Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/23/2023 in all areas

  1. Gregory Matthews

    SDA History

    SDA History: For those interested in SDA history, the following link take you to a reporter on a recent conference of SDA historians and it reports on upcoming articles on the presentations. https://spectrummagazine.org/views/2023/our-desk-history-and-healing
    1 point
  2. phkrause

    Toxic Families

    Thanks for clarifying that!! ?
    1 point
  3. Dr. Shane

    Potomac Conference Cancels Conservative Speaker

    There are some toxic websites out that that claim to support the Advent message. I won't name names but I have seen them from both ends of the spectrum (no pun intended). Some are so legalistic they criticize the church as being too compassionate with sinners. Others promote easy grace so much that they are critical of the church for upholding standards. From the way I see it, the devil doesn't care if you thirst to death or drowned. The devil wants us to be at one extreme or the other. Moderating a website that tries to support the organized SDA church can be challenging.
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    Potomac Conference Cancels Conservative Speaker

    We allow considerable freedom of expression in this website. We will continue to do so. I removed a link to a website that goes beyond what we wish to allow. Any who come here are free to visit that website. But, we do not intend to post here material that may be found on that website. I have allowed, in the past, some vailed references to material on that website. But, the material that I removed from this website went far beyond what we wish to allow here. It should be noted that I visit that website often enough that I am aware when references to it are made in this website. We consider our mission to be different that what seems to be the mission of that website. So, we will continue to maintain our standards for material posted here and those of you who wish for something different may visit that website and have your needs met.
    1 point
  5. Dr. Shane

    Potomac Conference Cancels Conservative Speaker

    I know of a simular situation, also with a so-called "conservative" speaker. It occurred here in Texas. I was a member of the church board. In that case, the Texas Conference did not tell us we could not allow the speaker to speak. I am not sure they have the authority to do that. However, they officially discouraged us from allowing him to speak. We had a board meeting and agreed to follow the Conference recommendation. I will say that I do not like labels of "conservative" or "liberal." I think more descriptive labels are better like one that spreads conspiracy theories, anti-trinitarian, anti-vaxxer, legalistic, doesn't believe in the Spirit of Prophecy, believes the church has become Babylon, etc. I heard Steven Bohr preach a few years ago. I don't recall his message but I do recall being disappointed. I had hoped to hear someone more inspiring. I was at an event where I was running a booth to promote Adventist Recovery Ministries.
    1 point
  6. Theophilus

    Potomac Conference Cancels Conservative Speaker

    Wow!! Stephen Bohr is a fantastic speaker. It was Secrets Unsealed that brought me back into the church.. They can't even sit through plain teaching.
    1 point
  7. Gregory Matthews

    SDA Church?

    The SDA Church: What is it? For a challenging article see the following link. https://atoday.org/the-church-love-it-or-leave-it-2/
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...