olger Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... sung1.html Student Arrested For Classroom Texting Wisconsin girl, 14, nabbed after refusing to stop messaging FEBRUARY 17--A 14-year-old Wisconsin girl who refused to stop texting during a high school math class was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, according to police. The teenager was busted last Wednesday at Wauwatosa East High School after she ignored a teacher's demand that she cease texting. The girl, whose name we have redacted from the below Wauwatosa Police Department report, initially denied having a phone when confronted by a school security officer. However, the phone was located after the girl was frisked by a female cop. The Samsung Cricket, the police report noted, was recovered "from the buttocks area" of the teenager. The student was issued a criminal citation for disorderly conduct, which carried "a bail of $298," and had her phone confiscated. The girl, who was barred from school property for a week, is scheduled for an April 20 court appearance on the misdemeanor rap. (4 pages) Humbly submitted by oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
olger Posted February 19, 2009 Author Posted February 19, 2009 We need to bring back.. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
guibox Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 A few more instances of that and my job will become much easier! :D Quote www.corbel.theacaistory.com
Cosmin M. Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 What do you mean by that? The more spanking part? Or the more kids going to jail for texting part? Quote
fccool Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 Forced schooling is some education, right? I would recommend any of the John Gatto's books to any of the teachers or parents I meet. I think many are confusing schooling with education. Quote
Stan Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 FWIW Teachers are the greatest assets in our Church.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com Â
Cosmin M. Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 I know. Since I went to Duluth Adventist Christian School last year and now I am going to a public school I compared the differences between Adventist teachers and Other teachers. I would say 1/10 Other teachers are good while 10/10 Adventist teachers are good. Quote
Cosmin M. Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 I hate kids that do those kind of things dgrimm60. Quote
Liz Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 It is kids like this that makes it so difficult for the kids who really needs cell phones to have them. Grrrrrr. Which is yet another reason why I homeschool. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
guibox Posted February 19, 2009 Posted February 19, 2009 What do you mean by that? The more spanking part? Or the more kids going to jail for texting part? Both! Quote www.corbel.theacaistory.com
Dottie Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 RE: spanking I taught in an Adventist school about 35 years ago. The principal had a meter stick that was extra thick. On it was written, "Apply the Board of Education to the Seat of Knowledge." At the teachers' convention thre year before, it had been passed out to the teachers.!!! Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 I know. Since I went to Duluth Adventist Christian School last year and now I am going to a public school I compared the differences between Adventist teachers and Other teachers. I would say 1/10 Other teachers are good while 10/10 Adventist teachers are good. Out of the ones you've known, maybe. But not all Adventist teachers are good. The woman that was teaching the school operated by my church when we first went there was NOT a good teacher. She was verbally and emotionally abusive to the children. If anyone had done to any of my kids what someone told me she did to theirs, I would have had their head on a platter! Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 Figuratively speaking, of course. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Liz Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 While I agree that spanking is a viable form of discipline; I am surprised at how many think it should happen in a school setting. When a child is disciplined by their parents, the parents have a vested interest in that child. The saying "this hurts me more than you" really holds true, because no parent enjoys spanking their child; or at least they shouldn't. When a parent has to discipline they know their child best, they know why the rule was put into place, and they know the reason or the motive on why the child broke the rule, this also allows for mercy to be granted. In a school setting the teachers don't love that child like their own, they don't have vested interests in them. Most don't know what is going on in the child's home, mainly because they are over worked. When physical punishment is meted out in this type of environment, it is tantamount to being hit by a total stranger. With the way society at large is nowadays, sometimes school is the only "safe" environment for children, they should be able to go their to learn not to be in fear that once again they are put in a situation where adults are allowed to hit them. I also know that when kids get out of hand that discipline needs to happen, but other forms of it, not spanking. And if they are really out of control then perhaps someone needs to look into the whole family situation, and then help...not condemn. How would we like it if the next time we got pulled over for speeding, that the policeman pulled us out of the car and spanked us with a board? Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
guibox Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 RE: spanking The principal had a meter stick that was extra thick. On it was written, "Apply the Board of Education to the Seat of Knowledge." Quote www.corbel.theacaistory.com
guibox Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 Out of the ones you've known, maybe. But not all Adventist teachers are good. The woman that was teaching the school operated by my church when we first went there was NOT a good teacher. She was verbally and emotionally abusive to the children. If anyone had done to any of my kids what someone told me she did to theirs, I would have had their head on a platter! There are bad apples in every school I'm not denying that. However, as a teacher, I learn to take some things with a grain of salt and don't believe everything parents tell me about teachers. I know them to be blatantly false and a product of a 'mama bear' mentality that overrides rationality and objectivity. Both my wife and I have been the brunt of the 'you're a bad teacher' gossip. We are both EXCELLENT teachers and have the clout, support and experience to back that up. Some parents take too much of a vested interests in their kids that they believe everything hook, line and sinker. Parents today are much easier played by their kids than they were in our generation. Quote www.corbel.theacaistory.com
Members phkrause Posted February 20, 2009 Members Posted February 20, 2009 I agree with you. I have a brother-in-law that was a teacher, he's retired now. He was an excellent teacher, and yet there where the few that complained and said he was not a good teacher. I think like parents, kids try to divide mother and dad, they do the same with parents vs teachers. I think if parents are under the impression that the teacher has a problem they need to talk with the teacher in private, without the knowledge of the children. Otherwise the kids can get the upper hand. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 RE: spanking I taught in an Adventist school about 35 years ago. The principal had a meter stick that was extra thick. On it was written, "Apply the Board of Education to the Seat of Knowledge." At the teachers' convention thre year before, it had been passed out to the teachers.!!! I received that Board of Education a few times while going to school. And just look at how good I turned out. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Cosmin M. Posted February 20, 2009 Posted February 20, 2009 @Redwood Lol. That really was the 'board' of education! Quote
olger Posted February 21, 2009 Author Posted February 21, 2009 Originally Posted By: Cosmin I know. Since I went to Duluth Adventist Christian School last year and now I am going to a public school I compared the differences between Adventist teachers and Other teachers. I would say 1/10 Other teachers are good while 10/10 Adventist teachers are good. Out of the ones you've known, maybe. But not all Adventist teachers are good. The woman that was teaching the school operated by my church when we first went there was NOT a good teacher. She was verbally and emotionally abusive to the children. If anyone had done to any of my kids what someone told me she did to theirs, I would have had their head on a platter! Best to forgive her, and anyone else she reminds you of. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 She never taught my kids. I homeschooled. Anyway, she left that school the same year we started going to the church. I didn't hear the story that made me so mad until recently, many years after the fact. This woman told their son that he was homosexual, then told the whole class that "J. is homosexual, that's why he acts the way he does." Then she told his parents after school that he was homosexual. This was an elementary school kid. Because he was different, he was already being teased unmercifully, but after she made this statement in front of the whole class, it got much worse. Like I said, I would have had her head on a platter. There is no mistaking that this happened, and no excuse for her to do it. The couple that told me this are nice people. They were more hurt than angry, and still are hurting from all that their son has gone through in trying to find peace with himself and with God. They don't go around talking about this. They only told me because they had just learned that I also have a homosexual son, and I had shared with them how hard it is for me to forgive people who treat him like dirt just for what he is, before he had ever actually DONE anything wrong. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Tallmark Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 Weak (or no) fathers in the house, and the kids have no respect for authority. God set the man to be the head. Most guys (I can't call them men) I've seen ought to be wearing a skirt. Sad! Quote
Cosmin M. Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 I would have more than just her head on a a platter.... Quote
olger Posted February 21, 2009 Author Posted February 21, 2009 You sound frustrated. How are you dealing with your son's choices? `oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.