Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/20/2017 in all areas
-
3 points
-
No evil in heaven
JoeMo and 2 others reacted to 8thdaypriest for a topic
I don't believe it will take a thousand years to explain to me why certain of my family members are "not there". I'm not THAT slow. I want to hear all about the original rebellion, and stories from all the patriarchs, and study science and mathamatics, and meet some people from other dimensions, and tour the gardens of Heaven. Wow!! I can think of sooooo many things I would rather do then hear about other people's sins.3 points -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
Margie and 2 others reacted to rudywoofs (Pam) for a topic
there are many generic Christian forums .... if I was a non-SDA Christian looking to find a forum in which to participate, and joined this forum without any indication that it was geared towards Adventism, and subsequently found out, it would make me think there was a hidden agenda. I don't think there's anything wrong with putting "SDA" or "Adventist" in the name of the forum. It's like Catholic fora or Baptist fora. If I was interested in discussing things with folks who subscribe to those beliefs, it'd be kinda nice to know in advance that I've found the correct place...3 points -
No evil in heaven
8thdaypriest and one other reacted to phkrause for a topic
If you actually added this You'd see that I also said similar to your post!! I didn't say that it would take 1000 years to do the first past of my statement. I agree that exploring the other worlds of the universe will be awesome, and seeking out all those that lived during the writing of the Bible will be something that happens during our 1000 years!!2 points -
No evil in heaven
CoAspen and one other reacted to Kevin H for a topic
If I understood my professors correctly this word for thousand years means as long as necessary to fully understand a topic. One of two extremes of teaching. Sometimes teachers were asked to give an answer standing on one foot, which meant a quick summery. On the other end were thousand year answers which meant taking all the time necessary for the students to fully understand and master the topic. Of course the word thousand has been an interesting world. It originally meant a core family group or a military unit trained to work together as a unit. It usually consisted of a group of approximately 10 individuals. We need to remember this when reading the count in Numbers and the battles in judges. (for example in Gideon, he did not have one intact fighting group. Yes he had 300 individuals but not one complete team where all the jobs were divided and where they knew how to fight as a team). But they could kill only a couple hundred people which caused the enemy to loose several thousand. The two armies were approximately the same size, but one had the state of the arms weapons and were trained to fight as set teams where everyone knew their job and how it works with other jobs.The other side was individuals mixing with other individuals and too many people trained for one job and not enough for the other, and having few if any weapons beyond sticks and stones. So with the thousand years in heaven, It is however long it takes us to understand and have our questions answered, as well as for Satan and the demons to realize what they did. If we are in heaven for 750 years and all our questions have been answered Jesus will not have us twiddle our thumbs for 250 years. On the other and if we have been there for 999 years and it's New Years eve for the thousandth year and we are still asking questions Jesus is not going to look at the clock and say "We're running out of time, I'm sorry we can only have time to answer three more questions: You, you and you then I'm sorry no one else. " (by the way, there are problems with the 6,000 years) God is not sitting around with some divine clock controlling him.2 points -
OK, someone else do this, and show, please :)
GayatfootofCross reacted to Gail for a topic
LOL Left-handed people are so clever!1 point -
OK, someone else do this, and show, please :)
GayatfootofCross reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Shaking my head. Totally unexpected.1 point -
1 point
-
Rosh Hashanah
8thdaypriest reacted to phkrause for a topic
How Is Rosh Hashanah Celebrated? Rosh Hashanah is a Jewish holiday marking the first and second days of the Jewish year. (In 2017, Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown on September 20 and continues through nightfall on September 22). It’s the day G‑d created Adam and Eve, and it’s celebrated as the head of the Jewish year. http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/4830/jewish/How-Is-Rosh-Hashanah-Celebrated.htm#utm1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
Margie reacted to JoeMo for a topic
I hope this question doesn't offend anyone. Why do we have to tie the name to Adventism? The name "Adventist" will automatically make many people infer that it is a site exclusively for SDA's. I realize that I am not the boss of anything here in Adventistan; but I am certainly interested in attracting a larger audience than Adventists. There is enough of a core of Adventists here to keep the subject matter under control. Just my opinion. If the majority here want to keep the site mainly for Adventists, I'm okay with that, too. I'm staying regardless. I like it here.1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
phkrause reacted to Margie for a topic
Frankly I think Stan gave effective responses to my questions and he did remove the capital S. I think all that's left is actually recommending a distinct and marketable name. Maybe there's a way to do a forum-wide poll with multiple choices. I do think that the Adventist name was the main draw for the name ClubAdventist and keeping that aspect will continue to attract people to this forum. AdventistHangout AdventistRoots Bistro Adventist I'm sure others would have better ideas than mine. Lets add more to the list and then figure out a good way to get community input.1 point -
No evil in heaven
Kevin H reacted to phkrause for a topic
That's not my understanding and as far as I recall, have never been taught this. From what I've been taught, is that the 1000 years is for us to get answers as to why family members, friends, etc., are not there!! Also to be able to seek out those we've read about in the Bible, and of course talk to Jesus, and ask those questions that have bothered us for so long.1 point -
No evil in heaven
8thdaypriest reacted to Kevin H for a topic
Sometimes we can be surprised by each other. In studying the ancient cycles (see for example "Before Philosophy" 1946 university of Chicago press) the ancient world saw things overlapping. We think in terms of time lines. We are here and therefore not there. It is now so it is not then. But to the ancients it can be now and then, here and there at the same time. This is what the day-year principle stands on and the Investigative Judgment. The Hebrews came to the reed sea it parted they made it through safely. They were both escaping from Egypt, yet also at the end of the world where evil destroys itself. When we are baptized we are in the baptismal tank or other body of water, but also with pagans who had their understanding of a god of life getting the victory over the sea monster. We are with the children of Israel crossing the red sea, and the Jordan river, we are with John the Baptist on the Jordan, especially on that special day of atonement when he beheld the lamb of God who scapegoats the sins of the world. i The Hebrews came to the promised land. The spies gave their report. Two supported the crossing over but the people decided not to cross over. They went into the wilderness for time to cycle around again to were they are right back where they started, spies giving their report but this time around they people decide to cross over. They cross the waters of destruction again, but also are being baptized in the Jordan with Jesus. Sanctuaries and temples were on the sacred mountain. They were full of plants and trees and designs of beautiful plants trees and animals and colors. When you were in the sanctuary you were also in Eden and you are learning about God as Adam and Eve were, and you were in Eden restored. Back in the Desmond Ford issue some of our scholars looked at Bible texts to see if they were talking about the earthly or heavenly sanctuary/temple. There were a couple where they could say was one or the other, but the majority of texts they simply did not know. That is because to the ancient mind they believed that if you were in one you were in the other.1 point -
No evil in heaven
8thdaypriest reacted to B/W Photodude for a topic
The Sanctuary message is a very important message and is an important part of SDA beliefs. One verse from Daniel regarding the cleansing of the sanctuary is one that has very much been "owned" by the SDA church while at the same time being very much ignored by all other Christian faiths. Yet we hear very little about the Sanctuary or of the message of the Sanctuary. You can ask around to all of your acquaintances and ask when the last time they heard a sermon on the Sanctuary at church. Most, I have not come across any, will not remember having heard a sermon regarding the Sanctuary. Most contemporary discussion regarding it draws a line after the alter in the outer courtyard and little in Christianity today has much to say about what happens in the Tabernacle. Regarding the Sanctuary in Heaven, there is no building there known as the Sanctuary!1 point -
No evil in heaven
8thdaypriest reacted to Gail for a topic
Who's equating? The verses she quoted states, "a copy," or, "a representation." In Moses day it was a "pattern". But that is besides the point. This topic is about how it could be that sin (affliction) will not rise the second time.1 point