GreatLakesGramma Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 That's good Cosmin. I almost thought you were implying that older people are ugly or something. Like maybe I should feel hurt. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Neil D Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Yeah, the older you get, the younger teens and young adults look. What are YOU trying to say, here GLG? Just how old ARE you???? Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 I'm not the one that said that girl looked too young to have pierced ears. Actually, what I said wasn't quite true. For me, it was most pronounced when I visited my old high school 10 years after I had graduated. Those high school kids looked REALLY young then. I've adjusted my expectations since then, and they really don't look any younger to me than they did 10 years ago. And in case it gave you a mistaken impression, I found my first white hair when I was in high school. And no, I didn't pull it out. I have never pulled out a single one, and I would clobber anyone who had the audacity to try to pull one of mine. I LIKE my salt and pepper hair. Women pay good money to have their hair highlighted, so that it looks almost the same as mine. I get mine free. And unlike the stereotypical female, I am not ashamed of my age. I am delighted to be over 50 (54 to be exact). I like the age I am. I am enjoying life a lot more than I did when I was 30, or 40. (Of course, if I LOOKED like what most people think of 50+ looking like, I might feel differently.) (Um, no I PROBABLY would.) Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Neil D Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 I just didn't want to be informed that you were 150 years old and were telling us that 50 year olds were looking like teenagers..... ....yah.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 I hate moving icons ... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Hey ... we need the young people on the banner so that I will feel comfortable and be willing to stay. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
LifeHiscost Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost And how old is the guy in the backpack? Look closer LHC, it isn't a back pack after all, it is a car door.(Aubrey pointed it out to me) OK! How old is the guy on the TV screen on the car door in the back pack. Or is that, what was that Redwood said. But I forgot, this thread is about those over 18 who have a right to pierce their ears. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Now I am all confused. What are we talking about? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Neil D Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 I hate moving icons ... Why? Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 I am not going to look at "forum sex". How dare you post that .... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Oh Whoops ... I think maybe you meant forums-ex not forum-sex. You need to be more careful Neil. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Liz Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 OK! How old is the guy on the TV screen on the car door in the back pack. Or is that, what was that Redwood said. But I forgot, this thread is about those over 18 who have a right to pierce their ears. I don't know how old he is, I think someone here said that if you counted his ear hair you would get his age. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Liz Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 I am not going to look at "forum sex". How dare you post that .... Where??!?!?! Where?!?!?!? Liz misses all the fun. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
LifeHiscost Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 And in case it gave you a mistaken impression, I found my first white hair when I was in high school. And no, I didn't pull it out. I have never pulled out a single one, and I would clobber anyone who had the audacity to try to pull one of mine. I LIKE my salt and pepper hair. Women pay good money to have their hair highlighted, so that it looks almost the same as mine. I get mine free. And unlike the stereotypical female, I am not ashamed of my age. I am delighted to be over 50 (54 to be exact). I like the age I am. I am enjoying life a lot more than I did when I was 30, or 40. (Of course, if I LOOKED like what most people think of 50+ looking like, I might feel differently.) (Um, no I PROBABLY would.) Let the good times roll!!! The perks get better. Ten percent off in many restaurants after a certain age. And all the younger working get to pay for all the bailouts. Well, not all. There will be plenty debt left over for great, great great, great great great, great great great great, adinfinitum, children. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost OK! How old is the guy on the TV screen on the car door in the back pack. Or is that, what was that Redwood said. But I forgot, this thread is about those over 18 who have a right to pierce their ears. I don't know how old he is, I think someone here said that if you counted his ear hair you would get his age. As far as the male of the species is concerned, someone told me (a female) that men never lose their hair. They just grow it in different places. Makes it more difficult to count the ear hair. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 That was the point of the banner to attract young people. Harumph!! And just how old must us young people be, before we are attractive__er, I mean attracted to this forum. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Neil D Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood I am not going to look at "forum sex". How dare you post that .... Where??!?!?! Where?!?!?!? Liz misses all the fun. Uh huh....You know, when someone mentions sex, it does't look good for you when you are asking "where?" Liz, PLEASE, be a bit more circumspect...After all, this IS a family BBS..... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 And look who is talkin' ... the very one who posted the 'forumsex' link. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Planey Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 I have never pulled out a single one Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Members phkrause Posted March 6, 2009 Members Posted March 6, 2009 Good point GLG pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 You really should be more respectful of your betters elders, then, eh? (like me for example...) Sure Planey, just as soon as you earn it. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Let the good times roll!!! The perks get better. Ten percent off in many restaurants after a certain age. I already get senior discount at the Adventist Book Center, and the bread outlet store. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Administrators Gail Posted March 6, 2009 Administrators Posted March 6, 2009 That's worth some respect right there! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Nan Posted March 6, 2009 Moderators Posted March 6, 2009 And on this general topic....some years ago I was at a certain venue when the guy was trying to insist I qualified for a seniors card, I was at least 5 years too early and NOT impressed!!! Age wise I do qualify now (beating you GLG ) but still working full time so I do not get one. Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 You mean in Australia you only get it if you're retired?!! Bummer! Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.