Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/03/2022 in all areas

  1. Oops: Reading over these posts, it looks like I might have forgotten a point that you may enjoy. I mentioned how Allied POWs petitioned Germany to have a wreath sent to Oswald Boelcke's funeral. One reason for this is that remembering Jesus saying that he was in prison and you visited me, Boelcke use to visit the Allied POWs and give them gifts to help them deal with POW life. Several of them, including those he shot down, as they survived the war and went on to the rest of their lives, would state that one of the highlights of their lives was meeting him.
    1 point
  2. A couple of months ago came across a cute story about Von Richthofen (The Red Baron). He was originally trained to be a bomber pilot but came to hate bombers because they killed too many civilians. Because of this they also became a favorite target of his. He told a story that has not been verified, but he said that once a single seater bomber went to bomb a German target in a village in Belgium. The pilot volunteered because it was his home town, and having grown up there he may have a better chance of hitting the target. Well, while dropping the bombs, he was causing a lot of collateral damage and civilian deaths until Richthofen shot him down. He survived the shot down and was taken to a hospital for treatment. As the people in the village learned who it was that was bombing them, a crowd came to the hospital and demanding that they hand him over to them to lynch him. The hospital would not do that, but since the people were angry, the hospital said that they could stand someplace where that pilot could hear them, and they could cheer for Richthofen for shooting him down before he caused more damage.
    1 point
  3. Kevin H

    Revelation by Dr. Sigve Tonstad

    Someone reprinted George McCready Price's "The Time of the End" !!! https://www.amazon.com/Time-End-George-McCready-Price/dp/B093RTJP1B I made a partial list above, but there is a Revelation study set I'd like to see us read and have: 1.) If someone does not have an Adventist background maybe start with C. M. Maxwell's "God Cares" vol 2. But to build on to this 2.) Price's book "The Time of the End" 3.) While not dealing with Revelation itself, Jim Fleming's lecture on the Beatitudes gives some good ideas to remember when studying eschatology, no matter what our religious background and approach. 4.) Then John Wood's "Last Day Events Seminar" 1976 Southern New England Campmeeting. 5.) Richard Nies "Eschatology" http://www.pineknoll.org/all-audio-resources (about 1/4 of the way down the page) Again, Nies does make the mistake of taking the phrase about the plagues falling in a day, in an hour to make a day=year application so sees Satan as wanting to have a year, but God will only allow two weeks. Wood points out that the context does not support the day/year principle, but is a typical Greek way of saying "In a short time." 6.) Tonstad's commentary on Revelation 7.) Craig Koester's Great Courses on the Apocalypse (look for it on sale. A few times a year you can get the DVDs for about $69.00 give or take) https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/apocalypse-controversies-and-meaning-in-western-history 8.) Craig Koester's commentary on Revelation from the Anchor Bible: https://www.amazon.com/Revelation-Translation-Introduction-Commentary-Commentaries/dp/0300216912/ref=sr_1_3?crid=J8SS799RAVDU&keywords=craig+koester&qid=1662002417&s=books&sprefix=Craig+Ko%2Cstripbooks%2C147&sr=1-3 (Hey, looking this up I see that he has another book on Revelation: Revelation and the End of All Things https://www.amazon.com/Revelation-End-Things-Craig-Koester/dp/0802875785/ref=sr_1_1?crid=J8SS799RAVDU&keywords=craig+koester&qid=1662002554&s=books&sprefix=Craig+Ko%2Cstripbooks%2C147&sr=1-1 ) Now, I don't know how easy it is to get Fleming's lecture or Wood's lectures, but I cannot recommend getting all 8 (9) of these resources. Contact me and I'll see if I can help with the Fleming and Wood recordings. Now, I have not read enough in Jon Pauline's book to know if I should recommend it as well, but I've liked much of what I've read from Pauline. At least try to start out with Price Time of the end Wood "Last day events" and Nies "Eschatology" and Tonstad's "Revelation" you will not be sorry.
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    A Sad Case

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-california-girl-wanted-to-keep-her-baby-goat-alive-her-county-fair-killed-it-anyway/ar-AA11lLGB?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=468def99e9c149eaadc638ac5370c8ba
    0 points
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...