Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/01/2017 in all areas
-
Monty Hall
phkrause reacted to dgrimm60 for a topic
LIFEHISCOST I am sure he will be missed by family and friends an d fans dgrimm601 point -
I Grieve for My Chruch
debbym reacted to phkrause for a topic
Exactly, it seems to me that labeling is just another form of name calling!!1 point -
I Grieve for My Chruch
debbym reacted to rudywoofs (Pam) for a topic
I didn't like it. It came across to me as a passive aggressive stance against Church administration, its teachings, and its members with whom they don't agree. The fact that the author has tried to shroud her stance with pious-sounding "laments" to God makes me want to gag.1 point -
Sex Offender at SDA School
Gregory Matthews reacted to debbym for a topic
this guy was not in a public restroom. this guy was identified as an apparent male and devious predator, to be entering a girls restroom in a private Christian school ... nothing here correlates to transgender use of a public restroom for left or right, or for humor. so thankful he was corralled and quickly, i hope.1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
JoeMo reacted to aka for a topic
Oh dear G.News. Please don't hang around here with so high a level of expectation. Finding happiness here is a tad off field with throwing the ball of hope. However I agree with you that happiness is to be found when the Gospel is personally experienced. Albeit, this group of fellowship does have a great variety of members with heavy bags of burdens in their life's destiny. But many are experiencing happy contented lives if they would only testify to such in a topic thread or in the Status Update page.1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
Margie reacted to rudywoofs (Pam) for a topic
there are many generic Christian forums .... if I was a non-SDA Christian looking to find a forum in which to participate, and joined this forum without any indication that it was geared towards Adventism, and subsequently found out, it would make me think there was a hidden agenda. I don't think there's anything wrong with putting "SDA" or "Adventist" in the name of the forum. It's like Catholic fora or Baptist fora. If I was interested in discussing things with folks who subscribe to those beliefs, it'd be kinda nice to know in advance that I've found the correct place...1 point -
Kingdom of AdventiStan
Margie reacted to JoeMo for a topic
I hope this question doesn't offend anyone. Why do we have to tie the name to Adventism? The name "Adventist" will automatically make many people infer that it is a site exclusively for SDA's. I realize that I am not the boss of anything here in Adventistan; but I am certainly interested in attracting a larger audience than Adventists. There is enough of a core of Adventists here to keep the subject matter under control. Just my opinion. If the majority here want to keep the site mainly for Adventists, I'm okay with that, too. I'm staying regardless. I like it here.1 point -
What makes God real to you?
Margie reacted to joeb for a topic
I've experienced God in my life since my childhood. He's saved my life several times through direct intervention. In the last couple of months God has performed two miracles at my request. Both involve the health of my dog. The first time I had taken my dog to the vet to get his teeth cleaned (small dogs have major problems with their teeth). The vet has to put him to sleep so I have them run blood tests on his kidneys to see if they will take the strain. The test came back that his kidneys were failing and he didn't have long to live. I took my pup home and started praying about it asking God to spare his life because of what he means to me. I took him back to the vet two weeks later and had his kidneys retested. The test came back normal. The second thing involved an injury. I take him up into a wildlife refuge and let him run on a back road where there isn't any traffic. He was stopped messing around out of sight at the right front corner of the car. This road is a two-track road. The right tires in one track the left tires in the other. Grass grows up on each side of tracks and in the middle. I could see the grass moving off to the right side of the track and assumed that's where my dog was. I started the car rolling forward very slowly and suddenly there was a yip from my dog. I got out to see what happened and he was standing in front of the car on three legs. He was holding his right hind leg off the ground. I picked him up and put him in the car with me and started driving forward to a place where I could turn around and my dog was whining to get let out so I figured nothing much was wrong. I opened the door and he got out and trotted on ahead of the car. However, every once in a while he would stop using his right hind leg and let out a little yip of pain. So, I picked him up and put him back in the car and closely examined his leg and paw. I couldn't find anything wrong.. He usually jumps up into my lap when I'm sitting in the house but now he was unwilling to try to jump. I figured something had just gotten wreched(sprained) a little and he'd get over it in a day or two. However, two days later he was worse and unable to use his leg at all, and his tail, which he normally carries curled up over his back was trailing on the ground at all times. So, I got worried and did a physical examination of him. Running my fingers down each side of his spine I found a spot just in front of his hips in which his spine wasn't even close to straight. It was at least a 1/4" out of alignment. Oh, and he was carrying his hips so that they were tucked up underneath him, not his normal way of carrying them. I tried to gently turn his hips back to there normal position and I got bitten before I even knew what happened. It was before my dog knew what happened too because he acted so sheepish afterward that I knew it wasn't something he thought about doing. It just hurt him so bad when I gently tried to straighten his hips that he bit me by reflex. I got really worried now because of that abnomality in his spine. I started praying once again and asking God to heal him. I told God I'd pay for a vet bill if I could but that He knew I didn't have money for surgery. I told Him it was my fault my dog had gotten hurt. I just hadn't been careful enough and I just couldn't stand to see him crippled up because of that. I asked God to please heal him because being a God of love it was unlike Him to see my dog have to suffer for my carelessness. I reminded God that He could heal my dog with just a word, that that was all it would take to relieve his suffering. I thanked Him and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up and my dog was completely back to normal. He jumped off the bed and his tail was curled up over his back once more and his jaunty little trot was back. I checked his spine and it was once again aligned the way it was supposed to be. God has answered so many of my prayers over the years that there is no doubt in my mind that God is real and that he answers prayer.1 point -
What makes God real to you?
Margie reacted to BlueBoy1844 for a topic
Surely the most obvious way to know that God our Saviour exists is when we ask for deliverance from a temptation and immediately receive it from Him! Then the next way would be in occasions when we are protected as 8thdaypriest has shown us. God protects all, good and bad, as much as He can, but when He answers prayer for deliverance then it is intensely personal.1 point -
What makes God real to you?
Margie reacted to 8thdaypriest for a topic
I've kept a journal for some 38 years now - since I went through a dramatic conversion experience. I wrote in my journal about some 23 "miracles". Those miracles definitely strengthened my belief in a supernatural force. Seven times - during those 38 years, I "heard" a "voice" say things to me. Once it seemed audible. My husband "heard" the "voice" once (audibly) and once (in his mind). All of those miracles were not sufficient to teach me well founded doctrine. No. For that I had to search the Scriptures - intently. I'm still searching them. The amazing complexity of biological systems - also leads me to believe in a Designer. The accurate prophecies concerning Jesus, written hundreds or thousands of years before their fulfillment - lead me to believe in Him. And yes - I agree - the completely insane actions of those under the control of the Evil One, convince me there is a force for Evil, fighting against the Force for good in this world. The WAR has become more and more evident. I will share just one miracle story. In June of 2005 we had monsoon rains just like this year (2016) here in East Texas. We live up a long winding country road. It's about 3/4 of a mile from our house to where our road meets the road going into town. At that junction there is a large culvert running under our road. It is a large one now. It used to be a much smaller one. That night as it rained and rained, we didn't realize the culvert had plugged up with brush and debris, til the road completely washed out. Left was a big gash across, 10 foot wide and about 8 foot deep, with the small culvert laying in the bottom. I will attach a picture to this post if I can. My husband used to play racquet-ball at the Y, and he would leave our house about 4am. He was so used to our road, that he would drive it kinda fast - though I always worried about him hitting a deer with his little Chevy pickup. This is country, and there were no lights along the road. Back then there were only a couple of houses, back off the road. So the only lights were his headlights. As he drove down the winding road, he suddenly saw deer - I mean a big herd of them - running alongside of him. He slowed way down to let them pass. But instead of passing, they just stayed right with him. He was now going only 5 miles an hour - really creeping along. He was irritated, thinking he wouldn't have as much time to play his raquet-ball. The deer gathered in front of his pickup. They wouldn't move. They just stood there. Finally he got out of his pickup - in the rain. Then the deer dispersed. Then he saw "something"?? in the road. The road didn't look right in his headlights. What he saw about stopped his heart. The road was completely washed out, with angry water rushing through the crater. He came home and called the Sheriff and any neighbors we new. We were trapped for 2 days - cause that was the only outlet to the main road, and any off-road soil was too boggy to risk driving on. I am absolutely convinced that the LORD's angels herded those deer, to save my husband. I've gotta go search for those pictures. They're in a digital file somewhere on my husband's computer. I loaded a picture of our property back then, just so you can see how country it is.1 point -
What makes God real to you?
Margie reacted to JoeMo for a topic
Like Jessie-Jess, I believe God is real because of things I have seen or personally experienced. I have "seen" people be healed of horrible things like lameness, blindness, and deafness. I have taken part in the spontaneous healing (aka "miracle") of a man with crushed vertebrae and herniated discs in his neck - hearing bones pop and watching muscles move. God has "spoken" to me (not audibly; but "in my head"); and what He told me came to be. When I was stressing about being unemployed a few years back, God sent a literal sparrow to me that sat on my head and sang to show me that "his eyes are on the sparrow". God is real to me because I believe He has interacted with me; and experience is hard to deny (or maybe I'm a French Fry short of a Happy Meal).1 point