Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/01/2022 in all areas

  1. Gregory Matthews

    Parkinson's Research

    SDA, Dr. Ann Liebert has won an award for her research into Parkinson’s Disease, see: https://record.adventistchurch.com/2022/08/29/sydney-adventist-hospital-researcher-wins-prestigious-award/
    1 point
  2. phkrause

    Revelation by Dr. Sigve Tonstad

    Kevin do you remember who was the speaker? I have the feeling that we were both there at the same time??
    1 point
  3. Gail

    Revelation by Dr. Sigve Tonstad

    @BlessedMan He writes well and I have some of his other books, too. I think what I appreciate best is his ability to leave off the Adventistspeak so that everyone can have a go at understanding the Revelation. He sees a bigger picture than just the nasty Catholics or the bad Muslims (which causes some people to get a hate-on for those believers). If you don’t like Jon Paulien’s take on Revelation you probably won’t enjoy this, either, although I think that Tonstad reaches farther than Paulien. He explores the concept of whether God is the sadistic despot many people fear after reading Revelation. I believe that who we believe God is will colour our own actions. Not only that, but I also believe that by misrepresenting God as vengeful and evil we make atheists of people. A pastor told me that a problem with the traditional Adventist understanding is trying to fit the understanding into history; some points seem to be a stretch for him to explain to non-believers. Without giving out too many spoilers I will stop here.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...