Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/16/2022 in all areas
-
BRI
Kevin H reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
The Biblical Research Institute (BRI) is a General Conference Institution that is probably little known in among Adventists. I consider it to be a valuable resource. The following link takes you to the current issue of its digital publication. It is distributed free of charge by e-mail. In addition to this publication, I consider it to have published valuable books which it lists on its website. https://www.adventistbiblicalresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/Reflections-77-January-March-2022.pdf?utm_source=All+Subscribers&utm_campaign=85141e8cd2-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_09_10_06_37_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_efe1c280cb-85141e8cd2-150218681#page=91 point -
Internet SDA websistes
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
My purpose is to provide a listing of Internet websites that have a focus on the SDA church. Some will provide news as to what is currently happening in Adventism. Some will provide a forum where people can discuss whatever they wish to discuss that is related to Adventism. Some will reflect issues from the standpoint of what is considered orthodox and others will be seen as challenging is some respect aspects of Adventism. My intent is to not list websites that I personally consider to be primarily negative toward the SDA church. So, there are plenty of websites that I will not list. In each case I will give a short statement as to my thinking about the website. A few will be official SDA websites; most will not be official websites. https://adventistreview.org/ This is the website of The Adventist Review. Currently it has shut down its section where people could comment on articles published in the Review. In addition it has removed those published comments from public view. I am disappointed that it has felt a need to do such. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ted+wilson Ted Wilson, the President of the General Conference has a regular presence on You Tube. This takes you to his comments. https://atoday.org/ This is one of two major English websites that provides news and commentary, pro & con, as to what is happening in Adventism on a NAD & world-wide basis. It has been operational for many years and also publishes a magazine. https://spectrummagazine.org/ This is one of two major English websites that provides news and commentary, pro & con, as to what is happening in Adventism on a NAD & world-wide basis. It has been operational for many years and also publishes a magazine. https://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm This is a small independent forum that is owned by a dedicated SDA member in Canada. It has about 1,300 members and it is quite conservative in its approach to Adventism. https://adventistan.com/forums/ This is an independent forum that was begun many years ago by two employees of the Canadian Union Conference and one employee of the General Conference. It has some 12,500 plus members. About 1/3 are traditional SDA members, 1/3, non-traditional SDA members and 1/3 people who are not SDA members in any sense. Currently I have a leadership role in this forum. https://revistazelota.com/en This is the English language version of a website owned by Zoleta, which is an independent organization located in Brazil. It is similar to Adventist Today and Spectrum which are located in the United States. http://sdanet.org/ This is a large and important website that contains links to many sources of information about the SDA Church. https://www.adventistbiblicalresearch.org/ I consider the Biblical Research Institute to be a very valuable source of information that is little known by most SDA members. It publishes a newsletter that is free to all who wish to receive it. It publishes books of value. It speaks to controversial issues in Adventism. https://blog.feedspot.com/adventist_bloggs/ This website lists some 40 Internet websites devoted to Adventism, most of which discuss the SDA form of Adventism. With a possible occasional exception, probably most will be considered to be a positive website. https://sdalinks.blogspot.com/2012/04/sda-online-radio-stations.html This website lists a number of SDA radio stations that can be accessed online. https://gain.community/ This is an official website of the General Conference. https://learningtolivesdablog.com/ This is an independent, devotional website. https://archive.org/ This is a non-SDA website that contains millions of links. As such, it contains links to SDA materials. When I began this search I had no idea as to what I would find. I cannot begin to list all that I have discovered. The above is only a sample of what is available. In the interests of brevity, I will call it quits and simply tell you that if you would like to find more, you can. Blessings to all.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Will gather My people ? Ezekiel 34:13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
Fight for you ? Deuteronomy 20:4 For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.1 point