Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/12/2017 in all areas

  1. B/W Photodude

    Just like old times ...

    Having read thru the OT several times in the last few years I have noticed a very interesting trend. A good king can come along and reform the nation, remove the idols, and turn the people back to God, and a very short time later, they will be back to idolatry with a bad king. Over and over again. However, even with really bad kings, such as Ahab, God could claim over 7000 who had never bent the knee to idols. There seemed to be three kinds of kings: 1. Kings who reformed the nation and removed the idols 2. Good kings who were obedient to God but tolerated the idols 3. Bad kings who led the nation into idolatry Fascinating is the parallel to Adventism today. Several generation ago, the Adventist movement was brought into existence by God, the church stayed true for decades (even being known as the people of the Bible. I suspect we are no longer known as that today.), then heresies began to creep in. I won't go into the list, because one or more may be someone's favorite heresy, but especially in the Western world conferences (NAD, Europe, & AUS), the church no longer seems to be the church it once was. Sad is the fact that it has been reported in some conference meetings that readership of SOP is down to about 2% of the membership. Many have discarded the writings of EGW. Some polls of Adventists can find little difference between Adventism and the world in general. The split in the church seems to be never more evident than over at ChristianForums.com. They have separate forums for "Traditional" Adventists and "Progressive" Adventists and never should the two post in the other's forum and some posts will even be moved to the proper forum. This is a serious problem and I hope people are paying attention to this in light of what has been taught for pretty much all of Adventism's history that there would someday be a shaking and many would leave the church. That shaking was also written about in the NT. Described as a terrible ordeal, the church would stand.
    1 point
  2. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  3. B/W Photodude

    Omega

    Well, sorry that that was your experience. I found nothing in the beginning of the sermon but a discussion of various comments by Ellen White. So, it would seem you are calling her innaccurate, fear-mongering and the like. You could have been more specific as to what exactly you were referring to. I suspect you are going over board with statements like "what the denomination is spewing forth." Yes, there are warnings there, but some very real and specific warnings are given in the Bible. Not sure what you do with those warnings. Jesus also directly spoke warnings on the send times. But you are free to ignore whatever seems to you to be fear mongering. I posted the links for those who may have missed this series and would like the opportunity to watch them. Some really do pay attention to these. But again, sorry to have distressed you.
    1 point
  4. aka

    The Peanuts Gang continued

    1 point
  5. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  6. aka

    Graphic Quotes

    1 point
  7. Jeannieb43

    Annual Council Day 3

    Sorry to sound negative, but as for me personally, whatever the "brethren" decide in Autumn Council will govern what the organization itself will do in the coming months, but it will have nothing to do with me personally and with my spiritual experience. In other words, I have my own relationship with God and with my fellow man but (fortunately) I don't need any other human being to tell me what or how to worship or believe. I realize I'm fortunate, living in the United States, to be able to worship without interference from government forces. But the organization of our church is becoming so top-heavy, IMHO, that I have ceased paying much attention to the comings-and-goings of the people in leadership. There are, and have been, several leaders who have inspired me over the years. But at my age they've mostly all passed away now. They've left me with gems from the Bible and Ellen White which I read and reread to gain strength throughout the day. My biggest task now is to be a friend and a leader to others in my sphere of influence, whatever and whoever they might be. I'm becoming acquainted with lots and lots of new people now that I've left my home of 50 years and moved into a new community. I'm the only Adventist, and the only vegetarian, in this senior community now where I live. I've made lots of new friends, though. Hopefully my life will somehow inspire them to want something that I have, and maybe some of them will learn to love Jesus through me.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...