Jump to content
ClubAdventist

EGW and unions


Recommended Posts

Posted

How would you like it if your job was being deleted from the job market? Would you not want some form of compensation to help get retrain so that you can be current in the market? Neil

Excellent point!

It's human nature...no one cares until it hits home. As long as I have my job I can rail against the evil union and even use the infallible EGW for my backup. Surely EGW wasn't on the side of exploitation?

Perhaps the unions in her day had issues? I don't know I wasn't there. Perhaps unions in the future will be problematic? Does that mean there's nothing good with unions now? I don't think so.

Again, too many SDA go to the fallible EGW for their doctrines. They are lazy at best. It's called brown nosing...."Hey God, look I'm with EGW." Think folks....EGW wasn't given to replace using your head!

Rob

  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Robert

    10

  • Woody

    9

  • Neil D

    6

  • Bravus

    6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Sadly, I have seen and heard of too many examples of Christian (not just Adventist) employers that use the absence of unions among their staff as an excuse for some less-than-Christian behaviour and treatment

Yes, how true it is. I have seen treatment in or schools where in the real workplace, that person would have been sued in a heartbeat but it is allowed to go on in our schools.

The conference doesn't do anything mostly leaving the probems in the hands of the school board. Well, the school board was the problem! I've seen careers virtually destroyed, names slandered and abominable injustices go on in our system.

Familiarity breeds contempt' is apt. You go to church, you rub shoulders with the parents and kids at church. Kids begin to think that they give you your paycheck and can treat you how they want. Parents think the same thing. Professionalism is left at the door.

No, I don't fault anybody who wants to join a union anymore.

Our church sure needs one.

Posted

Quote:
No, I don't fault anybody who wants to join a union anymore.

Our church sure needs one.

Please ... our church is SO top heavy with all it's unions. We could save mega bucks if we did away with our unions. We are up to our necks in unions. It will squeeze us to death.

And what good do we get from our unions?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Quote:
No, I don't fault anybody who wants to join a union anymore.

Our church sure needs one.

Please ... our church is SO top heavy with all it's unions. We could save mega bucks if we did away with our unions. We are up to our necks in unions. It will squeeze us to death.

And what good do we get from our unions?

Hold on, Red. I'm not talking about the 'Northwest Union' and 'Mid-America Union' or 'Canadian Union' conferences.

I'm talking about having different labor unions that protect a specific aspect of those who are employed by our conferences. Theoretically, the official Unions are supposed to have a hand in making sure abuses and unfair treatment don't occur, but that is rarely the case and in some instances, they are the problem.

Posted
thumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...