Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/06/2017 in all areas
-
Amish SDAs
LifeHiscost and one other reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
See: http://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story5406-we-are-amish-and-we-are-seventh-day-adventists2 points -
The 144,000
LifeHiscost reacted to 8thdaypriest for a topic
How about the complete destruction of Jerusalem, the Temple, and scattering of Israel to the 4 winds? Would THAT "illustrate" a "termination" of anything? The complete scattering of the 10 Tribes resulted from the LORD's divorcing them, and removing His special protection from them. If the LORD wanted us to go up to Jerusalem for the Feasts and to offer animal sacrifices there, through an Aaronic priesthood, you would think that He would have restored the Temple and restored that priesthood. So far - for almost 2000 years - it has NOT BEEN POSSIBLE. That suggests - to me anyway - that those things are NOT ESSENTIAL to a relationship with God our Father, and Yeshua His Son.1 point -
Follow me as I follow Jesus – a disciple making approach to the marriage equality/same sex marriage plebiscite, homosexuality and church vs state
LifeHiscost reacted to Gail for a topic
Important point to remember! Like the Samaritan woman at the well, our task is to tell others, "Come see a man..." God has given us the Holy Spirit to teach us... all truth.1 point -
1 point
-
1 point
-
The 144,000
8thdaypriest reacted to Rahab for a topic
new covenant: in addition to what has been stated in Jer 31:33 Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. Isa 42:2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. Isa 42:3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. Isa 42:4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. Isa 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; this is such great news...where the old covenant failed as the people failed, this new covenant will not fail because it was Jesus given for a covenant!!!1 point -
Where was the church ...
JoeMo reacted to Gary K for a topic
JoeMo, No. I'm not God. And I'm glad I'm not. I too am weak. Very weak. I spent decades in destroying myself and my own moral character. That has left me weak. It has left me so weak that I know without a doubt that my only hope is to trust in God's promises. And God does keep His promises. He never fails. It is by HIS power that I left drugs, alcohol, etc... behind. It's by HIS power that I left addiction behind. If it was only up to me I would still be getting high daily, or more likely, dead already. God is much, much greater than sin. He has the ability to take the very weakest of us and make Elijahs and Daniels out of us. I have found over the years that it is only my lack of faith that ever leaves me weak. It's when I don't trust God that I fail and fall. It's when I trust to myself, and to my power, that I do fall and fail. You want to stop whatever it is that is your besetting sin? Turn it over to God. Find the promises of God in the Bible that mean the most to you and claim them. And keep on claiming them. Tell God just how weak you are. Then every time the temptation comes turn first to God. Tell him you're about to tall, but that you don't want to. And then just trust Him. Hang on even though it seems impossible to you, and God will accomplish the impossible in you. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Do I condemn you? Not in the least. I know the power of sin. I've personally experienced it. I know by experience how seductive, how powerful, it is. But I have also experienced the power of God. And God is as much greater than sin as He is as much greater than you and I. We only fail because we fail to trust. That's the voice of experience, not of condemnation.1 point -
1 point
-
1 point
-
God & Guns
phkrause reacted to bonnie for a topic
I agree it is twisted but I didn't twist it. Given a chance to stop a wacko from killing family,you say that violence should not be used.In your own case it is undue violence.If that is the only option and family members die when you could have done something and didn't,you have stated that God allows this for a higher purpose or because of their unbelief. The religious persecutions that have taken place where it is denounce God or die,yes there is a higher purpose. I don't believe that God decided one day that the death of my sisters would serve a higher purpose so he stepped back and hands off. Nor do I believe that they were killed because of unbelief. I do believe that what my parents did with that and tried to instill in my brothers and I was because of their faith.I don't believe God decided to test them and see how they would handle it for a higher purpose1 point -
God & Guns
phkrause reacted to M. T. Cross for a topic
No I don't think he is. But if there is a God in control like Christians believe, I think that he expects us to be responsible for our own situations. The whole "Well its Gods will" is the ultimate escape from having any accountability.1 point -
God & Guns
phkrause reacted to Robert for a topic
You act as if the Bible is stating to defend yourself. Read the rest: verse 22: But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him (a strong, armed man), he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up the spoils. In other words someone is always going to outdo you. You might have big guns, but the guy wanting your stuff might have bigger guns. You have to sleep at some point. So again, if you live by the gun, you die by the gun.1 point -
God & Guns
phkrause reacted to Robert for a topic
Let's say I am the gunman. I've got my gun pointed at you demanding your money. What you going to do - draw? No, you are going to soil your pants. The guy who is out to do wrong has the advantage. In fact if you have a gun, and I'm out to get your money, I'll shoot you then take your money. Gibs, you live in a world of false security. Your guns do not make you safe. If someone wants you dead they will succeed, unless God has other plans. For me I let God handle my safety. When my time comes it comes....Even Christ couldn't be touched because "His time had not yet come".1 point -
God & Guns
phkrause reacted to CoAspen for a topic
There is nothing remotely logical in your statement and has been proven wrong. Are you blind that you can not read the stats Robert reported? Is not GB a free country? Turn on the brain power and think!! Quote: When guns are taken from the law abiding citizens then only the outlaws will have guns. Now in this country gangs come across the border with more firepower that the sheriff and police of towns and counties. An outlaw is illegal anyway so he chosses a machine gun to shoot em down before they can shoot him. An armed lawful citizery is a deterent against crime.1 point -
God & Guns
phkrause reacted to Robert for a topic
There's a call, especially with conservatives, for less government and more individual gun ownership. The last time that there was less government and lots of guns was during "the wild west". In a nutshell "the wild west" was lawlessness - each man doing what was right in his own eyes. You would think that because of the wide spread use of guns that there would have been less bloodshed, but there was more. So it is not true that more gun ownership equals less violence. Here's a bit of data: Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2010: 8,775 Number of Murders by firearms, Britain, 2011: 58 (equivalent to 290 US murders since Britain's population is 1/5 ours)1 point -
God & Guns
phkrause reacted to Gibs for a topic
Cars kill more innocent people than guns, outlaw them too huh? I'll just ride my bike and the outlaw can't get away so fast either if you have all them cars crushed up in bales. Then if outlaw comes on his bike, just ice pick hole in his tires! LOL!0 points