Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/11/2023 in all areas

  1. phkrause

    Israel

    Italian Jewish leader assails Israeli policies in speech attended by Netanyahu The head of an umbrella group for Italian Jews spoke out sharply Thursday against the Israeli government’s planned judicial overhaul, settler violence and societal disunity during a speech attended by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Rome. https://www.timesofisrael.com/italian-jewish-leader-assails-israeli-policies-in-speech-attended-by-netanyahu/
    1 point
  2. Gregory Matthews

    We Have Hope

    See: https://spectrummagazine.org/arts-essays/2021/we-have-hope
    1 point
  3. Stan

    The ox fell into the ditch..

    I had to take the site down for a few moments to do a fix.. all is well now. I think.
    1 point
  4. Rahab

    3 word devotional

    (N) Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
    1 point
  5. Rahab

    3 word devotional

    1 point
  6. news

    Israel, Jesus and the Church

    I apologize for a long period of silence on this blog. I have been involved in so many fresh writing and speaking project I just haven’t been able to dedicate time to one more thing that doesn’t have a deadline attached to it. With this blog today, I will share a summary of the revolutionary […] The post Israel, Jesus and the Church appeared first on Jon Paulien's Blog. View the full article
    1 point
  7. 8thdaypriest

    Michael the Archangel

    The name "Michael" means "like unto God." What created "angel" would take that name? None, I'm thinking. In many passages the "Angel of the LORD" speaks as Yehovah (as God). To Moses from the burning bush: Exodus 3:2-6 “And the Angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of the burning bush:”(v.4). “God [‘elohiym] called to him out of the midst of the bush,”(v.5). “Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.”(v.6). “I am the God of your father--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” The Angel of the LORD spoke to Abraham as Yehovah. To Abraham: Genesis 22:11 “But the Angel of the LORD [Yehovah] called to him from heaven and said, ‘Abraham, Abraham!’ And he said, ‘Here I am.’ And He said, ‘Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son your only son, from Me.’” Wrestled with Jacob: Hosea 12:3 Writing of Jacob and the Angel, Hosea says of Jacob, “He struggled with God.” Hosea 12:4 “He [Jacob] had power over the Angel and prevailed.” Genesis 31:10-13 Jacob said, “The Angel of God spoke to me in a dream saying, ‘I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed the pillar and where you made a vow to Me.’” Genesis 48:16 Jacob speaking: “the Angel which redeemed me from all evil bless the lads:” At the Exodus: Judges 2:1-2 [The Lord spoke to Israel through Phinehas, the High Priest] “And the Angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I swore unto Your fathers, and I said, I will never break My covenant with you.” .” . . but you have not obeyed My voice” (v.2). Isaiah 63:9 “In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the Angel of His presence saved them.” In the New Testament, the call of the Archangel raises the dead at the Glorious Return. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 “For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the Archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first;” RSV John 5:25 Yeshua said, “The dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God.” Put these two verses together. The “voice is the Son of God” IS the “Archangel’s call.” He IS the Archangel - the Chief Messenger - the Commander of angels. Certainly no one thinks that a created angel can raise the dead. Yeshua was/is the Father's Chief Messenger. Archangel just means Chief Messenger. There's LOTS, LOTS, LOTS more. I have absolutely no problem believing that Michael was the name of the Father's pre-incarnate Son.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...