Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/12/2022 in all areas
-
Andy Borowitz
Ellen reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Andy Borowitz writes a satirical column for the New Yorker. The following are two of his recent comments: * Melania wishes she could get divorced just by thinking about it. * Boebert warns that cancelling student debt could lead to rampant education and wonton learning.1 point -
Forum Rules
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
As a result of an ongoing conversation with one of our members, I will re-state one of our rules: * Feel free to debate, challenge and attack an issue. * Do not attack the person. * I do not read every post. I may not read a post until several days after it is posted. If I do not catch a violation of this rule that does not mean that I have to allow you to get away with it. * Life is not 100% fair. Some people get away with something while others do not.1 point -
Annual Council
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Annual Council began Thursday. Various media is reporting on the first two days. In my opinion, the most comprehensive report of the first day may be read at the link below. https://spectrummagazine.org/news/2022/educators-warned-and-press-access-concerns-2022-annual-council-day-11 point -
Annual Council
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
AC days 3-5: for a comprehensive report see: ttps://spectrummagazine.org/news/2022/elections-education-control-and-finances-2022-annual-council-days-3-5 and https://atoday.org/lets-talk-money-annual-council-continues/1 point -
Where Is God?
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Pavel Goia has recently written a small eleven chapter book that I consider to a thought-provoking discussion of God’s activity in our lives today. It is full of sermon illustrations that could start off a good many sermons. The ABC has it on sale for$17. Amazon is selling it for$145. [No, that is not a typo.] Paul Goia & Kelly Mowrer, In the Spirit & Power: God’s Presence & Answers to Prayer In Pavel Goia’s Journey, Safeliz, 2022,160 pages.1 point -
Annual Council
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
AC, Day 4: {NOTE: I report as I find something of interest.] The SDA membership in North America stands at 6% of the world membership. [NOTE: Things are changing. We, in the U.S. are no longer the people of power that we once were.] David Trim reports that 42% of the SDA members are leaving the denomination. The delegates voted a 900 page policy document, which was related to matters unknown to me. I cannot help but ask how many of the delegates actually read the policy document. [NOTE: Thanks to Adventist today for this information.]1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Luke 18:29-30 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.1 point -
Sex Offenders & Church
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Today, October 8, 2022, the Sabbath School class that I attend had a spirited, healthy, frank discussion of Matthew 5:27-30. As a result, I have thought that some might like to be better informed on the issue of sex offenders attending church. The following articles will inform as to SDA policy and potentially challenge your thinking. http://www.pcsda.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Potomac-Conference-Convicted-Sex-Offenders-Church-Attendance-Policy-Solutions.pdf https://www.sneccomserv.org/ministries/child-protection/resource/sex-offenders-in-church https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/2013/09/sex-offenders-in-the-church https://adventistrisk.org/Adventist_Risk/media/ARMSiteContent/Safety%20Resources/English/GUIDE_SexOffendersInChurch_NADENG.pdf?ext=.pdf1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) 2 Timothy 1:12 ? For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Proverbs 13:21 Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repayed.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Job 11:14-15 If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles. For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear:1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Ecclesiastes 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.1 point -
SDA News & Comment
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
In this special post I will address Hurricane Ina and its effect on the SDA Church. However, this is a developing situation in which the facts are changing rapidly. As I evaluate, I believe that the full extent of damage is not known. I will also make a few comments in regard to the situation in the Ukraine. Hurricane Ina: Southern Union Conference: 9:20 AM October 4, 2022 Three SDA Churches have sustained significant damage. Reports are still coming in and the full extent is not known. Florida Conference: 1:10 PM October 3 Central Florida, no power otherwise limited damage? Some members have lost homes. No Church property known to be seriously damaged, some flooding. Southeastern Conference: Unable to determine. Gulf States Conference: 9;10 AM October 3 No known damage! Carolina Conference: 9:15 October 4 No significant damage On the Ukraine: President Putin is making some statements in regard to the use of nuclear weapons that are unclear as to his meaning. Nuclear weapons come in two categories—strategic and tactical I do not believe that President Putin is either threatening to use strategic nuclear weapons or that he would use them. I think that he probably would not use tactical nuclear weapons, but that such is not certain. The use of a nuclear weapon put radioactive particles into the air. Those particles may be carried hundreds and thousands of miles to be dropped in places far away. When I lived in South Korea, I received dust particles that came from the Gobi Desert in China. Radioactive particles resulting from a nuclear use in the Ukraine would likely be carried to NATO countries. If that were to be considered a military attack, under the NATO charter, the NATO countries would be required to defend all. I believe that in such a situation the NATO Countries would: 1) Attempt to sink every Russian ship in the combat area. 2) Attempt to destroy the Russian military forces on the ground in the combat area. This, of course would be an escalation of the war in a major way what would involve all NATO Countries to include the United States.1 point -
Religion in the U.S.
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
I will try to remember to look into it tomorrow.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Psalm 27:1 ⚡️ The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Psalm 4:8 ? I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Ezekiel 34:30 Thus shall they know that I the Lord their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord God.1 point -
History in the Baking: Latest Wedding Cake Decision Appealed to Supreme Court
phkrause reacted to Stan for a topic
First Liberty has petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to review an Oregon Court of Appeals decision that upheld the state-imposed punishment of bakery owners, Melissa and Aaron Klein. The post History in the Baking: Latest Wedding Cake Decision Appealed to Supreme Court appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV / Founders' First Freedom®. View the full article1 point -
History in the Baking: Latest Wedding Cake Decision Appealed to Supreme Court
phkrause reacted to Gregory Matthews for a topic
Thank you Stan. For further reading on this subject, I suggest: Wedding cakes: The following is a major religious liberty case that has the potential to address a number of issues. I am conflicted on some aspects of it and do not predict how the Court will rule. https://firstliberty.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/20220902084811937_USSC-PETITION.pdf NOTE: This is only a request that the Supreme Court will take the case. It has not yet decided whether or not to take it.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Proverbs 3:24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.1 point -
3 word devotional
phkrause reacted to Rahab for a topic
(N) Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.1 point