Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/01/2023 in all areas

  1. phkrause

    Alzheimer's Disease

    Inflammation May Increase Dementia Risk, New Study Finds In the realm of health and wellness, inflammation has long been a topic of interest due to its potential implications for various diseases. Recently, a new UK study has further established a link between inflammation and an increased risk of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease. This groundbreaking research has shed light on the role of inflammation in cognitive decline, providing valuable insights that could pave the way for improved prevention and treatment strategies. https://healthlifeguru.com/inflammation-may-increase-dementia-risk-new-study-finds/?
    1 point
  2. karl

    Haiti

    I would have been really frustrated, had I been in his shoes. To have traveled all that way and to have wasted so much time and available manpower would have bugged me half to death.
    1 point
  3. Dr. Shane

    Inborn Prejudice

    I will be taking the class Counseling The Culturally Diverse this Fall semester. I purchased the textbook already and began to read it. It reminded me of a story from about fifteen years ago. I interviewed for a job in Atlanta. I flew into the airport and took the subway to the location of the job interview. When I got on the subway, I noticed everyone was black. I was the only not-black person. Immediately I felt unsafe. Almost as quickly as I felt unsafe, I told myself not to be silly. I told myself over half the folks on that subway were probably in church every Sunday morning. I found an empty seat and sat down. I struck up a conversation with a middle-age black man. I quickly learned he was a bivocational pastor. He supported his family by working as a plumber while also pastoring a church. We inherit certain cultural beliefs from our family, society and group of friends we grow up in. Everyone does regardless what race, religion or ethnic group they are. Although my children are half Hispanic and half white, they both look very white. My son was the only "white" child in his class and he was harassed for years by the other children. The labeled him a white n#####r. They teased him terribly. He used to come home crying and tell me it was all my fault that he was white. Every person of every race has certain prejudices that are "inborn". It takes effort to examine ourselves and look for our racist tendencies. Some fear to even look for them.
    0 points
  4. phkrause

    Paul Reubens

    Pee-wee Herman actor and creator Paul Reubens dies from cancer at 70 https://apnews.com/article/pee-wee-herman-paul-reubens-dead-616484f62a62c4ac3e0cc46b02376dd8?
    0 points
  5. phkrause

    Louise Levy

    Louise Levy, ‘supercentenarian’ subject of longevity study among Ashkenazi Jews, dies at 112 https://www.jta.org/2023/07/28/obituaries/louise-levy-supercentenarian-subject-of-longevity-study-among-ashkenazi-jews-dies-at-112?
    0 points
  6. Hanseng

    Richard Barancik

    Last of the "Monuments Men." Richard Barancik, last of the ‘Monuments Men’ who recovered art and treasure looted by the Nazis, dies at 98 - Jewish Telegraphic Agency (jta.org)
    0 points
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...