Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/18/2023 in all areas

  1. Dr. Shane

    Little Light Studios

    I have appreciated the work Little Light Studios does for many years. I have not seen everything they produce, but I believe I have been blessed by the majority of what I have seen. I was a follower of them on a social media outlet. Earlier this year they came out with, what I believe is a very misleading video about The Chosen. I wrote a post here evaluating the video piece by piece. For a while, their anti-Chosen video was popular on social media and I would post a link to my commentary here (Club Adventist) in the comments area of the link to their video whenever I saw it posted. It turns out, I have been removed from the followers of their social media page. That is a first for me I think. One of their administrators must have went into their list of followers, did a search for my name, and then removed me from their followers. I guess I got someone's attention. I take no issue with doctrinal disagreement. We are all different. We have different histories, families and many of us are even from different cultures. We simply are not going to see everything the same way. What most concerns me isn't doctrinal differences but rigidness. When I see a lack of humility which results in rigidness, that is what concerns me far more than doctrinal differences. Most of the videos I have seen produced by Little Light Studios are a total blessing. I think it just goes to show that none of us are not without errors. I do a lot of ministry work but, there are probably things I have done in ministry that were in error. It hurts, but when someone points out those errors to me, I hope with a little time I can be grateful to them for it.
    1 point
  2. phkrause

    The search is on for a new House Speaker

    Revenge of the moderates After spending years in Congress as a thorn in the side of GOP leadership, Rep Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) finally got a taste of what it's like trying to cobble together an unruly majority. Why it matters: The founding Freedom Caucus co-chair came closer to the speakership than many could have imagined, but he still fell 20 votes short of what he needed — matching former Speaker Kevin McCarthy's (R-Calif.) worst ballot during January's historic 15-round election. This time, though, it was an eclectic coalition of Biden-district Republicans, institutionalists, McCarthy allies and other assorted rebels who stood in the way — not the usual gang of conservative hardliners. All 212 Democrats, meanwhile, remained united in support of House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), who has received the most votes in 12 of the 16 speaker ballots held this Congress. State of play: Jordan is staying in the fight but has delayed the second ballot until 11 am ET tomorrow, after initially telling reporters he planned to hold it this evening. The delay will give Jordan a chance to keep whipping votes — and also hand more time to Fox News and conservative influencers to continue to carry out an aggressive pressure campaign against the holdouts. But that tactic could easily backfire: "The millisecond anybody tries to intimidate me is the moment I no longer have flexibility," said Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.), who voted for House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.). "I have no intention of moving." Between the lines: Jordan isn't working with an unlimited timetable like McCarthy was, with some Republicans speculating he may be bleeding support between ballots. "Let's see what happens," Rep. Maria Salazar (R-Fla.) told Axios of her plans on the second ballot after voting for Jordan. "No one really knows." One House Republican who spoke on the condition of anonymity predicted Jordan will pick up "not more than 5-7" of his detractors on the second vote — which would still put him short of the gavel. What we're hearing: Bipartisan discussions about how to end the two-week speaker vacancy are growing in seriousness, given the very real concern no candidate can obtain 217 Republican votes, Axios' Andrew Solender reports. Jeffries told reporters today there have been "informal conversations" he hopes "will accelerate this evening," given the sizable bloc of opposition Jordan faced in his first public test today. All eyes are on Speaker Pro Tempore Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.). He views his role as constrained to electing a new speaker, but centrists in both parties have pushed to empower him to oversee legislative business.
    1 point
  3. Rahab

    3 word devotional

    Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    Michael Czechowski

    Michael Czechowski is an often little known, but important figure in SDA history. For a brief telling of his story, see: https://adventistreview.org/magazine-article/michael-czechowski/
    1 point
  5. phkrause

    Joanna Merlin

    Actress and teacher Joanna Merlin, original Tzeitel in Broadway’s ‘Fiddler,’ dies at 92 (JTA) — Joanna Merlin, a famed acting coach and casting director who early in her career as an actress created the role of Tevye’s daughter Tzeitel in the original Broadway production of “Fiddler on the Roof,”died Sunday in Los Angeles. She was 92. https://www.jta.org/2023/10/16/obituaries/actress-and-teacher-joanna-merlin-original-tzeitel-in-broadways-fiddler-dies-at-92?
    0 points
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...