Guest Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 in my excited state, who would either wound himself or actually kill someone, other than the one intended. I think it is safe to say that you should never own a gun. Or handle anyone else's for that matter. Quote
Guest Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 A stranger and I were walking away from a convenience store last night, and we saw coming toward us two people each with two guns. We passed each other and were thankful that nothing happened, and we went behind the next building and climbed up on the roof, all the while talking about what just happened, and about trying to stay safe. After we saw things were normal and seemed stable, we climbed down and continued talking. I was explaining my decision to buy a revolver, because they are ready to fire, whereas a semi-automatic has to have a bullet chambered before it is ready, and that was when I woke up. When you go back to sleep and end up with the semi automatic anyway, just remember to go ahead and jack one in the chamber and flip the safety on. It's called cocked and locked. Problem solved. Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 Neil, I came here to apologize for posting my reply to you in anger. If I hadn't been angry, I would have said the same thing, but left out "like you" in the second paragraph. I am sorry for that. But while I am here I want to address something else you've said since: This isn't about me, Catherine...It's about a young internet adventist who hasn't posted here of late since your comment. You're wrong. It IS about you. You are the one who's taken offense. In case you hadn't noticed, ever since Cosmin and his family moved to Romania, his participation here has been sporadic. He's had some pretty caustic comments directed at him in the past, which he told me about in a private conversation I had with him almost a year ago. If he were as sensitive to criticism as you seem to think he is, he would have left the forum long ago. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Woody Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 Quote: It IS about you. You are the one who's taken offense. This is ONE time ... I wish Olger was around. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 27, 2010 Members Posted January 27, 2010 should have a contest, Who is the most toxic poster? I want to vote in this contest. Quote Pam      Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members phkrause Posted January 27, 2010 Members Posted January 27, 2010 Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen should have a contest, Who is the most toxic poster? I want to vote in this contest. I'm in, this should really awaken certain people that think that they are not in that catagory! pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Bravus Posted January 27, 2010 Moderators Posted January 27, 2010 Haven't read this whole thread, just bits and pieces, but based on the bitterness and aggression shown in the thread, my strong impression is that SDAs should never own guns. Quote Truth is important
Members phkrause Posted January 27, 2010 Members Posted January 27, 2010 Haven't read this whole thread, just bits and pieces, but based on the bitterness and aggression shown in the thread, my strong impression is that SDAs should never own guns. Its like those behind the wheel of a car, that's called roadrage I wonder what being behind a gun in the same mood would be called mindrage? LOL pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 Haven't read this whole thread, just bits and pieces, but based on the bitterness and aggression shown in the thread, my strong impression is that SDAs should never own guns. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Guest Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 Haven't read this whole thread, just bits and pieces, but based on the bitterness and aggression shown in the thread, my strong impression is that SDAs should never own guns. I don't think that all SDAs will fit into your little category. Quote
Woody Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 Originally Posted By: Bravus Haven't read this whole thread, just bits and pieces, but based on the bitterness and aggression shown in the thread, my strong impression is that SDAs should never own guns. I don't think that all SDAs will fit into your little category. Why? Do you feel you're an exception? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Members phkrause Posted January 27, 2010 Members Posted January 27, 2010 I don't think that all SDAs will fit into your little category. Why? Do you feel you're an exception? It sounds to me there are quite a number that could fit that bill. I know there are times I could, but others that I know don't even let me get near one. So in the long run I stay away. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
bonnie Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 Quote: Its like those behind the wheel of a car, that's called roadrage I wonder what being behind a gun in the same mood would be called mindrage? LOL pk PK, You are generally a pretty fair man. While it is true rage was shown and a attempt by some to make those with guns in their home less,most did not exhibit rage.Unless you consider those with guns in their home disagreeing with non gun owners showing rage. I don't recall each post but remember true rage being shown by one. The faith of others was questioned and a willingness to have others do what a person themselves felt wrong. If defending oneself is wrong,then asking others to defend you,at times with guns is wrong as well. The Amish has been mentioned as a example.We have some Amish in northern MN.True pacifists. They will not even testify in court against those that have harmed them as they do not want the responsibility of sending another to prison.They will never call someone with guns to do what they believe is wrong. It would be interesting to see what you classify as mind rage Quote Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this. Quotes by Susan Gottesman
Woody Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 pk. You've given me the (dis)credit for saying something I didn't say !!! I think Richard said that! :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Members phkrause Posted January 27, 2010 Members Posted January 27, 2010 pk. You've given me the (dis)credit for saying something I didn't say !!! I think Richard said that! Sorry Woody, would not want to (dis)credit you for something that Richard said, or I just read it wrong. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 General Comment, So, true to form another thread degenerates into 'name calling'...ho-hum...samo-samo. SDAism at its finest!! Well ... some of it actually got moderated. We can be thankful for small favors. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Members phkrause Posted January 27, 2010 Members Posted January 27, 2010 Bonnie, I was basically responding to Bravus' comment. So maybe I generalized a bit to much, sorry. But I agree that one person did say something that was deroggatory. But I also read all the responses to that statement and, granted that he had them coming, but I would find it hard to believe that someone wouldn't have wanted to let him have it. Now I'd like to go back to a statement I made a long time ago, that a lot of the in your face statements that get made on the internet would never be made face to face. But I far as I'm concerned I have no problem with people that own or don't own a weapon. That is a choice each should make on there own and should not be condemned for that choice. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Neil D Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 should have a contest, Who is the most toxic poster? I suspect that we would all lose..... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Woody Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 That's generous of you. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Guest Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook I don't think that all SDAs will fit into your little category. Why? Do you feel you're an exception? I think most SDAs would be an exception to such a broad statement. But especially the ones I know from this part of the country. Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted January 28, 2010 Moderators Posted January 28, 2010 Maybe it's just the ones who struggle to 'get' an obvious joke, even when it has a huge smiley beside it as a clue, who should be kept away from the guns? Quote Truth is important
Guest Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 I thought you were smiling at the Baptists among us. Quote
Cosmin M. Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 O good people of Adventist forums, I have not been insulted, or will be by anyone! If you think I have not replied to this thread because someone supposedly insulted me, then your wrong. The reason I did not respond to this thread was during that time it was late and I went to be before I managed to see any new posts. I am also not easily offended, you can come and insult me, vulgarly and non, talk about my mother, talk about my father, I just don't care, and no, I am not one of those people that pretend they don't care when they are insulted and keep the insult in themselves (Over time it becomes a bomb) and tell no one about it. I just DON'T CARE if someone talks bad things about me. It just proves that they are lower then me. Also, I was not offended by any of this just so you don't think I am calling you lower then me . And a quote to go with this as well: Never listen to a idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 It's good to see you again, Cosmin. I like your signature ticker. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.