Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/09/2017 in all areas
-
Faith and religion
aka and one other reacted to Stan for a topic
There is much talk about people coming into a Church and leaving same. The real trouble is they come to learn faith, we try to teach them religion instead. I believe too many religionist lack faith in their experience. Thoughts?2 points -
Spiritual Vigilantes
phkrause and one other reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
The article that I referenced was critical of the book--fair game. It was critical of author of the book as to his writing and coverage of the subject--fair game. The article that I referenced did not attempt to revive the ancient issues as to 3ABN and Danny Shelton. I am simply saying that those issues are not to be up for discussion in this forum. Probably most of the people reading here will understand what I am talking about. So, I do not intend to be specific. IOW, critique the book, good or bad, if you wish, as to what the book says. Critique the coverage of the subject material, if you wish. Praise the book if you so evaluate it. Just do not get into some of the stuff of the past.2 points -
Spiritual Vigilantes
phkrause and one other reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Folks: This is not the time for this forum to re-litigate the issues of 3ABN and Danny Shelton. In posting the announcement of his book, I thought that it would be of interest to people in this forum. It was not my intent to give new life to a discussion of those old issues. So, let us bring to a halt that aspect of the discussion. If that does not happen, this thread will have to be closed. If you wish to discuss, please focus on the book and its message and not the alleged character of the author. Thanks, GM2 points -
1 point
-
Mocking people who pray in response to shock and suffering is obscene and corrupt
rudywoofs (Pam) reacted to B/W Photodude for a topic
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/08/tammy-bruce-mocking-people-who-pray-in-response-to-shock-and-suffering-is-obscene-and-corrupt.html1 point -
Promises Long Delayed
LifeHiscost reacted to JoeMo for a topic
The second coming of Christ is a promise long delayed. The return of all Israel from the nations; and their return to the Messiah is long delayed. The establishment of the Kingdom on earth is long delayed. In God's mercy, the appearance of "THE" Antichrist is long delayed; in accordance with Peter's epistle: " The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)1 point -
Faith and religion
aka reacted to JoeMo for a topic
Stan is saying something in a more eloquent way that I have said many times here. People join the church and develop a relationship with the church/denomination instead of a relationship with Jesus. They experience the rules and regulations of the church instead of an intimate relationship with Jesus. When they become disillusioned and leave the denomination, they equate it with "leaving God". The enemy capitalizes on this; and discourages them from continuing to seek Christ. Faith tends to grow stronger - independent of the church - when we truly experience Christ. There are people of all Christian denominations who have had an encounter with the God of Heaven. The general result is that the become "sold-out, born-again" believers who fearlessly proclaim their faith (although the passion might be temporary). This phenomenon is not limited to Christians. I recently read an article from an Adventist missionary in the Middle East that 70 - 85% of Muslims who become Christians do so after a direct encounter with Jesus - through a miraculous healing, a deliverance from demonic harassment, or a dream or vision. My faith has been strengthened through experiences I interpret as encounters with the supernatural.1 point -
Spiritual Vigilantes
LifeHiscost reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
I often post a reference to something without making any statement about it, except to write a title. One of the reasons that I do such is because Is believe that people are fully able to evaluate and to form their own opinion. This was one of those occasions. Yes, I am aware that some might consider it to be advertising. There is a fine line on advertising. In this forum we do not want people to attempt to sell or raise money for pet projects through their posts here. But, I do post notices of materials that are available to interested people, which do not result in any funds coming to me. E.G. I sometimes list available books that some might be interested in purchasing, or DVDs. I listed Shelton's new book because I thought that some might be interested in it--some positive and some negative. In listing it, I have not given my personal evaluation of it. Interested people can develop their own opinion.1 point -
Promises Long Delayed
LifeHiscost reacted to 8thdaypriest for a topic
I know many descendants of Abraham were familiar with the prophecy of the 400 years. Genesis 15:13-14 Then He said to Abram: "Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions." They actually left Egypt 430 years to the very day, from the day the prophecy/promise was spoken, which means the promise was spoken on the day of the year which later became the Feast of Unleavened Bread (the day after Passover). I've wondered why the Children of Israel didn't leave Egypt after the famine was over. Guess they felt to secure there with Joseph as prime minister. You'd think they would remember the prediction of affliction, and get out of there. Guess they were looking forward to the "great possessions". By the time Moses arrived in Egypt to tell them the 400 years were up, all the Israelites had forgotten about that time promise. If they did remember it at all, they were just like many folks today, thinking that promise was just an old tale - a fable.1 point -
The Work of a Chaplain
Kevin H reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
For a glimpse of the work of a hospital chaplain, see: https://conversation.spectrummagazine.org/t/a-ministry-of-presence/14782 NOTE: I have placed this in the Theology section as how a person in ministry perceives their ministry to take place is involved with their understanding of God.1 point -
1 point
-
1 point
-
Spiritual Vigilantes
LifeHiscost reacted to B/W Photodude for a topic
Violating the rule of having more than one wife is it's own punishment! Reminding someone about being useless to God is not a place I want to go to.1 point -
Promises Long Delayed
LifeHiscost reacted to thx4mercy for a topic
Noah -- 120 years before flood Joseph -- many years before fulfillment of his dreams - brothers bowing down to him1 point