Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 When Obama was sworn in to office ... he didn't use a Bible. I saw it reported on Fox. And they even had a photo. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 22, 2009 Members Posted January 22, 2009 ?? I saw her holding what was described on TV as the Lincoln Bible, which she held as the oath was administered. I wonder what outerspace channel I was watching from?? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 That was the unofficial fake Oath. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 He officially took the Oath yesterday. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 With out a Bible. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 22, 2009 Members Posted January 22, 2009 Why two oaths? I didn't realiize there were two. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 The first one was illegal. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 22, 2009 Author Posted January 22, 2009 The Second one was ill-spiritual. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Bravus Posted January 22, 2009 Moderators Posted January 22, 2009 Well, gotta admire your persistence, Woodie. Pam, Judge Roberts slightly messed up the words of the oath at the official inauguration ceremony (with the big Bible), and President Obama followed him in the error and didn't correct it, so some doubt was thrown on the legitimacy of the oath. For this reason, the President swore the oath again, correctly, in private in the White House. Apparently on that occasion a Bible was not used. And Fox Noise has a photo. Even though they are also apparently making an official complaint that they weren't invited... Seen those old Twilight Zone episodes? This one is called 'The Cable 'News' Channel that Ate Brains'. Quote Truth is important
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted January 23, 2009 Moderators Posted January 23, 2009 Seen those old Twilight Zone episodes? This one is called 'The Cable 'News' Channel that Ate Brains'. ROFLOL Thanks, Bravus. This thread is better than watching an old silent movie! Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Dr. Shane Posted January 23, 2009 Posted January 23, 2009 I see no problem with Obama not inviting the media for the oath re-do. The media doesn't need to see everything he does. However, I do not see a problem with a news outlet complaining that they were not invited either. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Woody Posted January 23, 2009 Author Posted January 23, 2009 Quote: This thread is better than watching an old silent movie I wish the Obama movie was silent ... unfortuantely it is not. And we are stuck with it for four years. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
aldona Posted January 23, 2009 Posted January 23, 2009 ?? I saw her holding what was described on TV as the Lincoln Bible, which she held as the oath was administered. I wonder what outerspace channel I was watching from?? Isn't it the case that the oath would not be an oath without a Bible? Even here in this heathen secular nation where religion is kept right out of politics (most of the time, anyway), we have to swear on a Bible. When I gave evidence in court about a patient last year, I had to put my hand on a Bible and solemnly swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, etc. Just yesterday I took an affidavit to the police station to sign and once again I had to hold a Bible and solemnly swear "by Almighty God" that it was all true and correct in every particular, etc. (When I officially convert to the Quaker faith I won't be able to do that any more...have to start looking around and doing some research on what the legal alternatives are in Australia.) And anyway, didn't Jesus tell us not to swear by anything in heaven or earth? If He was around today, he would condemn swearing "by Almighty God" or on a Bible in the same terms He did the first time around. He would just tell the President to "say Yes or No and mean it" - if you swear an oath, you are implying that at other times when not under oath you are not obliged to tell the truth. aldona Quote www.asrc.org.au (Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each monthIMSLP/Petrucci Music LibraryThe Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music DownloadsLooking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!
aldona Posted January 24, 2009 Posted January 24, 2009 You are going to become a Quaker?? It's a long story but I feel that I've been a Quaker all my life without knowing it...it's just that for now, I believe I'm meant to be in the SDA church for a bit longer. My family and friends are mostly Adventists, and you know what it's like, changing denominations is like becoming a child molester or drug dealer - definitely "lose your salvation" stuff. Also, I'm helping run the music and the choir at church, and if I wasn't there it would collapse. So don't worry, I'm still officially an Adventist for a bit longer. aldona Quote www.asrc.org.au (Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each monthIMSLP/Petrucci Music LibraryThe Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music DownloadsLooking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!
Morepork Posted January 24, 2009 Posted January 24, 2009 I always understood we should NEVER swear on the Bible, and we don't have to either if we make that clear to the courts. They do accommodate those to who it is against their religious beliefs. Quote Morepork
Taylor Posted January 27, 2009 Posted January 27, 2009 It's a long story but I feel that I've been a Quaker all my life without knowing it...it's just that for now, I believe I'm meant to be in the SDA church for a bit longer. My family and friends are mostly Adventists, and you know what it's like, changing denominations is like becoming a child molester or drug dealer - definitely "lose your salvation" stuff. Also, I'm helping run the music and the choir at church, and if I wasn't there it would collapse. So don't worry, I'm still officially an Adventi A denomination never saved anyone regardless of what some people may tell you.(and I know that you know that is true.) I am not an SDA to gain salvation but because I truly believe that in many important ways they are the church that follows the Bible the most closely in it's teachings. However, there is much good in many other denominations and some have good where we don't and we have "truth" and "good" where they may not have it. The most important thing is to ask God "God, whatever truth you have for me, I am not only willing but ready to follow. No matter how that might cut across my path I want to do and be whatever you have outlined for me to do and be." If you do this, you will be safe. Like one preacher I once heard said, "If we all quitt arguing with God, we would be led into all of His truth". (I think we all argue with God from time to time...and I don't mean on major things either, but sometimes we don't like to view the world through His glasses.) Just my 2 cents. Glad you are on CA! Quote
olger Posted January 27, 2009 Posted January 27, 2009 You'll have to learn to be silent in church, Aldona. If you become a Quaker, I mean. oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Woody Posted January 27, 2009 Author Posted January 27, 2009 I am not goin to be silent no more. It's the Obama man that's goin to b 'quakin' if we determine that he is not legally our President. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Stan Posted January 27, 2009 Posted January 27, 2009 Quote: I heard on Fox that Obama may not constitutionally be President yet. Because he fumbled the Oath that is required by the Constitution ... he may not have said the required words in order to be the bonafied President of the United States. It may take action by the Supreme Court to determine if Obama adaquately verbalized the correct Oath. How many of you heard the fumbled words of Obama? The poor guy. He must have felt embarrassed. But we do need to determine if he was adaquately oathed in order to determine if his actions as president are now legal. What every happened to "The Reasonable Man"? did he leave the country and courthouse? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Woody Posted January 27, 2009 Author Posted January 27, 2009 Quote: What every happened to "The Reasonable Man"? did he leave the country and courthouse? The Lawyers decide who is reasonable and who is not. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 27, 2009 Members Posted January 27, 2009 Quote: What every happened to "The Reasonable Man"? did he leave the country and courthouse? The Lawyers decide who is reasonable and who is not. sort of The Reasonable Man: Quote: Devoid, in short, of any human weakness, with not one single saving vice, sans prejudice, procrastination, ill-nature, avarice, and absence of mind, as careful for his own safety as he is for that of others, this excellent but odious character stands like a monument in our Courts of Justice, vainly appealing to his fellow-citizens to order their lives after his own example. I have called him a myth; and, in so far as there are few, if any, of his mind and temperament to be found in the ranks of living men, the title is well chosen. But it is a myth which rests upon solid and even, it may be, upon permanent foundations. The Reasonable Man is fed and kept alive by the most valued and enduring of our juridical institutions-the common jury. Hateful as he must necessarily be to any ordinary citizen who privately considers him, it is a curious paradox that where two or three are gathered together in one place they will with one accord pretend an admiration for him; and, when they are gathered together in the formidable surroundings of a British jury, they are easily persuaded that they themselves are, each and generally, reasonable men. by A.P. Herbert The Myth of the Reasonable Man Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted January 27, 2009 Author Posted January 27, 2009 Thanks Rudywoofs. Now ... let's talk more about why Obama is not the President. I need more evidence. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Neil D Posted January 27, 2009 Posted January 27, 2009 I need more evidence. Well now, let's see....There was this parade, several songs, a large gathering of people,.... there was this Ubber conservative chief justice that Obama DIDN'T vote for administering the oath of office who congratulated Obama for sucessfully taking the oath, ....there was this same man who administered the oath A SECOND TIME who AGAIN congratulated Obama for taking the oath...the oath itself in both cases, was used and taken in the spirit that it was administered and applied,..... Gee, I dunno, what more evidence do you need that confirms that Obama is president.... Oh, and Redwood, I think that you are Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.