Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/29/2022 in all areas

  1. Stan

    Yeshiva University vs. YU Pride Alliance

    The YU Pride Alliance at Yeshiva University announced on September 21st that they would agree to a “stay” of the June New York Supreme Court decision by Justice Kotler requiring the historically Jewish institution to officially recognize the LGTBQ club, including granting access to resources and equal treatment as other clubs. The post Yeshiva University vs. YU Pride Alliance appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV / Founders' First Freedom®. View the full article
    1 point
  2. Gregory Matthews

    Yeshiva University vs. YU Pride Alliance

    The full article that Stan has posted is complex.. It is deseriing of study due to the fact that various aspects of the issues could have substantial effect on SDA educational organizations, and perhaps (?) others.
    1 point
  3. Gregory Matthews

    Victory for Oakwood

    The following is a big victory for Oakwood Adventist Academy and religious victory: https://www.becketlaw.org/media/a-win-for-religious-freedom-in-high-school-sports/
    1 point
  4. Rahab

    3 word devotional

    (N) Psalm 113:7 ? He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;
    1 point
  5. Rahab

    3 word devotional

    (N) Romans 9:33 ? As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    1 point
  6. Gregory Matthews

    Confession & the Law

    Abuse potentially has existed in all denominations. This included the SDA denomination. I am personally aware of such from SDA clergy. NOTE: Abuse sometimes involves adults and does not always involve children.
    0 points
  7. GHansen

    Confession & the Law

    I worked at a major medical center in a large American city. The first time I met the RC chaplain, I thought of Joe Montana, the football great. He was physically quite large but not fat; also, a very handsome man. He was employed by the RC church, receiving no salary from the hospital. He had a car service provided for transportation. His presence was basically advertising for the papacy. A tall, good-looking guy walking around in a clerical collar was a positive for his denomination. After I resigned, I noticed his name in an article in the newspaper that implicated him in the RC pedophile scandal. I was really shocked. He was eventually sentenced to prison. Years later, his name came up again, saying he was convicted of a single incident. Actually, he was convicted of a single incident because most of the molestation had taken place too long ago for him to be charged. Turns out he was transferred to the hospital due to molestation issues. He was judged too dangerous to work in a parish or school. Unfortunately, the hospital had a pediatric unit, which gave him access to children. What could go wrong? Well, at least one molester dressed up as a doctor, gained access to ill children in a hospital, and then molested them. He was also in prison. The perverse depths to which individuals of this bent will sink is unimaginable to most people. [NOTE: For legal reasons, I have removed a photograph of a clergy person--Gregory Matthews.]
    0 points
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...