Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/11/2023 in all areas

  1. Gregory Matthews

    Some Good Points

    The following article scores some good points. https://spectrummagazine.org/news/2023/marking-pride-month-lgbtq-news-around-adventism
    1 point
  2. Gregory Matthews

    Disagreement & God

    Religious Disagreement: For an interesting perspective on God and religious disagreement, see the following link to an interesting article. https://atoday.org/disagreement-is-gods-plan/
    1 point
  3. Gregory Matthews

    Disagreement & God

    One of the critical things that I learned from Dr Horn was the idea that while objective facts are important, an analysis of those facts may be just as important or even more important than the objective facts. This applies to all areas of study. I will illustrate from the area of Dr. Horn's field of study. * You discover an ancient clay plate that has embedded in it some Egyptian hieroglyphs. Your plate is an objective fact. * First you are going to need a trained scholar to decipher those hieroglyphs. That is beyond you. Absent the scholar telling you the meaning of those hieroglyphs, you have little of value. * Next you are going to have to analyze that plate and the and what you have been told the hieroglyphs say. In your analysis, you may arrive at one meaning, while your friend may arive at another meaning. Both of your are hones. But, issues are not always clear-cut. * Sometimes the meaning that someone might give to that place would be clearly stupid. I could give you names of people who have their analysis rejected because it is simply stupid. But, I am not here to cite names. Sometimes honest people simply see things from different perspectives. Bur, each has valid reasons for the positions that they take. Life is not always so simple tha there is only one answer for an honest person. All of us may have inherent bias in our thought processes. * Perhaps this is going on in our current discussions in this forum. * But, that is O. K. This forum exists to foster civil discussions of issues of interest.
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    Disagreement & God

    One of my Seminary professors was Siegfried H.; Horn. The following article about contains some fundamental rules that are important. See his 6-rules at the end of the article. Consider how they might be adapted for discussions outside of his area of knowledge. https://www.andrews.edu/services/research/faculty_research/horn_award/siegfried-horn.html NOTE: I am considering writing more about this.
    1 point
  5. Gustave

    Disagreement & God

    Well, I was in need of reading that as I'm guilty of being so dead set on certain things. That was a good article that made some great points.
    1 point
  6. Gregory Matthews

    Time

    The years have passed: Sixty years ago, I graduated from college Thirty years ago, I retired from the U.S. Army.
    1 point
  7. Daryl

    Evangelism & The Great Controversy

    EGW did say that there were some errors in D&R, however, she still recommended it.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...