Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/22/2023 in all areas

  1. Gregory Matthews

    Stephen Bohr

    I have discussed this issue with Stan. We are in agreement. We do not wish for this forum to become a discussion of Fulcrum 7 articles--either for or against. Any who want to discuss such can do so on the Fulcrum 7 website.
    1 point
  2. Gregory Matthews

    Stephen Bohr

    In this forum, we allow considerable freedom of civil discussion. That includes much with which we who operate it disagree with. However, we have always had limits. Some of you have experienced that in private conversations. Some have voluntarily stopped posting here because they did not want to comply with our limits. Others have had their ability to post here removed. With the exception of those who have attempted to post porn, and commercialize their posts, those have been extremely few. Fulcrum 7 exists. People read its posts, as I do at times. I do not want to criticize either it, or the people who post there. Its purpose appears to differ in some manner with the purpose of this forum. If we were to allow considerable duplication of its posts in this forum, we would have to allow significant criticism of them. I do not want that type of discussion to happen in this forum. My position is that we should let Fulcrum 7 be what it is and we will be what we are. I am aware that some of our members also are active on some levels in Fulcrum 7. I am fine with that. They have expressed their opinions in post here in this forum that abide by our standards. Yes, I cite both Adventist Today and Spectrum. But, you should be aware that I only reference a small subset of what is posted on those websites. I also cite from the Review and a number of standard SDA publications. But, my citations consist of a small part of what they publish. The bottom line is: Fulcrum 7, is doing ministry as it understands it to be ministry. Our ministry in this forum is seen differently. We welcome those who wish to participate in this ministry as we understand it. Those who have some differences in their understanding of ministry are welcome to contribute to the ministry of Fulcrum 7.
    1 point
  3. Hanseng

    Froom and Arianism

    Probably false testimony or ill informed. I heard a lot of falsehoods in Adventism too. Perhaps you remember Jim Arrabito. He said L.E. Froom was a Jesuit. I went to the heritage room at PUC, found the obituary for Froom's family members in old SDA publications. Benjamin Wilkinson seemed to have started the rumors about Jesuit infiltration. One of his books includes a story about a Jesuit at Union College. The infiltrator supposedly just disappeared once he was discovered. Never identified, it should have been easy to unmask him. Not many religion professors at SDA colleges simply disappear. Wilkinson wrote at least 2 books, one on church history, one on the KJV. I read these books like gospel, believed the great SDA/Jesuit conspiracy. Then it occurred to me that SDA "scholars" pose more/ as much danger to the gospel as do the Jesuits. In one book, Truth Triumphant, Wilkinson states that the Council of Trent was dominated by Jesuits (p 308). Oxford church historian Alister McGrath said that there were only 2 Jesuits at the Council of Trent. There were 29-34 Franciscans, 7-9 Dominicans and between 4 and 14 Augustinians (Iustitia Dei, 320). There were assorted others, all more than the number of Jesuits. How could 2 individuals have dominated so many other groups, in view of the fact that there was of conflict between those orders? If I remember correctly, it was the Dominicans who got the Jesuits expelled from China and contributed to their troubles with the pope. Of course, some would respond that Oxford is controlled by Jesuits and McGrath is a puppet. You are capable of more honorable pursuits, Rahab.
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    Froom and Arianism

    So, Rahab, give us the source of your information as to his entry into the SDA Church, so we can check it out. Here is a website from which Rahab may have gotten her information that she aleges about Froom. https://www.jetsoflight.org/leroy-froom-freemason-grave-jesuit-connection/#Leroy Froom’S Freemason Grave Site NOTE: I do not consider this to be creditable. I knew his son very well, as the son was once my boss. Froom was a strong SDA.
    1 point
  5. Hanseng

    Froom and Arianism

    He was born and raised in the SDA church. His father was one of the early SDA physicians connected to the Battle Creek church.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...