Woody Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 1 John 3:2 " Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." 1 Cor 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 Quote: "Our earthly life, however long, honored, or useful it may be, is but childhood, frail, imperfect, and undeveloped. Manhood, with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin, we stand among the redeemed throng. Then we shall enjoy a life which measures with the life of God, and through everlasting ages we shall go on increasing in wisdom and knowledge." ST, June 9, 1881 par. 21 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Guest Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 When truth is contrasted with error, it shines even brighter. No wonder it's so bright around here. I thought I was going blind. Quote
Woody Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 Originally Posted By: skyblue888 When truth is contrasted with error, it shines even brighter. No wonder it's so bright around here. I thought I was going blind. Thank you Richard. I thought my quote from EGW was good also. Yes. Much light. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
skyblue888 Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." "By the Spirit, He said, He would manifest Himself to them. 'The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things.' No more will you say, I cannot comprehend. No longer will you see through a glass, darkly. You shall 'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, the length, and depth, and height, and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge." D.A.670. "Above, beneath, beyond, abides infinite Love working out all things to accomplish the good pleasure of His goodness." Education, p.134. sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Woody Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 Are you now able to: Quote: "'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, the lenght, and depth, and height, and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge." Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
skyblue888 Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 Are you now able to: Quote: "'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, the lenght, and depth, and height, and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge." "Above, beneath, beyond, abides Infinite Love working out all things to accomplish the good pleasure of His goodness." Education, p.134. "The deepest students of science are constrained to acknowledge in nature the working of infinite power." Idem,134. Get it Red? sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Woody Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 Are you saying that you have nothing more to learn? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
skyblue888 Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 No I have never said anything of the sort. sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Woody Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 I guess I misunderstood then. Thanks for clarifying. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
skyblue888 Posted August 19, 2009 Posted August 19, 2009 My pleasure. :) Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Members phkrause Posted August 20, 2009 Members Posted August 20, 2009 I don't disagree, but I do believe that eventually if we keep rejecting him, he leaves. Isn't that what's considered the unpardonable sin? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted August 20, 2009 Posted August 20, 2009 You have a good point pk. Sin will eventually cause us to not want Jesus and the Holy Spirit. And then WE will reject the Holy Spirit to the point that we will not hear his voice. There is no pardoning that. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted August 20, 2009 Members Posted August 20, 2009 Good counter point Redwood. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Twilight Posted August 20, 2009 Author Posted August 20, 2009 Originally Posted By: Twilight Are you a member of a SDA Church Redwood? You do not teach what I recognise as SDA theology. You teach: Saved in sin. Satan is winning the battle against God. That all men will be saved (you have yet to confirm this). It is okay to eat pork. That Jesus will change our Characters when He comes and we do not need to worry about it now. Those' date=' I would say are dangerous attacks against the foundational truths of our teachings. Now, if someone teaches those things and is a "member", I do not think they should be worrying about what others church attendance is like. But should worry about their own salvation and the fact they are undermining of some of the basic principles we hold as a people, that their influence is one that will confuse and teach others it is okay to sin. That should be the focus. I would deal with that first, before trying to bait another about something they have not decided to discuss... Mark [/quote'] I am not ashemed to proclaim that I am a Seventh day Adventist and hold firm to all of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of our church. Your list of my beliefs are simply false. They are an attempt to smear my character. Only the evil one would cause this to be done. I pray that you will turn your life over to Christ and repent of your sins. May God help you. The concern that I have is that there are some who parade around as Adventist ... but who are not. We are warned of the influence of this type of person. They may appear to be close to our beliefs ... but when you get to the core ... it is not Adventism. Myself and Sky have witnessed you make all of these claims. Please be aware, because you cut and paste your quotes on different sites, many of your statements can be tracked across different id's on different forums. You stated on Adventist Online that it is okay to eat pork, unless you are denying you are not the poster 4him on there (remember you have left an electronic trail of cut and paste quotes). You stated on here in the last few days that Satan is stronger than God. You have stated on here and on Adventist Online that our Characters will be changed when Jesus comes. We are in the process of clarifying if you believe that all will be saved. So please do not make claims that these are lies, because every one can be proven with a simple search in google. Mark Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Twilight Posted August 20, 2009 Author Posted August 20, 2009 Originally Posted By: skyblue888 When truth is contrasted with error, it shines even brighter. No wonder it's so bright around here. I thought I was going blind. :-) Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Twilight Posted August 20, 2009 Author Posted August 20, 2009 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." "By the Spirit, He said, He would manifest Himself to them. 'The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things.' No more will you say, I cannot comprehend. No longer will you see through a glass, darkly. You shall 'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, the length, and depth, and height, and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge." D.A.670. "Above, beneath, beyond, abides infinite Love working out all things to accomplish the good pleasure of His goodness." Education, p.134. sky So this is referencing spiritual discernment and not "character change" then Sky? Mark :-) Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Twilight Posted August 20, 2009 Author Posted August 20, 2009 Are you now able to: Quote: "'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, the lenght, and depth, and height, and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge." Are you not able to receive Christ into your heart by faith then? Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
skyblue888 Posted August 20, 2009 Posted August 20, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood Are you now able to: Quote: "'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, the lenght, and depth, and height, and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge." Are you not able to receive Christ into your heart by faith then? "When God gave His Son to our world, He endowed human beings with imperishable riches, riches compared with which the treasured wealth of men since the world began is nothingness. Christ came to the earth with the hoarded love of eternity, and this is the treasure that, through our connection with Him, we are to receive, to reveal, and to impart." Ministry of Healing, p.37. "The hoarded love of eternity" is the "fullness of God," "the fullness of divine light and love and power," which we may obtained by appropriating to ourselves the all-sufficient merits of a crucified and risen Saviour. This is the gift that cannot be excelled and that brings all other blessings in its train. "Thank God for His unspeakable gift." 2 Cor.9:15; Eph.3:14-19. sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
skyblue888 Posted August 20, 2009 Posted August 20, 2009 Originally Posted By: skyblue888 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." "By the Spirit, He said, He would manifest Himself to them. 'The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things.' No more will you say, I cannot comprehend. No longer will you see through a glass, darkly. You shall 'be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, the length, and depth, and height, and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge." D.A.670. "Above, beneath, beyond, abides infinite Love working out all things to accomplish the good pleasure of His goodness." Education, p.134. sky So this is referencing spiritual discernment and not "character change" then Sky? Mark :-) It brings both, discernment and character change. How can one be filled with the Spirit without having both? right? sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Twilight Posted August 20, 2009 Author Posted August 20, 2009 Originally Posted By: Twilight So this is referencing spiritual discernment and not "character change" then Sky? Mark :-) [/quote'] It brings both, discernment and character change. How can one be filled with the Spirit without having both? right? sky You are right :-) They go hand in hand. Mark :-) Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
skyblue888 Posted August 20, 2009 Posted August 20, 2009 They sure do! :) Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Woody Posted August 20, 2009 Posted August 20, 2009 Just for the record since I am tired of all the lies about my Biblical postions .... I do not believe that it is okay to eat pork. I have never had even one bite of pork in my entire life and do not intend to. I have never indicated it biblical to eat pork at any site at anywhere on the internet or PMs or in person. You know .... instead of spreading slander .... you could just ask me what I believe if you were truly interested Mark. But then with your closed mind .... why would you be interested. I support all the 28 Fundamentals of our church which I doubt that you and your non-SDA twin can say. I am not going to be addressing each and everyone of your lies and twisting of my words. In the future ... just ask. And try not to make these threads so personal in nature. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
skyblue888 Posted August 20, 2009 Posted August 20, 2009 Red, I have never seen Mark "slander" anyone. On other forums you said many things about the health reform. Please don't use this now as a distraction. Do you really want to go there? sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Woody Posted August 20, 2009 Posted August 20, 2009 I do not wish to side track this forum into personal issues. Mark has falsely accused me of saying that eating pork is okay. This is a complete lie. I will not be side tracked by your attempt to support him. Either his charge is true or it is false. I am saying very clearly that it is a lie. Am I making myself clear. If you have futher issues ... please PM me and do not further side track this thread with your support of Mark. Quote: Mark: Are you a member of a SDA Church Redwood? You do not teach what I recognise as SDA theology. You teach: "It is okay to eat pork." ... "You stated on Adventist Online that it is okay to eat pork" At no time have I ever either "stated" nor "taught" that it is okay to eat pork. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.