Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/02/2017 in all areas
-
Internet Bickering
Outta Here and one other reacted to rudywoofs (Pam) for a topic
True. And people who are *not* offended by a statement or a word that others see as "sexist," does not mean they are less socially concerned, or that they have no interest in being treated respectfully.2 points -
Atheism in America
phkrause and one other reacted to 8thdaypriest for a topic
I have personally experienced too many miracles (couldn't be anything else but miracles) not to believe that a supernatural sentient personally involved BEING exists. Just WHO that being is, was for me to study out. Things unearthed by archeologists, and recent finds (like dinosaur bones still with stretchy tissue in them fresh enough to extract DNA) have just strengthened my belief in the story of Genesis through Malachi.2 points -
Spliting, O.K.
phkrause reacted to steve9534 for a topic
I have read Spectrum sporadically for 35 years and they seem to take interest in every divisive and hurtful thing they can find or manufacture within the church. It would be unfortunate for our church, which was founded in part through the efforts of a woman, to split over this issue. I have had the opportunity to attend SDA churches on 4 continents, in many different circumstances, and don't I see this happening. Some people will almost surely leave regardless of whether women are ordained or not, so IDK that one decision is preferable to the other in that respect. Given that EGW had such a prominent role in the beginnings of the church, it would make sense to me that women be ordained at least in the divisions where doing so would not be terribly disruptive. steve1 point -
What makes God real to you?
JoeMo reacted to 8thdaypriest for a topic
Thought I would post an answer to prayer. If you remember I posted that I have suffered from barometric migraines for some 45 years. Four months ago, I was reading on migraine.com (a website/forum I follow) an article about vasomotor rhinitis (an auto-immune disorder). Folks with this have VERY sensitive nerves in their sinuses. They react to just about everything (falling barometric pressure, chemical smells, a visit to Walmart, etc. etc.). A doctor had written an article about how vasomotor rhinitis could trigger migraines. His recommendation was to use Flonase faithfully twice a day, and if that worked, then cut to once a day. I followed his advice, and I am VERY happy to report that my headaches have improved at least 75%. My life is truly changed. I can now make a lunch date and actually expect to keep it. Thank you LORD!! Now I'm going to post a promise that I believe the LORD spoke to me. I am posting this in advance, so that you can share the experience. In June of 2016, I had an idea for a toaster accessory. See, I like just ONE piece of toast in the morning (with olive oil butter and chia seeds) with a cup of tea and a few almonds. As anyone who has used a slotted toast knows, the side of your bread that faces the empty slot will be browner (or burned) than the side facing away from the empty slot. I would always watch the toaster, to make sure my toast didn't burn. I complained about this one day to my husband, and his retort was, "Well invent something!". So -- I contacted a design engineer and paid him to come up with a prototype of what I call the "Toaster Mate". I now hold the non-provisional utility patent, and also the trademark of the name. But let me tell you about the miracle part. On July 22nd, while praying out loud about whether to pay $5K for a design engineer, and a patent search, my prayer was interrupted by what I have come to call "The Voice". The Voice is very strong. I don't believe it is audible. It just feels audible. Anyway. The Voice said, "Go forward Rachel. I am going to bless you." So I paid the money, and also have paid a patent attorney. When the USPTO sent "actions" (meaning objections) to some of the claims in my patent application, I was about to give up. Every time the patent attorney files an answer to one of those "actions", it's another $500. The Voice said "All is not lost" several times that day. The USPTO granted my patent in 5 months. THAT is very unusual. So - Now I OWN the patent, and I OWN the trademark. Now I am searching for the right marketing agent. See - large manufacturers and retailers don't want to deal with inventors. They want to deal with agents (like the Shark Tank stars). Inventors are usually too emotional about their inventions. I have prayed about this also. I believe the LORD will connect me with the right agent. I am telling you about all of this now - before I get a contract - before a company buys my patent and my trademark. I'm telling you about this now - before it happens, so that YOU can experience the miracle with me. I believe totally, that the LORD will find a buyer for me, and I will earn royalties. I have promised the LORD half of any profit I am paid (after taxes) from that contract. Any profit that comes to me will TOTALLY be a miracle. I do not know WHEN this will happen. I just believe it WILL happen. The picture below is my hand, putting my prototype into my toaster. I've been using that prototype for the last 8 months, and it works beautifully. No more burned toast. The Toaster Mate is made of unglazed ceramic and weighs about 3.5 ounces.1 point -
Internet Bickering
CoAspen reacted to rudywoofs (Pam) for a topic
the whole argument surrounded the above comment... When I was reading the article, it never even *dawned* on me that the above comment was derogatory to women. Never in a million years would that thought have ever entered my mind. maybe I'm dense... erhmmm... no. I'm just not into keeping an "I'm offended" chip on my shoulders. So many people have one that's attached to a bungee cord, so that the chip can be knocked off, but will return automatically, again and again and again, in perpetua.1 point -
Moving back to Florida :)
phkrause reacted to dgrimm60 for a topic
PHKRAUSE well keep us up to date but do not over work your self and remember look up HAHAHA==HEHEHEHE===HOHOHO I will be praying that GOD GIVES you strength to do what needs to be done dgrimm601 point -
1 point
-
1 point
-
Sex Offender at SDA School
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
I can take you to a large SDA Church. In that congregation, each Sabbath morning parents are required to register their dropping the child off at the SS room. At the end of the class, each person picking up the child had to register picking the child up, and that person is matched with the person who dropped the child off. This has been accepted by the parents and this process has been in place for about a year.1 point -
Sex Offender at SDA School
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Schools are not open to the public, in the U.S., in our society today. Visitors have to register at the front office as to who they are and what their business is. I do if I pick up my granddaughter at her school.1 point -
Monty Hall
phkrause reacted to dgrimm60 for a topic
LIFEHISCOST I am sure he will be missed by family and friends an d fans dgrimm601 point