Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/25/2017 in all areas

  1. Gregory Matthews

    A Problem Resolved!

    Many of our friends reading the posts in this forum have a problem that they may not have recognized. In fact, it is probable that only our mutual friend Stan, has recognized this problem. I believe that I potentially have come up with a resolution to this situation. If I am correct, I should bring it to your awareness so that you can give it the attention that it deserves. If that takes place, the fact that you are now aware of it should bring some relief to our friend Stan. In the future, Stan should remember this Christmas as a memorable day in his life! *** *** *** I shall now digress for a moment to give some essential background, although my doing so may not make any sense to you. But, for the moment, I shall just have to live with that. In another post in this forum, which I titled "Use It Or Lose It." I mentioned the need that all people have to keep their brains active and a failure to do so would potentially lead to a diminished ability to use their brains. I mentioned that as part of my attempt to keep my brain active, I intended to teach myself to write computer programs in the Python language. feel free to access that post, if you wish to read it. Well in the early hours of this morning, I began my first lesson in writing Python code. the first thing that I learned was how to have a given text, such as "Good morning Gregory, may you have a good day today." pop up on my computer screen. This was actually a letdown and I did not feel fulfilled at all. As I read further I learned that actually I needed to write more code in order to make that program work well. At this point, I wondered how I could use my new knowledge to benefit the world in even a small way. As I thought about this unrecognized problem that many of our friends reading this post have, I wondered if I could provide an answer. All I would need to do would be to write a program that would bring it to their attention. So, that is what I intend to do. At this point in time, my knowledge is on the lowest level that anyone can have. So, it may take me more time to write than I will have today. We are planning to have nine (9) people over for a Christmas meal. But, once I have written a working program, I will post it here for your use and free of charge. Until I can write, test and develop that program I am going to lock this thread. Once that happens, I will open the thread for your response, which I hope will include personal testimonies as to how it has helped you. So, stay tuned.
    1 point
  2. Gregory Matthews

    A Problem Resolved!

    Writing the Program: The following commands should now be entered exactly as I have written them. Informational statements that begin with an # space can be entered but do not have to be entered. print("Thank You Stan for the gift you have given us of this forum.”) print(“I want to contribute to the expenses of this forum.”) print(“I will contribute to the expenses of this forum.”) print(“I will contribute as I am able.”) input(“\n\nPress the enter key to exit.”) # Click on "file" above and then click on Save. # A window will open and you will be asked for a place to save your file. Select Desktop. # You will also be asked to give a title, with .py as the extension. # Now click on Enter. # If all is correct you should have an operational program that exists on your desktop.
    1 point
  3. Gregory Matthews

    A Problem Resolved!

    Let’s Get Started: At this point, you have installed Python 3 on your computer. You he opened it as you want to begin writing your program. 1) Open the program to IDLE Python 2) At the above point, click on “File.” This will open a window and you will need to click on “New File.” This will take you to the place where you can write, save, edit and have a program that you can run at a later time. 3) Here you will write statements that will tell the computer to do something. 4) If you have made an error in your instructions, the computer will tell you so and probably tell you where the error is. 5) At this point, the print on your screen will show up in colored type: This is called syntax highlighting. Special words that are a part of the Python language will be printed in purple. A string is printed in green. And the output, of what is produced by that command is printed in blue. 6) NOTE: A string is a series of characters that tells the computer to perform a specific task. 7) Syntax Highlighting helps you spot errors. 8) When you are done working on the program, save it, making certain that you have saved it in the .py extension. 9) In writing your program you will give it a title which you will use to access the program later. You will also enter other information at the beginning of your program. 10) Remember, a line of code that begins with an # is informational and it is not executed by the computer. Therefore while you may enter it in the code, you do not have to do so. 11) In addition, a blank line with no text is ignored by the computer and simply is helpful for a human to read. 12) Are you ready to begin? That will come next. J
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    A Problem Resolved!

    Preliminary instructions: 1) In order to program your computer to give you the answer, you will need to install the Python Computer program. To do this access the following website, choose your operating system and whether you want to download Python 3 (recommended) or Python 2, there are major differences. https://www.python.org/ Download and automatically install the chosen program. 2) Programming code is exact and does not work with errors. It must be entered exactly as it should be entered: print(" is not the same as either print (" or Print (" This means that much of the code must be written in lowercase letters and not capitalized. 3) However, value that is enclosed by ( ) can typically be written in any manner that you chose to include capitalization and spaces. 4) Computer programs typically include lines of code that the computer executes and lines of information or other material that the computer ignores and does not act upon. 5) A line that begins with a # and a space is not executed by the computer. That line can serve as information to the one who wrote the program or for any other purpose. So, as I attempt to write a program that will resolve the problem that you may not have known you have. I will write information for you in that manner. NOTE: Yes, I am having fun with this task. However, I am serious as to the problem. In addition, the book that serves as my teaching tool contains exercises at the end of each chapter designed to see if I have understood the material and if I am able to actually apply it. I am using this means to test myself to see if I understand what I am supposed to have learned in the chapter enough to actually apply it and to communicate it to others. Bear with me. while I have fun.
    1 point
  5. 8thdaypriest

    The Coming Great Apostasy?

    What was it Jesus said? "when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" (Luk 18:8 NIV) He seems to identify the problem - a falling away from faith. To fall away from faith, is to loose the connection to God through Christ. Without that connection, how could one be warned of danger? How could one have strength to endure whatever threats or hardship come? How could one be empowered to witness?
    1 point
  6. stinsonmarri

    Do you agree___________________

    That is all that needs to be said. Blessings!
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...