olger Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 I do not think an evolutionist should be the moderator or at worst, sole moderator, of an origins based forum on a website that is there to share the unique views of Seventh Day Adventism, unless that is not the purpose of the forums. But I will of course respect the views of those that run the website, whilst disagreeing with them on this point. x2, of course. g Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted October 10, 2010 Moderators Posted October 10, 2010 The personal belief system of an impartial moderator is irrelevant. Bravus is a university professor, well experienced in eliciting individual, creative thought from his students. I've never seen any hint of his trying to indoctrinate anyone on this board to his belief system. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 If persons have a problem with the teacher, find a closed minded class!! Who is qualified to teach an Adventist? I do not consider an evolutionist correctly qualified to teach any SDA. When someone teaches, they should at least have understood the lesson in the first place. If an evolutionist has not understood the teachings of the SDA church, how can that evolutionist then teach the SDA members anything except error? Unless of course our fundamental understanding of scripture meanss nothing... Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 The personal belief system of an impartial moderator is irrelevant. Bravus is a university professor, well experienced in eliciting individual, creative thought from his students. I've never seen any hint of his trying to indoctrinate anyone on this board to his belief system. Every time any of us share our viewpoint, we influence another. That is a given. But when someone is given a position of influence, when they do not hold the fundamental views of the church, over those that do, we have stepped on to very dangerous ground. Like I said, those that run the board have made that decision, I just want to air my caution and warning, that we are accountable for the podium we allow viewpoints to have... Accountable to God. Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 I am sure this will be considered a witch hunt by some. But it is not. It is a word of caution and warning. Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Woody Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 Yes Twilight. We do feel warned. But let me give you some insight. You take this forum and moderators far too seriously. It IS what it IS. Moderators set whatever tone they want in their individual forums. If you don't like one ... find another. Granted ... I used to be in a similar mode as you. But now I just accept the bias that is clearly present ... and accept it for what it IS. It means that some of my posts will be deleted. But I keep at it. And some make it through. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 Yes Twilight. We do feel warned. But let me give you some insight. You take this forum and moderators far too seriously. It IS what it IS. Moderators set whatever tone they want in their individual forums. If you don't like one ... find another. Granted ... I used to be in a similar mode as you. But now I just accept the bias that is clearly present ... and accept it for what it IS. That may well be the choice I have. But it does not mean I should not raise my concerns for the moderators, to consider/ignore/etc... If we have a spirit of "openness" here of course. :-) Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Woody Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 the "level of openness" varies greatly. the moderator is able to set whatever tone he desires when he desires. good luck. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Members phkrause Posted October 10, 2010 Members Posted October 10, 2010 That may well be the choice I have. But it does not mean I should not raise my concerns for the moderators, to consider/ignore/etc... If we have a spirit of "openness" here of course. :-) There is a spirit of openness Twilight on this forum. From the time I signed on to now. I for one, even though I approve of Bravus being the moderator, do agree with your concern. It is very much legit. Your sincerity comes through, and I know that you do not mean any disrespect towards Bravus. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 Originally Posted By: Twilight That may well be the choice I have. But it does not mean I should not raise my concerns for the moderators, to consider/ignore/etc... If we have a spirit of "openness" here of course. :-) There is a spirit of openness Twilight on this forum. From the time I signed on to now. I for one, even though I approve of Bravus being the moderator, do agree with your concern. It is very much legit. Your sincerity comes through, and I know that you do not mean any disrespect towards Bravus. Thank you PK. It is not a discussion of "Bravus", but a discussion of principle. I hope everyone can see that, if not, then there is nothing I can do. :-) Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
teresaq Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 Who is qualified to teach an Adventist? I do not consider an evolutionist correctly qualified to teach any SDA. When someone teaches, they should at least have understood the lesson in the first place. If an evolutionist has not understood the teachings of the SDA church, how can that evolutionist then teach the SDA members anything except error? Unless of course our fundamental understanding of scripture meanss nothing... or a spiritualist for that matter...twilight, you apparently are determined to believe bravus to be an evolutionist in spite of everything said to the contrary... do you see moderators as "teachers"...it would appear some may believe that to be their role, but that is not my understanding...and from what i understand of bravus has not been what he is doing on this discussion board. Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 Originally Posted By: Twilight Who is qualified to teach an Adventist? I do not consider an evolutionist correctly qualified to teach any SDA. When someone teaches, they should at least have understood the lesson in the first place. If an evolutionist has not understood the teachings of the SDA church, how can that evolutionist then teach the SDA members anything except error? Unless of course our fundamental understanding of scripture meanss nothing... or a spiritualist for that matter...twilight, you apparently are determined to believe bravus to be an evolutionist in spite of everything said to the contrary... do you see moderators as "teachers"...it would appear some may believe that to be their role, but that is not my understanding...and from what i understand of bravus has not been what he is doing on this discussion board. There you go again Teresa. :-) Acussing me of being a "spiritualist" for believing in the indwelling of the personal presence of the Holy Spirit... Then condemning me for the same "crime" that you have just committed it seems. :-) As to the teacher point. It was not a point I made, it was a point I was responding to. Please read back a little and you will see this quite clearly. Mark :-) Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 Teresa, as far as I am aware, Bravus is an evolutionist, that is the impression I have gotten over the last couple of years. If he is not, then I am willing to be corrected by him on that. Stating that he is an evolutionist is not an insult to him. Others have said he is not an evolutionist, but every discussion I have had with him results in him defending evolution. If his is not an evolutionist, then I will obviously withdraw all of my objections. Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
teresaq Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 Originally Posted By: Twilight Who is qualified to teach an Adventist? I do not consider an evolutionist correctly qualified to teach any SDA. When someone teaches, they should at least have understood the lesson in the first place. If an evolutionist has not understood the teachings of the SDA church, how can that evolutionist then teach the SDA members anything except error? Unless of course our fundamental understanding of scripture meanss nothing... As to the teacher point. It was not a point I made, it was a point I was responding to. Please read back a little and you will see this quite clearly. Mark :-) that shows how differently something can be read...if you could quote what you believed to be saying that bravus was teaching anything, here, on this forum. Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
Woody Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 As I stated. Moderators control their forum to their liking. If they don't like the direction it's going or if they feel something is "Off Topic" they can delete the posts. So, in a sense they are teaching by their control of the discussion to make the tone and direction to their liking. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 Originally Posted By: Twilight As to the teacher point. It was not a point I made, it was a point I was responding to. Please read back a little and you will see this quite clearly. Mark :-) that shows how differently something can be read...if you could quote what you believed to be saying that bravus was teaching anything, here. If you read back you will see where I originally quoted the teaching comment from and what I was addressing Teresa. I notice you did not respond to my objection to the "spiritualist" charge you have made again. You have made this charge several times now, over many threads. I do not think it is appropriate for you to do so. I am not a "spiritualist" and I would kindly ask you to stop insinuating to others that I am. I believe in the personal indwelling of the Holy Spirit as the bible teaches, that does not make me a "spiritualist". It makes me a Christian. Mark :-) Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 You also have to consider as well Teresa, that Jesus was accused of having an evil spirit in Him, which He pointed out was blasphemy of the Holy Ghost. If you are not to be guilty of the same, you had better be 100% sure that you are not accusing me of spiritualism when I am indeed enjoying the blessing of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Because you are in effect accusing me of having an evil spirit when you accuse me of practicing "spiritualism". Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Woody Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 As I recall ... Someone on this forum accused me of being lost and going to Hell. Hmmm. Being accused of being a spiritualist seems mild in comparison. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 As I stated. Moderators control their forum to their liking. If they don't like the direction it's going or if they feel something is "Off Topic" they can delete the posts. So, in a sense they are teaching by their control of the discussion to make the tone and direction to their liking. When myself and Woody start agreeing, you know there is a truth in there somewhere... :-) Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Woody Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 Quote: When myself and Woody start agreeing, you know there is a truth in there somewhere... :-) While I might agree with you ... I would never admit it. :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 As I recall ... Someone on this forum accused me of being lost and going to Hell. Hmmm. Being accused of being a spiritualist seems mild in comparison. Really? Someone telling another that their theology leaves them in danger of hellfire if they think that their sins are going to be dealt with at the Second Coming of Christ, so no need to worry about them now... ...is the same as someone telling everyone an individual is a "spiritualist in disguise"? I do not consider that quite the same Woody... But you can of course disagree... Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Woody Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 I must add that I personally have not seen Bravus control his forum nearly as much as other moderators. For the record ... I think Bravus usually does a pretty fair job on HIS forums. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Woody Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 Quote: But you can of course disagree... I do. Because that was not what was said. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Twilight Posted October 10, 2010 Author Posted October 10, 2010 Quote: But you can of course disagree... I do. Because that was not what was said. Are you sure that was not what was said, or do you think it might be that that was not how you received it? Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Woody Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 Either way ... You are not my judge. End of discussion. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.