Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/25/2022 in all areas

  1. phkrause

    How old was earth BEFORE sin entered?

    That quick? Wow they could've held out for at least 2 weeks!! ?
    2 points
  2. Gregory Matthews

    Tom

    I First met Tom in probably 1959, possibly 1960. After that meeting, we parted and I followed him at a distance. Recently he and I reconnected. Tom presently has a ministry in which he on a regular (perhaps every day) writes short devotional statements. I will quote one of his recent posts at the end of this post. Tom is a unique person. His spiritual journey has had its twists and turns. But, over the many years, he has remained committed to our Lord Jesus Christ. I have decided to invite tom to join with us in posting his devotional comments. Tom does not get into discussions of doctrinal issues. He will not be debating with anyone here. I do not believe that he will make any kind of an extensive response to people who may challenge him on aspects of his understandings of God. He worships on a regular basis across some denominational boundaries. So, I am going to invite Tom to join us. IF any of you would like to welcome Tom, this thread will remain open for comment. The following is a statement from Tom: " My prayer is that the love of Jesus will shine through you and that everyone whose life you touch, whether near or far, will be blessed.
    1 point
  3. Gregory Matthews

    The Flu, COVID & RSV.

    Try this one: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-flu-rsv-symptoms-comparison-chart-rcna58523
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    The Respect For Marriage Act

    The Respect For Marriage Act is a law passed by Congress on November 16. The following link takes you to a NAD statement on that law. https://www.nadadventist.org/news/seventh-day-adventist-church-north-america-statement-us-congress-respect-marriage-act
    1 point
  5. Gregory Matthews

    Roman Catholic Priestly Order

    For a view on how the Roman Catholic Church administers priestly order, see the following: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pope-francis-ids-successor-to-conservative-providence-bishop/ar-AA14sQMR?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=e5896fbda8c44cb98b24e0ae31708597
    1 point
  6. Gregory Matthews

    The Flying Cat

    A specious object: In a news item today (November 23) a TSA Agent thought he saw a specious object in the suitcase and demanded the person open it up. It was opened, and there was the family cat! This was a surprise to the traveler.
    1 point
  7. ReturntoDar

    How old was earth BEFORE sin entered?

    Adam trained the vines with his own hands. Takes some time for vines and flowers to grow... Good point GHansen.
    1 point
  8. GHansen

    How old was earth BEFORE sin entered?

    This is the best quote that makes your point. "Days of innocence and joy is more than one day." Thanks for sharing that.
    1 point
  9. Ulunruh

    How old was earth BEFORE sin entered?

    Interesting question. It's one we don't really have an answer to so I guess any answer is basically a personal original! However, I think it was more than just a weekend. We read in Patriarchs and Prophets " God saw that a Sabbath was essential for man, even in Paradise. He needed to lay aside his own interests and pursuits for one day of the seven, that he might more fully contemplate the works of God and meditate upon His power" That seems to suggest to me, that they spent several Sabbaths laying aside their own pursuits and more fully contemplating God's works. On page 50 she gives another clue that Adam engaged in work prior to his fall. "In mental and physical activity Adam found one of the highest pleasures of his holy existence." On page 51 of PP she gives another idea that Adam and Eve spent time learning about scientific wonders of creation. Then if we turn to the book Great Controversy we can deduce a few more ideas on this matter: "Adam is reinstated in his first dominion. Transported with joy, he beholds the trees that were once his delight—the very trees whose fruit he himself had gathered in the days of his innocence and joy. He sees the vines that his own hands have trained, the very flowers that he once loved to care " GC548 From those descriptions it seems they were in the garden for a while. Long enough to explore a lot of the things God had made, long enough to train vines and probably design flower gardens. But not thousands of years, probably not even a dozen years, For one thing they didn't have any children in Eden, yet once expelled they had many sons and daughters. Cain being their first child.
    1 point
  10. phkrause

    Tom

    Tom, welcome to this forum and like Theophilus, I also look forward to reading your devotionals!!
    1 point
  11. Tom Durst

    Tom

    Gregory has done an excellent job of representing where I am in my spiritual journey. The SDA folks are like family to me even though I'm not currently a member. I probably feel more like home with them than any other community. I normally attend a SDA Church on Saturday and some other church on Sunday as I'm guided. My main focus is to encourage people to walk ever closer to our wonderful God. IIf my URL works as below read MY INTRODUCTION, TESTIMONY, and Article #1, WALKING IN CLOSE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD. http://www.tomdurst.com
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...