Woody Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 I really doubt if that is my friend Bonnie posting under another name.. I do welcome Delta to the forum... all the best.. Oh Yes Stan. Whoever Delta is ... She is welcome. No doubt about that. Welcome Delta. We look forward to hearing your views on Topics. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Taylor Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 Well Delta, yes I must say you are welcomed. I must also say that I hope you haven't been offended while you are here. I find that often it is hard to know what people are really trying to say, or what tone of voice they are using when you just see type without any visible or audio to go with it. But we are happy you have joined! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Quote
olger Posted December 24, 2007 Author Posted December 24, 2007 GYC is now over, and it was a great experience, beyond the opinion of those who weren't there. regards, oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
olger Posted December 24, 2007 Author Posted December 24, 2007 Hi Delta. I'm glad you're here as well. Your fresh perspective might be more accurate than those who are clouded by familiarity (like myself). oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Woody Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 GYC is now over, and it was a great experience, beyond the opinion of those who weren't there. regards, oG Olger ... some of us watched on TV. I am sure that our opinions are not as valid because we would not have been able to experience the same feelings. But I hope you would not want to discredit the personal experience that we had. In the end ... it is just a matter of opinion. And since we are all so different ... I am sure there will be a wide variety of opinions. I think there is room for all. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 Quote: diplomatic words carefully, nicely and 'lovely' Quote: that your diplomatic, nice and lovely words Ok Neil ... Are you out there. Where are you when I need you? What do you discern of this description? There has to be something gone wrong with me. Or have I been defamed? For ... this sure doesn't sound like the person I thought I was like. I sure hope I am not this delightful diplomatic description. Let me dangle this out there for you ... Have all of you decided that I am this lovely type of person? What has gone wrong? What have I done? Am I deluded or dense? But to be accused of being diplomatic is the ultimate degradation. Do I deserve this? Neil ... I am calling on you for help. Can you help change me from these depths? I am not sure why I decided on you. But do you have any experience in the conversion from being diplomatic to being dogmatic? And I don't mean this as a slam to dogs. I have one myself. Anyway ... can you help diversify my image Neil? I am at your disposal. I am not demanding this delightful diplomatic description be dispensed with immediately. I do want to display discretion in a deliberate manner as soon it can be dictated to me. I am determined that nothing will detract me. If anyone is having trouble understanding my "nice lovely words" then perhaps it would serve you better to dabble in a different dacylogical form. Either way ... I do hope you can help me. But for now this has been far to daffing for me. So I will let sleeping dogs lie. Let me declare that I hope that all this has not caused any dacryorrhea among any of you because of this disastrous diplomatic decorum. I will now discharge myself with what little discourse that has been discharged up to now and pray this dispatch is not to disorderly. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Neil D Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 Quote: Ok Neil ... Are you out there. Where are you when I need you? What do you discern of this description? There has to be something gone wrong with me. Or have I been defamed? For ... this sure doesn't sound like the person I thought I was like. I sure hope I am not this delightful diplomatic description. Let me dangle this out there for you ... Have all of you decided that I am this lovely type of person? Ok, I saw this and I am replying... I take it that you don't like being "diplomatic" or using "diplomatic words". What's wrong with that??? Shoot, I count it a total pleasure in using diplomatic words...diplomacy is a creative way of saying things that the crude or lazy person would never be able to say in such a pleasent mannor. In fact, Rdw, I would count it a joy to be named a 'diplomate'. And you do know what the PRACTICAL definition of a diplomate is don'tcha? It's the ability to tell someone to go to that other hot place.. and make him/her very happy to go there ... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Stan Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 Can this get back to GYC? How was that experience? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Woody Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 Can this get back to GYC? How was that experience? Stan ... I am not allowed to express what my experience was. That is what got this whole attack on my being started. If you tow the line and like a certain message ... you are fine. If you have a brain and try to determine what you feel is something that you can agree with ... then you are determined to be a rebel and condemned. If is interesting that when the topic turned to me and the personal attacks were prevelant ... no mention of getting back to the topic. But when Neil and I have some light hearted ... nonpersonal fun ... it is time to "get back to the topic". But like I say ... it is only for those who have a specific opinion about the conference. Can't have any divergent thought. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 Thanks Neil. I do so enjoy your light hearted approach. But we have been asked to leave it to those before us who have "good" thought about GYC ... or else "bad" thoughts about Redwood. So, as you were folks .... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted December 24, 2007 Administrators Posted December 24, 2007 ...rather like talking to oneself... :R Tom Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Woody Posted December 24, 2007 Posted December 24, 2007 You may have something there Tom. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted December 25, 2007 Author Posted December 25, 2007 Hello friend Stan. I had a rather uplifting experience at the airport last evening. I'll share it tomorrow. Lord bless, oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
olger Posted December 25, 2007 Author Posted December 25, 2007 David Shin is an excellent speaker. His friday night message is worth hearing by anyone. On Sunday, the new officers for GYC were chosen. Sam Pipim and Chester Clark III were asked to address them. It was really a good service. Justin McNielus is now the president of GYC. 23-Year old bank manager, he is committed to the Lord, outreach, and the mighty Advent message. When Sam handed him the mike on stage and asked him to say a few words, he stood there for a poignant moment speechless. Then he handed the mike back to Sam. He couldn't speak for a while. Finally he did and gave a short but meaningful talk from the heart. Then they asked brother Jay Gallimore to pray for them and he did. Onward, oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
there buster Posted December 25, 2007 Posted December 25, 2007 Quote: Sam Pipim. . . . Jay Gallimore Are you sure it was them? Quote “the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell
Stan Posted December 25, 2007 Posted December 25, 2007 ...rather like talking to oneself... :R Tom I have had the same experience several times... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Moderators james423 Posted December 25, 2007 Moderators Posted December 25, 2007 It must have been a good gathering because from what we here at Laurelbrook hear the devil mounted a fierce attack. 1. A student teacher from Ouchita Hills College who has been with us for a semester now wound up in the hospital with severe breathing problems and general paralysis. Last we heard he was able to move his hands and feet a little. It hit me because he lives next door, and I am also in charge (from Laurelbrook's end) of his teaching experience here. 2. A group of students from the same school were traveling home (the school is currently on Christmas break, I believe) when they got caught in this tremendous storm system sweeping the United States and had a wreck. One of them was killed. I don't know if all this news is current and accurate, but it came to Laurelbrook via a couple of our students canvassing in Memphis with Ouchita Hills students. Quote James Brenneman
Woody Posted December 26, 2007 Posted December 26, 2007 Quote: Sam Pipim. . . . Jay Gallimore Are you sure it was them? You're right Ich. I think he must have been dreaming. I didn't think those two were even there let alone being in any kind of leadership. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted December 27, 2007 Author Posted December 27, 2007 Sam Pipim was one of the presenters. Jay Galimore was as well. In post 148142, I mentioned this. Apparently you have confused me with another individual. I forgive you as Christ hath forgiven me. all the best, oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Woody Posted December 27, 2007 Posted December 27, 2007 Thank you for proving our point Olger. Apparently you have been confused. Ich and I were referring to a previous post by someone other than your esteemed self. It was you that was confused about who you were not us. Were you actually there or was it an imposter? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted December 28, 2007 Author Posted December 28, 2007 I am beside myself. oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Taylor Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 ROFL Olger...so you since you are beside yourself...you have a split personality" ? (All in good fun..not meant to be a jab of any kind) Quote
olger Posted December 28, 2007 Author Posted December 28, 2007 large grin :) Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Planey Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 I am beside myself. The Diabolical Duo ... Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Woody Posted December 28, 2007 Posted December 28, 2007 Originally Posted By: olger I am beside myself. The Diabolical Duo ... TOM ... Where are you? YOU win the prize. You were right about Olger. I rather liked the Duo ... I hope they don't disappear. They sure did provide us with entertainment. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.