Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/11/2022 in all areas

  1. GHansen

    J H Kellogg & God's Nature

    A person's backside includes the buttocks but that's not what you said in your original remark. Several versions I consulted did not translate the word as buttocks. If someone says "Don't turn your back on me," normally that doesn't mean "Don't show me your buttocks." The word numbered 0268 that you say means "buttocks" is not translated as buttocks in the versions I have i.e. ESV, NRSV, ASV, ERV, KJV, LXX, WEB. Douay and others. The LXX doesn't translate it as buttocks, either. I find the idea that God having a buttocks was a fundamental truth of SDA that should be shared with the world, according to the general conference, hard to believe.
    1 point
  2. GHansen

    The Great Controversy

    Not sure what is wrong with being "anti catholic" unless it refers to hatred of individuals. I'm against the Papacy as an institution. Probably much of what EGW wrote about the papacy wanting to rule the world is correct. That doesn't mean that all RCs or every corner of Roman Catholicism is bad.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...