Taylor Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 The person swearing him in messed up, from what I understand, not Obama. That is why Obama paused he was confused becuase the wording was different than it was supposed to be, so it was corrected and when he repeated it, it was correct. Quote
Woody Posted January 21, 2009 Author Posted January 21, 2009 He repeated the incorrect version. That is why some are suggesting a re-do in order to be the official president. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Taylor Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 Alright fella's, what does NPR stand for? National Public Radio Quote
Taylor Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 He repeated the incorrect version. The information was exactly the same, just in a slightly different order, I say it has no bearing at all. Who can blaim him when he is given the information wrong....that is a lot of pressure to be infront of nearly 2 million people on top of TV and internet viewers. He probably wasn't sure which was correct by the time he was done. I truely felt sorry for him. Quote
Woody Posted January 21, 2009 Author Posted January 21, 2009 I agree with you that it was not his fault. It was that Chief Justice that he voted against. But you are correct. The order was wrong. The Chief Justice corrected it about the same time that Obama was saying the wrong order that Roberts had initially said. Wardrobe Malfunction. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Taylor Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 lol Hey I would rather hear a "verbal blunder" than see a "wardrobe malfunction". Quote
Woody Posted January 21, 2009 Author Posted January 21, 2009 Or we can just call it a 'Bumbling Obama'. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Taylor Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 Well poor Bush was forever making verbal blunders...goes with the territory of high pressure. Very few are smooth enough to never make a mistake in public. Bush said some very funny things....by accident. You can get an entire book of all his "verbal mistakes" poor guy..I feel sorry for him too! Quote
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 Like you pointed out ... it was the Chief Justice that did the bumbling. But I think it is a great opportunity to blame Obama. Ha Ha. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Beryl Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Quote: But I think it is a great opportunity to blame Obama. Ha Ha. ????????????? I would have expected better, Redwood. Beryl Quote "Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves." But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.
Dr. Shane Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 The constitution is very specific and indicates what the President Elect needs to say. No it doesn't. The word in the Constitution is "take". "He shall take the following Oath..." Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Neil D Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 Redwood, Obama has a couple of pratical options. One, take the oath in the oval office before a private group Two, Ignore this whole thing Three, a total redo, complete with parades and bands... Since option 3 is totally and economically impractical, that leave either to ignore this or take the oath in private in the oval office.... NPR is currently reporting that Chief Justice Roberts along with few others, and repeated the oath of office, correctly. And if you had read my article, there are oath of offices that have nothing in common with the one in the constitution... So, I hope you are totally satisfied that Obama retook the oath of the office....He heard just you, on this momentous occasion....and did satisfy your disgruntled and grumbling opinions...It's too bad you couldn't make the occassion... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 Quote: But I think it is a great opportunity to blame Obama. Ha Ha. ????????????? I would have expected better, Redwood. Beryl Ahhh Shucks. No body's perfect ... not even Redwood. Well, at least I admitted my imperfection. But, that is the last imperfection you will see from me. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 Redwood, Obama has a couple of pratical options. One, take the oath in the oval office before a private group Two, Ignore this whole thing Three, a total redo, complete with parades and bands... Since option 3 is totally and economically impractical, that leave either to ignore this or take the oath in private in the oval office.... NPR is currently reporting that Chief Justice Roberts along with few others, and repeated the oath of office, correctly. And if you had read my article, there are oath of offices that have nothing in common with the one in the constitution... So, I hope you are totally satisfied that Obama retook the oath of the office....He heard just you, on this momentous occasion....and did satisfy your disgruntled and grumbling opinions...It's too bad you couldn't make the occassion... I've not seen any evidence that he retook the oath so for now ... he is still President Elect Obama. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Neil D Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 I've not seen any evidence that he retook the oath so for now ... he is still President Elect Obama. For Redwood, whose trust in FauxNews is unswerving...This is for you In a rare do-over, President Obama took the oath of office for a second time Wednesday after Chief Justice John Roberts and the new president had stumbled slightly over the oath's language on Inauguration Day. Some constitutional scholars had suggested that Obama re-take the oath just to be on the safe side. Obama did not substantively change any language on Tuesday, but after Roberts flubbed some of the wording the new president used language different from that prescribed in the Constitution. The chief justice and the president handled the matter privately in the Map Room on Wednesday night. It took 25 seconds, and when Obama repeated the oath Roberts told him, "Congratulations, again." The oath as written is: "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States...." But on Tuesday Roberts said, "I will execute the office of President to the United States faithfully." When Obama stumbled in repeating the line, it may have been because he knew the way it was supposed to be said. White House counsel Greg Craig said Obama took the oath again merely out of caution. "We believe that the oath of office was administered effectively and that the president was sworn in appropriately yesterday. But the oath appears in the Constitution itself," he said in a written statement. "And out of an abundance of caution, because there was one word out of sequence, Chief Justice Roberts administered the oath a second time." FOX News' Major Garrett and The Associated Press contributed to this report please note where this came from Redwood. Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 Thank you Neil. I do feel vindicated by the scholars. You see ... it is in the constitution and one word WAS misplaced. Accuracy is important. Fox got it right. So, as of today ... I will consider him my president. You have my blessing Mr. President now that Fox has affirmed this. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted January 22, 2009 Administrators Posted January 22, 2009 That is a relief, since I was begining to think you were sounding an aweful lot like a legalist demanding nothing but perfectly flawless compliance... :smile: But lest you get a swollen head of pride for your beloved FoxNoise that they were somehow had an exclusive, on this, MSNBC was on the story as well, albeit with more of a correctly balnced and fair reporting and commentary on it... Go in peace, my son, and lick your sore loser wounds quietly... Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Dr. Shane Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 MSNBC is more fair and balanced than FOXNews? Do they even claim to be fair and balanced? I would say that MSNBC caters to their liberal audience to the same degree that FOXNews caters to their conservative audience. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Robert Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 FOXNews caters to their conservative audience. They cater to sexism! Quote
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 Originally Posted By: Shane FOXNews caters to their conservative audience. They cater to sexism! Now Robert ... what is wrong with looking at good looking women reporters on screen? God made them that way ... they are God's creation. So, let's look. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 22, 2009 Members Posted January 22, 2009 Correct Redwood, and they are no different than CNN or any other news station for that matter. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 As it now comes to light ... Obama did not use a Bible when he took the official Oath. He may legally be the President now ... but not spiritually. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 22, 2009 Members Posted January 22, 2009 I thought his wife carried the Lincoln Bible in a case. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 I am not even aware that his wife was even there ... They banned any video of the event. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
fccool Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 As it now comes to light ... Obama did not use a Bible when he took the official Oath. He may legally be the President now ... but not spiritually. What are you talking about? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.