Woody Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 His concern was not manhood or womanhood, but in what Adam did for the whole race, he was able to do for the whole race. In that Adam (the couple) was able to sin and propagate sinners, Christ was able to reverse and provide the end of sin for all who follow him. Its more about holiness which produces wholeness . Good one there Mick. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
wayfinder Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Which race would that be? Adam and Eve were to demonstrate obedience and failed. Jesus was to demonstrate obedience and triumphed. We are to demonstrate obedience like Jesus did, because we want to be like Him. Quote
mickbaker Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Can we go back... Anyone born of a woman (even a sinful woman) born under the sun (Ecclesiates) would be born under the law. I believe Jesus could have sinned, but made the choice not to do so. Am i a heretic? Or am I saved by my will? Jesus being the second Adam, gave me a chance which I could never have had prior. He let me choose His life rather than my own as the basis for my redemption. Quote Our Sanctuary:Jesus
mickbaker Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Choosing his life is the will action that allows me to take His name, His deeds, His life as my credit. I stand at judgement for His merits, not mine. Quote Our Sanctuary:Jesus
Woody Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Can we go back...Anyone born of a woman (even a sinful woman) born under the sun (Ecclesiates) would be born under the law. I believe Jesus could have sinned, but made the choice not to do so. Am i a heretic? Or am I saved by my will? Jesus being the second Adam, gave me a chance which I could never have had prior. He let me choose His life rather than my own as the basis for my redemption. Yes. And we all have that choice to make. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
mickbaker Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 My only willful act that counts for anything is to choose Jesus. Then, if I am submitted to Him, live His life. Gal 2:16 Quote Our Sanctuary:Jesus
wayfinder Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Can you show me where Jesus taught this credit idea and don't say John 3:16, because that would be cut and paste and totaly out of context. Quote
Woody Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 If you need a credit card .... see Shane for some advice. That is if you want to hear ALL sides. I would not personally recommend his advice. I just thought you might like to hear it. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
mickbaker Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Someone mentioned Rom5:12... The conclusion of that same argument is found in vs 18, which states even so by the righteousness of one (the I AM = Christ)the free gift (translated eternal life in my view) came upon all men unto justification. He stands before the mercy seat, pleading His blood. What can I plead as I one day stand before that throne for my judgment? My works? Quote Our Sanctuary:Jesus
wayfinder Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 This is Paul's teaching. I want you to show me where Christ taught this. Quote
Woody Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Oh Brother ... not this again. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
mickbaker Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Someone mentioned Rom5:12... The conclusion of that same argument is found in vs 18, which states even so by the righteousness of one (the I AM = Christ)the free gift (translated eternal life in my view) came upon all men unto justification. He stands before the mercy seat, pleading His blood. What can I plead as I one day stand before that throne for my judgment? My works? Quote Our Sanctuary:Jesus
wayfinder Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Would you prefer it if I agreed with everyone? I am just trying to make it interesting. Richard, it must be after one in the morning over there. Redwood, good to here from you. Quote
mickbaker Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 I'm sorry, did I miss that Paul was a follower of Christ, and taught as His spokesman? What is your issue here? Luke 15:7 is the same conclusion, in Jesus words "Joy in Heaven over one sinner that repents..." Quote Our Sanctuary:Jesus
mickbaker Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 repentance metanoia a change of mind. We who are worldly need to see from Christ's eyes what it means to be free John 10:10 Quote Our Sanctuary:Jesus
wayfinder Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Mickbaker, I can not say it any better than Christ, here are his words. John 3:19-21 "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. "For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. "But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God." Re 3:21 `He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. John 8:31,32 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." Quote
wayfinder Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Paul says he was an apostle of Christ, but we only have his word on that. We also have his protege Luke to offer support to his claim. My challange is simple. In total, show that Paul's salvation theology is the same as the Son of God's. Show where Paul's teaching is the same as what the Son of God taught. Quote
mickbaker Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 It is truly a blessing to have encouraging forums on Sabbath to seek Him through His Word. Quote Our Sanctuary:Jesus
Members phkrause Posted September 5, 2009 Members Posted September 5, 2009 Redwood here is the Jewish bibles translation of the Hebrew to English: Genesis 5:2. "Male and female He created them, and He blessed them, and He named them man (Adam) on the day they were created." So according to the original Hebrew God called them "man" which means "Adam". I thought that was rather interesting. Also look in the SDA Bible commentary Vol. 8 pg. 16 under the heading "Adam", its also interesting. I'm pretty sure you have this book? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted September 5, 2009 Posted September 5, 2009 Thanks pk. I looked that up and it was very interesting. IT appears that there are several meanings to Adam. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted September 5, 2009 Members Posted September 5, 2009 Yes Redwood, the problem's that I see when reading different translation's of the original Hebrew Bible is, if we don't know Hebrew or Greek (which the Rabbi's had translated the Bible from Hebrew), we really don't know what some of the words meant or stood for to them. I think that the name or word "Adam" is a good example. How many realized that Adam really meant male and female? And that Adam was the man's name also? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators John317 Posted September 5, 2009 Moderators Posted September 5, 2009 Jesus said, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3: 14, 15. "Most assuredly, I say to you,he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." John 5: 24. "If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority." John 7: 17 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." John 7: 38 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." John 10: 27, 28. "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John 11: 25, 26. "Did I not say to you that if you would believe, you would see the glory of God?" John 11: 40. "And I, if I am lifted up [crucified] from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself." John 12: 32. "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13: 35. "These things are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name." John 20: 31. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.