Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/19/2017 in all areas
-
Kingdom of AdventiStan
aka and 2 others reacted to Margie for a topic
I admit I was kinda a troll cause who truly cares besides God what one little person somewhere in the world thinks? After months of seeing the name change, the capitalized S kept on popping out with every email I received and pushing my buttons. But I am impressed with the direct nature of those who responded, the resulting parley with words. I do appreciate Stan being willing to uncapitalize the S and I think the name looks better that way. Thank you Stan. Now with a better understanding of the nature of this forum and why the name changed I think I'll be visiting a little more. The idea that I can post in a place where readers will understand the Adventist concepts I present appeals to me, and I like a casual/informal environment. It's too bad though that Google won't cough up the money earned through the Club Adventist ads. God is good. He will open doors when the timing is right and we faithfully ask. Margie3 points -
Division in american turning americans against each other
aka and one other reacted to CyberGuy for a topic
Division in american turning americans against each other At Election night I was watching the news resigned to the fact that Hilliary Clinton would win. But as the night progressed it became clear that Trump would win the electorial college but lose the popular vote thereby winning the election. The liberals in America was in shock. This divided America. People rioted in Portland and smashed windows. Antifa protesters attacked pro trump supporters and threw rocks and used bats to break windows and vandalize police cars. Even my fellow worker at work openly called those who voted for Trump as Facists on his facebook page. I was angry and retorted that the rioters in Portland smashing windows and attacking police were doing exactly what Hilters brown shirts had done in 1936. “Who are the facists now” I asked. This person blocked me from his facebook page. I was starting to get approval and likes for my post and he blocked me to silence me. The press reports that marriages have been broken and couples have broken up over disagreements on the election of Trump. Our church is not immune. Recently I was blocked from another church higher ups when I openly disagreed with him on his facebook page when he advocated the removal confederate monuments. My point is if we start doing this then what is next. George Washington and Jefferson or Stone Mountain or even the Gettysberg confederate monuments. Then do we ban the song Dixie for being a confederate song. This person banned me from his facebook when he had enough of my insistent disagreement and over powering logic. Like it or not this is our history. We start smashing our monuments we are no better than Issis who is blowing up old historical buildings to obliterate their past. Rather than refute my quotes and my quoting news sources that was using logic to refute his stand he just blocked me. Already Lincoln monuments in Chicago and Washington DC have been vandalized as Vandals seem to not realize who were the good guys in the civil war but painted all with the paint brush for destruction. A survey once pointed out that 45 percent of Adventists are democrat 40 percent republican and 15 percent independent. The divide is just about down the middle even in our own Church. Recently CNN posted over 900 hate groups and where they work. One groups is a christain pro life group who is now on CNN Hate group because they are against abortion. Last time CNN did this this group and a person come in and shoot some of their employees because CNN had labeled them a hate group. Hate begats Hate. Violence Begats Violence. When we stop listening to each other and stop debating each other and resort to labeling the other side. BIGOTS and FACISTS and Nazis and Liberal Idiots the other side will resort to stronger and stronger words and actions until violence and bloodshed seems to be the only answer to the far left and far right. I fear our country is headed into a civil war. Already Gun sales are sky rocketing as americans arm themselves preparing for the violence that is sure to come. If we cannot even be civil on politics even in our own church how can we be civil among our fellow americans.2 points -
End of The One Project
JoeMo and one other reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
What Jo Mo quoted above was taken from an official statement from the founders of The One Project. It is true that The One Project is closing up shop. Following the Gathering in San Diego, it will be no more. However, it is planning to restructure. The founders of The One Project plan to raise from the ashes of The One Project something not only new, but something that will go in a different direction, while being a vital part of the SDA denomination in both mission and in ministry. This is at such an early stage of development that it would be pre-mature for any one to attempt to tell us about that reorganization. So, any attempts to do so will probably be false. The only thing that I will say is this: If you have any interest as to how this new development might be integrated into the mission and ministry of the SDA Church, keep the dates of October 19 - 23 open.2 points -
Days of Praise
phkrause reacted to phkrause for a topic
August 19, 2017 Unanswered Prayer “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12) There are many wonderful promises of answered prayer in the Bible, some of which seem both unlimited and unconditional. On the other hand, there are also many warnings of unanswered prayer. This seeming anomaly merely cautions us again that every Scripture must be interpreted in context—both the immediate context and the broader context of all the Scriptures. For example, Jesus said, “If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” But in the same upper-room discourse, He also said, “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” (John 14:14; 15:7). This is a very significant condition, attached to what—out of context—might have seemed an unconditional promise. Our text indicates that overt sin in one’s life will certainly hinder God in answering our prayers. So will selfish praying: “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts” (James 4:3). And so will unbelief: “When ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them” (Mark 11:24). Poor home relations also could be a factor. “Husbands . . . [give] honour unto the wife . . . that your prayers be not hindered” (1 Peter 3:7). Even when we are confident that we are fully right with God, the desired answer must still be in His will. “If we ask any thing according to his will . . . we have the petitions that we desired of him” (1 John 5:14-15). Finally, there is the question of timing. “Men ought always to pray, and not to faint” (Luke 18:1). Therefore, the believing prayer of a man righteous before God surely will be answered in God’s time and way. HMM1 point -
1 point
-
Kingdom of AdventiStan
phkrause reacted to Stan for a topic
My email just came in with a capital S in Stan I will check out why after I get home. Please be patient with me. Also please let me know if any one gets one with a small s. Thanks1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
phkrause reacted to Stan for a topic
No yours is highly valued. We get that a every month and it is needed.1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
debbym reacted to 8thdaypriest for a topic
Stan, are you saying that the monthly amount I set up through paypal to ClubAdventist is no longer being paid to you? Do I need to go to paypal again to set up a payment to Adventistan? I truly appreciate this forum. My views agree with SDAdventism in many ways, but differ from Adventism in some important things. The moderators have never suggested I leave because of my honestly held views. And you Stan have defended me when a few participants got personally abusive during discussions. Thank you. Discussions here with serious Bible students have given me many good insights. And the forum allows folks to challenge my views. I need that.1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
LifeHiscost reacted to Margie for a topic
With what has been happening via social media over the last few months and through personal interactions over the last few years I kinda see where you're coming from. Communication is an art all of us try our hand in one way or other. To some it comes naturally and to others it doesn't, but to survive we must dabble. Ultimately all communication requires a tango of sorts between the speaker and listeners. Personally I like friendly engagements but I also like being direct. I understand that not everyone likes that too. It's rather cool when an expressed thought is discussed by a group, with the possibility of a change happening. So was I being PC or was I not?1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
phkrause reacted to Stan for a topic
If I have done everything correct, the emails etc. should just be Adventistan.1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
phkrause reacted to Stan for a topic
The domain was used for a semi-satire site for a few years. Very inactive. I made a joke about people could by citizenship in the Kingdom for $1 each, Limit would be 144,000. A total of 3-4 were purchased. After visa transations fees and other visa charges I cleared about 50 cents each. It was more about fun.1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
phkrause reacted to JoeMo for a topic
Folks are free to think whatever they want; and stay here on Adventistan or not. I find this site and the people I have met here to be delightful (for the most part) to the point that this is my cyber-church. I spend more time here than I do at my home "bricks and mortar church. I am glad to financially support this site. I'm thankful to Stan for his administration. This site beats the heck out of Face-Book and Twitter!1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Ultimately, Stan has been personally responsible for the costs of running this forum. That is why you see him begging for funds (as he calls it), which he hates to do. Over the years, the funds that have come in from the members, I do not believe, have paid for the costs of its operation. Yes, when push comes to shove, Stan is the final decision making authority. That is why I, and others, may tell people who complain to us to take it up with Stan. However, It should be said that Stan listens to the members of this forum, the other 2 Administrators, and the Moderators. From that perspective, I believe that some of the decisions that are made are not the decision that Stan would have personally chosen. IOW, Stan does support the people who come here. No, I do not believe that either the Canadian Union Conference, nor any other such organization, financially supports this forum Folks, the bottom line is: The ongoing operational expenses of this forum need your financial support.1 point -
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
1 point
-
Graphic Quotes
LifeHiscost reacted to JoeMo for a topic
I posted it twice because I thought it was worth saying twice. Not really. I couldn't make the second picture go away; so being the lazy guy I am. I just posted it.1 point -
1 point