LifeHiscost Posted September 19, 2009 Posted September 19, 2009 Thank you, PK. Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Members phkrause Posted September 19, 2009 Members Posted September 19, 2009 Anytime LifeHiscost. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted September 20, 2009 Administrators Posted September 20, 2009 Quote: Read the Good Book - "Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!" - Psalms 137:9. Send a message to those who sit on the wall "that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you." - Isaiah 36:12 What have I done. Have mercy on me Lord for starting this thread. Amen. Come on now, face the consquences of your own actions, like a man... or as the Good Book says, like one that "pisseth against the wall." (1 Kings 16:11 KJV) Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted September 20, 2009 Administrators Posted September 20, 2009 Speaking of letting it all hang out, so to speak, I think we shouldn't be too embarrassed to use truly Biblical methods to spread the message... Maybe we could really get some attention by following God's command to Isaiah to get the people's attention with His message - Walk around naked for 3 years. (Isaiah 20) Or maybe we could bake our Ezekiel bread the same way God commanded Ezekiel, in front of the people over an open fire fueled by his own excrement. (Ezekiel 4:12) Do you supposes we could attract some like-minded converts by such methods? Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Neil D Posted September 20, 2009 Posted September 20, 2009 Tom, In a biblical speak, you comfort me...You provide amusement to my brain....and reassurance to the heart... Thank you..... Now, I think I will go and bake bread.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted September 20, 2009 Administrators Posted September 20, 2009 Ahhh... the aroma of freshly baked bread... Glad to be of service! :smilewink: Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Moderators Gerr Posted September 20, 2009 Moderators Posted September 20, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood Quote: Read the Good Book - "Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!" - Psalms 137:9. Send a message to those who sit on the wall "that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you." - Isaiah 36:12 What have I done. Have mercy on me Lord for starting this thread. Amen. Come on now, face the consquences of your own actions, like a man... or as the Good Book says, like one that "pisseth against the wall." (1 Kings 16:11 KJV) There are only TWO that I know for certain that "pisseth against the wall" - man and dog. When a dog knows he's wrong, he tucks his tail. When a man knows he's wrong, he fights or flees. Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted September 20, 2009 Moderators Posted September 20, 2009 Ahhh... the aroma of freshly baked bread... With a whiff of dung! :smilewink: Quote
Neil D Posted September 20, 2009 Posted September 20, 2009 Maybe at YOUR house, but not at mine! Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Woody Posted September 20, 2009 Author Posted September 20, 2009 Quote: Maybe we could really get some attention by following God's command to Isaiah to get the people's attention with His message - Walk around naked for 3 years. (Isaiah 20) Now there's a modern inventive tool for evangelism. I like the dedication that one would have to have to do that. Far more effective than a billboard ... unless the billboard showed you naked. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Members phkrause Posted September 21, 2009 Members Posted September 21, 2009 I just bake one today, and it smells and taste great. I'd send it to you Neil but by than it will probably be stale. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GoLions Posted September 26, 2009 Posted September 26, 2009 All of satan's lies are terrible, but maybe the most despictable is the state of the dead. I believe a billboard could be done in good taste and be very effective in showing God's love. how many people turn away from God because they think that he sends people to hell to burn forever. I was at Michigan men of faith, and one of the speakers was recently from Oregon, and he mentioned the "pope" billboards. It got me to thinking that the devil will be able to use our 'truth' against us. It will put us in position where we will have to confirm or deny. Quote
Woody Posted September 26, 2009 Author Posted September 26, 2009 Oregon certainly does suffer from the results of the extremist billboards. I have yet to see one done tastefully. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
scubby Posted October 3, 2009 Posted October 3, 2009 As a survivor of many of those Sabbath afternoon forays to "pass out literature" I just chuckle a bit. At some point the Father will let us know how misguided our efforts were. But until then, I want to be known as someone who cared enough to get dirty, not the guy who threw money around buying ad space and thinking I'd done enough for the day. A wise old-timer told me years ago, and empirical evidence reiterates that "..no one will care what you know, unless they first know that you care." Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted October 3, 2009 Posted October 3, 2009 Quote: Maybe we could really get some attention by following God's command to Isaiah to get the people's attention with His message - Walk around naked for 3 years. (Isaiah 20) Now there's a modern inventive tool for evangelism. I like the dedication that one would have to have to do that. Far more effective than a billboard ... unless the billboard showed you naked. Except there's no way you could do it in public for 3 years, because you'd soon be in jail for indecent exposure. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
LifeHiscost Posted October 3, 2009 Posted October 3, 2009 As a survivor of many of those Sabbath afternoon forays to "pass out literature" I just chuckle a bit. At some point the Father will let us know how misguided our efforts were. But until then, I want to be known as someone who cared enough to get dirty, not the guy who threw money around buying ad space and thinking I'd done enough for the day. A wise old-timer told me years ago, and empirical evidence reiterates that "..no one will care what you know, unless they first know that you care." I'm wondering whether you feel it's a good thing to follow the counsel from the pen of inspiration. "The charge given to Timothy was, "I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine" [2 Tim. 4:1, 2]. This charge is for all who are acting a part in the ministry, [all] who are following the example of Christ. They must snatch the opportunities as they come. Let all be fully prepared to disseminate the light by word and by pamphlet. There should be hundreds of little tracts scattered as the leaves of autumn.{19MR 378.3}" Underlined mine LHC Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
teresaq Posted October 4, 2009 Posted October 4, 2009 Originally Posted By: scubby As a survivor of many of those Sabbath afternoon forays to "pass out literature" I just chuckle a bit. At some point the Father will let us know how misguided our efforts were. But until then, I want to be known as someone who cared enough to get dirty, not the guy who threw money around buying ad space and thinking I'd done enough for the day. A wise old-timer told me years ago, and empirical evidence reiterates that "..no one will care what you know, unless they first know that you care." ...ellen white backs you up!! she says we are to visit our neighbors, get to know them, take an interest in them. when they see how much we care about them they will listen. she, many times, shares how she practiced what she preached. Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
LifeHiscost Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost ...[/quote']ellen white backs you up!! she says we are to visit our neighbors, get to know them, take an interest in them. when they see how much we care about them they will listen. she, many times, shares how she practiced what she preached. There are some who arrive at the conclusion that because others do not show how they care, the way they would show how to care, they don't really care. Judgment call. Not meant to be part of today's judgment. "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world."1 John 4:17 21st Century KJV Regards! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.