1 point
  16. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...