Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/12/2023 in all areas

  1. Dr. Shane

    January 6 Insurrection

    I watched some of it but after the fact. I used to be a political junkie but then I started seeing how bad both sides are. I started writing a book about ten years ago about the damage politics does to our church. The book title is "A House Divided". I never finished it but I might someday. I put a lot of research into it and it is well cited. I think God had me put it down and when He thinks I am ready, He will encourage me to finish it. The premise isn't that politics are bad in and of themselves. It is simply the way we (members of the church) cherish certain partisan opinions and judge those that disagree, harms the church.
    1 point
  2. phkrause

    January 6 Insurrection

    I did watch some of it and really was impressed with Liz Chaney and Adam Kinsinger and what they gave up to be on the committee to do the right thing!! I knew that there still were some republicans and not all had given themselves up to being trumplicans!!
    1 point
  3. Dr. Shane

    Adventists & Easter

    I agree with all of this. I recently read an article that stated Easter eggs were introduced to Easter because of Catholics not eating meat during lent. In other words, eggs were a substitute for meat. Now, that almost sounds like something and Adventist would come up with.
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    Adventists & Easter

    I think it appropriate that SDA congregations, and pastors, acknowledge Easter by; * Have the congregational sermon on the Saturday just prior to Easter Sunday, focused on the events of Calvary. * SDA pastors participating with other clergy in a common Easter Sunday service. * Ignore alleged claims of pagan background. In my ministry as a SDA pastor and Federal chaplain, I have focused on the above.
    1 point
  5. Gustave

    Michael the Archangel

    Qumran Cave 1 / Hebrew / Isaiah 40, 3 "The voice of one who calls out, “Prepare the way of Yahweh in the wilderness! Make a level highway in the desert for our God." The KJV "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God." The Stone Edition Tanach "A voice calls out in the wilderness, 'Clear the way of Hashem, make a straight path in the desert, a road for our God" In this case the New Testament goes with the Greek and not the Hebrew. Hebrew 13, 6 "Hence we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid; what can man do to me?” Vs. Qumran Cave 4 / Hebrew / Psalm 118,6 "Yahweh is on my side. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Here again the NT quotes the LXX I'm wondering how many more of these I'm going to find.
    1 point
  6. phkrause

    Al Jaffee

    Al Jaffee, longtime Mad magazine cartoonist, dead at 102 https://apnews.com/article/al-jafee-mad-magazine-cartoonist-dies-f676fbeb190b44c8aa4abcb0daa5d571?
    0 points
  7. phkrause

    Mimi Sheraton

    Mimi Sheraton, pioneering food critic and scholar of the bialy, dies at 97 https://www.jta.org/2023/04/09/obituaries/mimi-sheraton-pioneering-food-critic-and-scholar-of-the-bialy-dies-at-97?
    0 points
  8. phkrause

    Tom Seaver

    Tom Seaver, the greatest Met of all time, dies at 75 https://fanrecap.com/tom-seaver-the-greatest-met-of-all-time-dies-at-75-2/?
    0 points
  9. phkrause

    Ben Ferencz

    (JTA) — Benjamin Ferencz, the last surviving member of the prosecuting team at the Nuremberg trials that convicted Nazi ringleaders for crimes against humanity, died Friday in Florida. He was 103. https://www.jta.org/2023/04/09/obituaries/benjamin-ferencz-the-last-surviving-prosecutor-of-nazis-at-nuremberg-dies-at-103?
    0 points
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...