Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/12/2018 in all areas

  1. Outta Here

    Rationing

    I feel like...if it got right down to it and I spent the previous days in my life honoring God and His wishes to my good health including abstinence from caffeine, alcohol, narcotics, unclean meats and fatty fried "foods"...well, I feel as if God might well honor His word:
    1 point
  2. Ulunruh

    What about the TRINITY....have we lost our WAY?

    By the way -- I'm a third generation Adventist, and I'm a senior! Yet, not in church school or in church, did I ever hear anyone say that Christ had a beginning, that He was not eternal from everlasting, or that he was not true God, just the Son, but not true God. Not once did I hear that taught. In fact my parents and the pastor often worked with JW's who reject the trinity, and they used scripture to point the JW's to Christ as fully God with the Father. Christ is fully worthy of our worship and praise, because He is God in the highest sense, yes, He is Almighty God, (see Rev. 1:8) just as the Father is fully worthy of our worship and praise, because He is God in the highest sense, Almighty God. The truths concerning the eternal "from everlasting to everlasting" Deity of Christ as God with the Father, was a known fact throughout the 20th century. It actually wasn't until the year 2000 that I was rudely made aware that a movement had arisen in Adventism trying to take us back to the 19th century anti-Trinitarian Unitarian belief. Yes, I knew the early pioneers had brought that concept with them, and it was actually a detriment to them to the point where they almost the lost gospel as it is in Jesus, which was restored in 1888. To me it was clear that EGW herself, after 1888, gently moved the church away from the Unitarian belief, and exalted Christ as fully, eternally, true God with the Father.
    1 point
  3. Liz

    Rationing

    I always heard that if you were to eat human flesh, that it gives you the shakes, like Parkinson's. And no I don't think I would ever resort to cannibalism. I heard a lecture once from an Auschwitz survivor, she said that when her fellow prisoners did resort to cannibalism, she would eat grass, but not just handfuls, she would carefully pick out each blade of grass and choose which one looked greener, longer, etc. She said this way it kept her mind focused on the grass and not what was happening around her. She was an amazing person to listen too.
    1 point
  4. Outta Here

    Rationing

    You were probably gracious. But let me ask you, if you were severely allergic to ham, what would you have done? My husband is allergic to so very many things there is nearly nothing an average "do gooding" person could prepare in advance that he'd be able to eat without modification. What would you say, or do, if the food was something that would hurt you? And furthermore...would a ham really hurt you? I'll leave that to you to decide. (I know what my answer would be: yeah, the ham would hurt me. But it I were starving enough, I might be driven with madness enough to eat it.)
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...