Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/08/2017 in all areas

  1. B/W Photodude

    SDAs and FGM

    I am aware that I am not "prohibited from doing anything here (actually that is not true!), but you did try and challenge me for extending the scope of the discussion. When I asked specifically where church leadership had ever spoken out against MGM I get called argumentative. I understand ideas may be questioned, but that is life when you take a position that may be unpopular, as sad as it is when you have to oppose people who support injurious procedures on newborns. What a way to be welcomed into the world. "Here little boy, you aren't perfect enough, let us fix you right up." Alleging wrong doings is not what is being done. What is being done is bringing up the unfairness of protecting one group (girls) against an injurious procedure and even symbolic non-injurious rituals and not bothering to say any thing at all about a different group (boys). I would like to see the discussion to extend to all children. No child should be subjected to an invasion of their person and altered to satisfy someone else's ideas of health, religion, aesthetics, or anything else. You might think I am overly obsessed with the topic, but I am not the one trying to cut babies or supporting the concept. Put down the knives and step away from the baby! As far as blending church and the issue, it may be well to consider that it is generally believed within the intactivist movement that John Harvey Kellogg was the "inspiration" behind the American adoption of the practice of circumcision. And maybe you are even aware he advocated that little girls have acid poured over their genitals. This was all in an effort to stop little kids from touching themselves too much. And for boys, ever since, circumcision has remained one surgical procedure looking for a problem to cure. From masturbation, to preventing HIV, cleanliness, and a host of other things, people keep trying to justify this abuse of baby boys. (Fortunately, the intactivists have not drawn the connecting dots from JHKellogg to the SDA church.) It used to be in this country that up until the later part of the twentieth century, parents could take their little girls to a doctor and get them surgically altered. Then they made it a federal crime in the 1990s punishable by 5 years in a federal penitentiary. Guess who got left out on that law. Hence the saying "Cut a girl, go to jail. Cut a boy, cash a check!" However, if you are happy being circumcised and you know it, clap your hands. It is just you should expect guys to have the courage and testicular fortitude to do it as an adult and not force it on all babies so you won't have to remember yours. I don't really wish to continue this, but everyone keeps on and on about the "there is neither greek nor jew and we are all....". Well, let us be also as kind and gentle to baby boys as we keep advocating for baby girls.
    2 points
  2. B/W Photodude

    SDAs and FGM

    That's what I'm talking' about!
    2 points
  3. Outta Here

    SDAs and FGM

    I hope the church will take a stand against genital mutilation of ALL children. It's high time the archaic practice be stopped.
    2 points
  4. B/W Photodude

    SDAs and FGM

    Was a bit surprised at the tone of these comments. First I am not allowed to mix two issues (it isn't two issues, it is one issue, that being the genital mutilation of children). So, I asked where has anyone in church government ever brought up the subject of ending the genital mutilation of children and and get accused of being argumentative and not proving anything. There is a wide segment of men today who deeply resent the action carried out on their bodies when they were helpless and unable to defend themselves. I consider it to be an atrocity of equal proportions to female genital mutilation. I know a lot of men who find themselves to be in the position of being mutilated have a hard time dealing with it and as a result have to defend it to prove that nothing wrong was done to them. But the reality is, all the excuses used to defend and promote cutting of baby boys are the same ones used in other countries to cut little girls. I will not go into those reasons, but they are just as "valid" either way. We should not be trashing people for cutting girls when we allow the cutting of boys. https://www.facebook.com/WHOLECHRISTIAN The original linked article was taken down for further editing and will probably resurface at some time.
    2 points
  5. phkrause

    Do Black Lives Really Matter?

    Great article! Sadly this has been going on well back to my days in public school! And I've also heard this going on in our schools as well! From my experience, when I was in school, not only did this happen to black kids, but also to white kids from there own peers!! Probably not as chronic as it is today. Very sad what we do to each other. From my perspective, this problem starts at home!! Not always but most of the time.
    1 point
  6. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  7. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  8. phkrause

    Only Child Syndrome

    Thank G-d!
    1 point
  9. Gail

    Little Richard Interview3ABN

    Well, how about that!
    1 point
  10. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  11. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  12. GayatfootofCross

    SDAs and FGM

    Well Male circumcision would be a fascinating thread on its own .. riiiight? I wouldn't know where to stop. We can take polls and everything! But this thread looks at the deep issues of how women are treated even since birth in so many cultures reduced to what they deem as less thans. God gave the equipment but out of superstition and fear and ego we say .. "Woman are not good enough as they are." Jesus went out of the way to show the opposite and when will the Church reflect that? BTW I read it before it disappeared ! Jesus Christ
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...